pam's avatar

Why are women so unpredictable?

Asked by pam (32 points ) March 10th, 2008

Being a man, life becomes so easy when dealing with male friends or colleagues after you spend a while with them.But when it comes to dealing with women, even a few years seem short or negligible.Why do you guys think women are different or what makes women think differently?

Riser's avatar

Women are just as different as men.

If men would actually read between the lines they would understand women on a level that would at least permit simple communication but it usually requires developing an analytical mind and, generally men aren’t the best at reaching sub-conscious analytics.

The scary thing is it puts you in a vulnerable place that… you’re probably not going to like.

Men think women are so vastly different they have placed in their mind a subconscious wall that usually keeps them from ever confronting where the miscommunication between the sexes comes from in the first place.

Let me give you an actual example using myspace (I know… myspace…but patient with me)

You go on myspace and see your friend, who is very attached to his city, has recently moved. He has changed his location from “Carlsbad, Ca to “Nowhere, USA.”

All that says to the average man is that his buddy his moved. A concrete solution to a concrete question.

A female friend goes on the same page and notices the change in location. She does not think “oh he moved” instead she ponders his character, someone who is married to this little town, and deduces that he is sub consciously calling his new location “Nowhere, USA” because it isn’t Carlsbad so it might as well be “Nowhere.”

She has taken a concrete question and answered it in the abstract.

Who is more accurate? Both are equally accurate but have approached it from two completely different angles.

Does it make more sense, now, why your girlfriend could be upset with you over something you aren’t even aware of? It isn’t because you’re ignorant or stupid, it’s because she is answering a concrete with an abstract and you are only acknowledging the concrete.

Hope that sheds SOME light on a very vast idea.

Ruben's avatar

There was a guy who found a wishing lamp, he rubbed it and a genie came out. The genie said “I will grant you one wish.”
So this guy said I dont like to fly so can you build a bridge from California to Hawaii. The genie told him your crazy, that’s to long. Give me another wish. So the guy said I want to understand woman & the genie said how long did you want the bridge. :-)

Laura047's avatar

I would answer your question except I kept changing my mind on how I should answer it. Then I decided to go to the mall to shop and get my nails done.

Tennis5tar's avatar

I was going to answer, but I don’t think I could do it as well as Riser!

ninjaxmarc's avatar

Sometimes actions are done with emotion then true thought or reason.

Unpredictable but more so just with a little bit of understanding and patience will get men to understand women. Vice verse it could easily go both ways.

artificialard's avatar

You’re implying a certain double-standard with how women think based on difference between your experience with women and men. Maybe it’s simply that your a man and understand/ relate easier to other men? And vice versa…

kisses88's avatar

cuz we’re cool like that

stephen's avatar

thats true to most of people but not to me sometimes, I think women are always easy to be effected by the man’s attitude to them. actually ya can use the same way of treating the friendship of man to the women, but be careful do not take any pressure to them,

hossman's avatar

My vote for thread most likely to get me in trouble.

Clinton252's avatar

Riser says we should read between the lines. Why should we have to. Why make things more complicated. So you read between the lines and come up with the wrong answer. It’s just crazy illogical nonsense. I think being gay isn’t such a bad thing. Maybe I’ll give it a shot.