shpadoinkle_sue's avatar

Is there anything to help with borborygmus?

Asked by shpadoinkle_sue (7181 points ) April 28th, 2010

Or stomach growling. The noise is driving me a bit insane because it’s constant, little growls. It’s not hunger, I can tell you that. I’ve looked up a bit on it and I understand what it means, but is there anything I can do to help alleviate the noises? Would Pepto Bismol help? Drinking water? Or am I just gonna have to bite the bullet?

PandoraBoxx's avatar

Eat, already. Not eating is not good for you. If you are trying to lose weight, eat lots of small snacks of protein, veggies and fruit.

shpadoinkle_sue's avatar

@PandoraBoxx :) I have eaten, thanks. I had a bologna and fritos sandwich with cran- grape juice about two hours ago. Not the healthiest of meals, but my favorite.

Brian1946's avatar

I don’t know how well it will work for you, but how about starting off with the simplest and most healthful prospect- water?

stratman37's avatar

Turn the stereo up!

Provlear's avatar

Trepanning of the stomach.