AnswerMan1980's avatar

Who tried to killed Bob Marley in the 1976 assassination attempt?

Asked by AnswerMan1980 (84 points ) March 14th, 2008

Clearly, Bob Marley did not have favorable political opinions towards some in the US, but would they really try and kill him? Really interesting stuff in Bob Marley’s Biography.

MENSAN's avatar

To this day, I am told that his attempted assassins remain unknown.

In December 1976, two days before “Smile Jamaica”, a free concert organized by the Jamaican Prime Minister Michael Manley in an attempt to ease tension between two warring political groups, Marley, his wife, and manager Don Taylor were wounded in an assault by unknown gunmen inside Marley’s home. Taylor and Marley’s wife sustained serious injuries, but later made full recoveries. Bob Marley received minor wounds in the chest and arm. The shooting was thought to have been politically motivated, as many felt the concert was really a support rally for Manley. Nonetheless, the concert proceeded, and an injured Marley performed as scheduled, two days after the attempt. When asked why, Marley responded, “the people who are trying to make this world worse aren’t taking a day off. How can I?” The members of the group Zap Pow, which had no radical religious or political beliefs, played as Bob Marley’s backup band before a festival crowd of 80,000 while members of The Wailers were still missing or in hiding.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Marley

gogemw's avatar

i don’t know but always keepon crying tht why people want to take a masiah,man of unity man of love,teacher of aweness of all about the life,master of vision,king of soul and smile,we loss a realy man of GOD,the man fight against all evil doing by moster,creator of happiness when you get confuse,i always remember bob and love marley with all my heart,he show me a way to love people that hate me and forgiveness,he show me the way how to be a father,love,bilief in God,share,african ubuntu,revolutionary,teach me how to be a leader,pls GOD send another one like bob marley, we criying everyday,we lost massage of wisdom,thanks voice out my pain.