Buy MacBook Pro now or wait till June?
FIrst off I know that with Apple you’ll never be able to keep up with the latest hardware (unless you’ve got money to burn). But here’s my problem. I just ordered a MacBook Pro 17” high res a few days ago. The following two days I watch as numerous blog entries are posted telling of quad-core processors shipping Q3 this year. I have at least a week to cancel my order but I’m not sure if I should.
Question is: If you were in my situation would you wait until June to see if the MB Pro gets a quad-core update, or should I just go ahead and let mine ship? I plan on doing some but not a ton of video editing on it using Final Cut Express so I could benefit from the 4 cores.
This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.