ftp901's avatar

Have you ever used a reputable vacation apartment rental service in Paris?

Asked by ftp901 (1276 points ) August 14th, 2010

I’m researching accomodations in Paris and I’m noticing that week-long vacation apartment rentals seem to be a good option. They look cheaper and nicer than hotels.

However, I only want to rent somewhere that people actually had a good experience with and would recommend. I’ve been looking at TripAdvisor but just wondered if anyone here has had any experiences.

So, have you ever rented an apartment for a week (instead of a hotel). Can you provide the name of the apartment rental service and the address of the apartment you stayed at?

These people were great, especially for Montmartre. We had a wonderful experience renting for a week there from them. The manager is Canadian and speaks (and writes) fluent English.

andrew's avatar

We used craigslist when we lived for a month in Paris, but I’ve heard good things about vrbo.com. And of course, our friends at airbnb.com.

drpoop's avatar

yes, in fact I rent an apartment in paris, for a week or two at a time.
customers seem happy with their stays

dendi's avatar

Yes, I find a good 29 sqm studion on this website http://www.lodjee.com/paris they also have some list of apartment rental. I rent apartment because I travel to Paris with 5 friends, I heard that most hotel there cost per people, not per rooms, so I decided to stay on apartment