Fall is my favorite time of the year. I love the crisp, cool air and enjoy wearing snuggly, warm sweaters. I like to take long walks in the woods and watch all the beautiful leaves falling around you. Fall makes me feel like a kid all over again. It reminds me of when I was young and my Dad would rake up a big pile of leaves and my sister and I would jump in them. Fall is also about apple picking and selecting the biggest pumpkin for Halloween…..and watching “It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.” Fall is the time of year that you get together with family and friends and show how much they mean to you.
“Life has taught us that love does not consist of gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction.”
~Antoine de Saint~Exupery
Even in uncertain times, it’s always important to keep things in perspective.
True wealth is the ability to fully experience life.
~Henry David Thoreau
1. You are alive.
2. You are able to see the sunrise and the sunset.
3. You are able to hear the birds sing and waves crash.
4. You can walk outside and feel the breeze through your hair and the sun’s warmth on your skin.
5. You have tasted the sweetness of chocolate cake.
6. You didn’t go to sleep hungry last night.
7. You awoke this morning with a roof over your head.
8. You have overcome some considerable obstacles, and you have learned and survived.
9. You have a friend or relative who misses you and looks forward to your next visit.
10. You are strong and healthy – if you got sick today, you could recover.