Was another user with a green avatar.
My previous experience here has taught me much about mind viruses.
Therefore, I will attempt to approach this site in a new way:
– I will not respond to claims that my arguments are offensive or dismissive.
– There will be no involvement by me in a meta-analysis of any discussion here.
– I will avoid the urge to converse in an overly-parenthetical way.
– I will avoid bending over backwards to stress how what I say doesn’t apply to every single person.
– I have been here since 2011, and I have never lied. Not a single lie. I just don’t do it – not in real life, and not here. It’s pretty much the only consistent thing about me.
– If I am wrong about something, please call me on it. I promise, I will admit when I am wrong.
– Having our ideas challenged is a great thing. I will not shy away from playing devil’s advocate more often than I have in the past. This process can often be beneficial for the person taking this position as well as others involved, if the conversation has become an echo chamber.
– We are all human. Tempers can flare. I am not immune to engaging in the occasional ad hominem. I attempt to self-edit all of these instances. If I fail to catch something, I am sure one of the mods will remove it. Anyway, when I have done this, it is not something I am proud of. It’s embarrassing, and there is really no excuse.
– There are a handful of people here on fluther that are very passionate about what they describe as their “agnosticism” (political, religious, or other). They are so passionate that their main objective is to attempt to derail legitimate discussions with discussions about tone and confused tirades about the concept of being “offended”. Note: These are not people who are offended personally – rather, they speak for the offended. They are probably the most deluded among us, and surely the most dangerous. They are also under the delusion that their position is without claim and therefore above justification. This is pure agenda, but widely regarded as agenda-free by many. I will not be engaging with these people.
– If you find that you are offended, this is an area that you should explore. Explore your emotions and determine why it is that you feel offended. More often than not, we interpret the pain of being wrong as something else.
– I am on fluther infrequently at night and on the weekends, when I am enjoying the company of my family.
– Stepping into a thread that you were not involved in and commenting on how impolite people are being, or the futility of the conversation is a fucking horseshit move. It kills the conversation and is often allowed here on fluther. If the concepts are too complicated for you, stay out.
– “Drama” is not something that results in asking difficult questions. It is what happens when the perpetually-offended (or those who speak on their behalf) decide that drama should replace vigorous, thoughtful debate.
– I’m not very smart.
– I am an asshole sometimes. Who isn’t?
– Very few people get my sense of humor, which probably means that it sucks.
Topics (0) see all
Looks like hominid hasn’t added any topics to their profile yet.