General Question

troubleinharlem's avatar

What are these weird things in this person's eye?

Asked by troubleinharlem (7978points) October 17th, 2010


Why are there those little ridges and such, what are the called, etc?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

11 Answers

troubleinharlem's avatar

Okay, haha, I guess no one knows.

Neizvestnaya's avatar

My guess is it’s tissue that expands and contracts around the iris.

rooeytoo's avatar

I think it is a close up of a rectum not an eyeball.

Brian1946's avatar

That looks like an iris to me.

I think the iris is basically a muscle so those ridges could be striations, but IIRC, only voluntary muscles have striations and I think the iris is an involuntary muscle.

The above is just a guess on my part.

gasman's avatar

I think it’s a normal iris. Here is another image I found on Google. I’m guessing that the image you posted is a scanning electron micrograph, and thus is way more detailed than a standard close-up of the iris.

nebule's avatar

just wanted to say…awesome image!!!

troubleinharlem's avatar

@nebule : Here are more, if you want to see. ^^

@Brian1946 : What is IIRC?

Brian1946's avatar


If I Remember Correctly. I should put that and my other obscure acronyms in my profile.

troubleinharlem's avatar

@Brian1946 : xD No big deal, its all good.

nebule's avatar

@troubleinharlem Thank you…so cool!! which just goes to show that people with blue eyes are better… only kidding!

troubleinharlem's avatar

@nebule: Haha, I wish I had blue eyes! Although, my mum says that they would make me look weird with my darker skin… xD

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther