General Question

MyNewtBoobs's avatar

What's the name for this type of sleeve?

Asked by MyNewtBoobs (19026points) December 21st, 2010

I know that I look really good in it, but I never know what the name of it is.
Example 1 Example 2

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

9 Answers

anartist's avatar

“cap” sleeves

MyNewtBoobs's avatar

@anartist Really? I thought those were really short t-shirt sleeves.

Coloma's avatar

Love the green dress! The sleeves escape me. lol

MyNewtBoobs's avatar

@Coloma I have no formal outfits – tonight I just used some black pants with a tank top and a shrug, but I do sort of need something that I can wear when the occasion calls for it. I may ask my mother for it for Christmas…

anartist's avatar

A short sleeve popular on women’s blouses and dresses that extends over only the edge of the shoulder to reflect the ultimate in feminine style.

rooeytoo's avatar

I wouldn’t call those sleeves at all, they just look like wide straps to me!

augustlan's avatar

I agree with @rooeytoo. Those just seem like wide set straps in a triangle sort of shape.

sahuleka546's avatar

I think those are straps, not sleeves.

lucillelucillelucille's avatar

I’m sure there is a name but I’d call them wide tapered straps.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther