General Question

msbooger's avatar

What do you do when you go to your in network doctor and he sends bloodwork to out of network facility !

Asked by msbooger (36points) April 14th, 2008

We got a bill for 1,200 for bloodwork that is not covered

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

4 Answers

cheebdragon's avatar or google MBAA (medical billing advocates of America)

cwilbur's avatar

Call your insurance company and your doctor. See if there’s anything they can do.

(This sounds like a screwup on your doctor’s part.)

msbooger's avatar

I called the insurance company and they said it now is our bill . They sent it to this same place last year and it was covered , the girl from the insurance company said that’s wierd that they paid it last year because it should n’t have been. ha I think this is someone just sitting in their basement !!

cheebdragon's avatar

Ask your doctor for copys of all the paperwork, especialy the paper that you usually have to sign while you wait to be seen, they should have needed your athorization to send your labwork.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther