General Question

nomtastic's avatar

what is the word that describes the sensation, in dreams, of being in two places at once??

Asked by nomtastic (974points) May 7th, 2007
there is a term for this - like how it often occurs in a dream that you will be in your bedroom at home and also your childhood bedroom... i'm looking for the word that describes the sensation, not the meaning of the sensation itself.
Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

1 Answer

hossman's avatar
Many people misuse the term "synchronicity" for what you have described, but what you have described is not actually synchronicity, but rather "bilocation" or "multilocation," a paranormal phenomenon attributed to several Catholic saints, psychics, and the occultist Aleister Crowley. It is usually applied in the context of an "actual" paranormal occurrence, where the subject is physically and observably present in two real physical locations at the same time, sometimes during a dream state at the original location, rather than both locations being part of the dream itself.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther