Social Question

stemnyjones's avatar

How do I toggle "block format" text in Word 2007?

Asked by stemnyjones (3969points) April 11th, 2011

I am writing an essay. I had to use block format for my abstract page, at which time I researched how to do it because I was unable to figure it out myself. Now I realized that half of the paper is still typed in block format. I’m trying to figure out how to toggle it off (I remember I used a ctrl code before). Help please?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

4 Answers

zenvelo's avatar

Highlight the area to be in Block Text, then click the Block Text icon. Highlight the other text, and then click the format you want.

stemnyjones's avatar

Where is the Block Text icon?

Nevermind. I just figure out a way to do it. Line Spacing drop down list, Line Spacing Options, and switch it from “Left” to “Justified”.

zenvelo's avatar

In Word 2007, on the Ribbon, there are 4 icons in a group in the Paragraph options. They look like 6 lines stacked on top of each other. One is left justified, one is center justified, one is right justified, and the fourth is block text.

Shuttle128's avatar

“Block Text” is also called “Full Justified” or “Justified.” The keystroke combination for justified text is Ctrl+J.

J for justified.

Answer this question




to answer.
Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther