General Question

trogdor_87's avatar

Do you know any good sites where I could buy a TV stand that would keep video game systems cool?

Asked by trogdor_87 (1094points) April 23rd, 2008 from iPhone

My 360 just got the RROD so I was wondering if there were any good TV stands to keep it well circulated or possisbly cooled?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

2 Answers

PegLeg's avatar

I don’t have a specific place for you to shop, but I can say that your best bet is to shop around locally so that you can physically look at the size of enclosures various stands have. I used to work in the sales of HDTV’s and our customer’s most asked question was always “Where can I find a stand I like for all my components?”. It is difficult and will take some time.
My personal recommendation is to buy a “credenza”, these pieces are what usually go in a large foyer. They have multiple drawers to hold DVDs, Games, etc. and you can place your electronic equipment up top where it can be well ventilated. Here is a look at what I use…
It was bought through a interior designer here in Florida so I couldn’t tell you who made it. It originally came with large legs for the base of it but i removed them to make it fit under the movie screen you see in the photo. Furniture companies to try are, Bernhardt, Stanley, and Henredon. They all make pieces like the one shown.

* This is the link to my Flickr page if you want to see more of the home theater set up.

Zack_In_Black's avatar

Ehem, just in case you’ve never heard of Ebay….

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther