General Question

rodydoe89's avatar

How do I get a license to sell my homemade wine?

Asked by rodydoe89 (356points) July 27th, 2011

I live in Alabama. I do not own a store in which I wish to sell my homemade wine. I want to have local wine stores sell my homemade wine for me. What kind of licenses and permits do I need in order to do this? Do I need any kind of permit from the local health department?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

3 Answers

WestRiverrat's avatar

There are some numbers in this article
I would call them and ask.

rodydoe89's avatar

Thank you! That is extremely helpful!

laureth's avatar

You need at the least, federal and state licenses, and, depending on where you live, city or township licenses. When my homebrewing husband looked into this for his own dream-fulfillment purposes, he found it was far too expensive for a small-time home-scale vintner to manage, but we live in Michigan, not Alabama. Good luck. The biz is certainly tilted to the Big Boys.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther