General Question

SuperMouse's avatar

What is this green line?

Asked by SuperMouse (30829points) May 4th, 2008

There is a green line down the center of my laptop screen. What is it and how can I get rid of it?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

5 Answers

xxporkxsodaxx's avatar

Something is probably wrong with the screen, you should get it fixed by GeekSquad or The Apple Bar.

peedub's avatar

It sounds to me like you have a nasty game of PONG on your hands. I suggest you win.

iwamoto's avatar

could be a loose connector, did you do anything funny with it? i don’t mean use it as a prop on stage, but opend it hard and fast or anything like that?

8lightminutesaway's avatar

probably a loose or damaged connection. though when I’ve had a loose/damaged connector there were usually symptoms all over the screen not just in one area. could also be a damaged screen. I don’t recommend GeekSquad, my friend worked there and he said they steal your money. See if you can find a reputable local computer technician, and I stress the reputable.

wildflower's avatar

Before you run off to a repair shop that could end up charging you an arm and a leg…...make sure you do basic things like resetting NVRAM (if it’s an Apple laptop, the instructions to do that are here ). If the line’s still there, it’s probably hardware and you should go to a repair center.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther