General Question

DrewJ's avatar

Are there any academic advising services outside of academic institutions?

Asked by DrewJ (436points) October 19th, 2011

I am looking to go back to school. I’m not sure for what just yet and I’m looking and researching different options but its all just a little overbearing.

I remember when i was in college they had advisers and stuff and that was GREAT. I need something like that again, though, if I went back to my college and asked for help the advisor would really only be able to help me with my options at THAT school.

I’m wondering if there are academic advisement services out there that can help you explore different options and help guide you. Advisors that aren’t affiliated with any one particular school.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

3 Answers

janbb's avatar

There are people who advise high school students on what colleges would be good for them and who help them with applications. Perhaps a Google or Yellow Pages search on “college advisers” or “college application advisers” would help you find one.

Response moderated (Spam)

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther