General Question

georgekasheshe's avatar

How do I get a good RN-BSN graduate job with US government?

Asked by georgekasheshe (27points) November 9th, 2011

As a new graduate (bachelors degree) registered nurse, how do I get a good healthcare job with one of the US government agencies or institutions?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

6 Answers

JilltheTooth's avatar

Join the Air Force. Seriously. My sister did that, the benefits were great, she was delighted with the whole deal.

Tropical_Willie's avatar

@georgekasheshe Where are you current located and are you a US citizen?

georgekasheshe's avatar

Yes am a US citizen and I live in Maryland, attended University of Maryland

snowberry's avatar

US Department of health might be a start. Also see about applying at your local VA hospital.

Tropical_Willie's avatar

The CDC might be another place to look. Atlanta based if I remember correctly.

jca's avatar

You have to google the agencies and take civil service exams for each one. For the couny I work in, each test is $25 and you apply about 2 months prior to the test, and it takes 6 months for the results to come out, and then they start canvassing the list.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther