General Question

Kandy's avatar

What colleges offer an equine studies program?

Asked by Kandy (363points) December 7th, 2011

I have been thinking about going to school to be some sort of equine physical therapist/own an equine rehabilation center, but I don’t know where to start looking. What schools do you know of that offer equine studies? (Or something of the like)

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

8 Answers

marinelife's avatar

The University of Maryland has a program.

Here is what The Princeton Review says about equine studies.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

SUNY Morrisville has an excellent equine studies program. If you’d like some more info let me know. Plus it’s reasonably priced.

Kandy's avatar

@Adirondackwannabe That would be great if you don’t mind sending more information my way.
@marinelife Thanks!!

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

@Kandy Morrisville has a branch campus in the same lot as my building. PM me with your address and I’ll grab some info for you.
PO Box is safest if you have one.

wundayatta's avatar

You may also want to talk to folks at places where there are a lot of horses to be treated, such as race tracks or carriage horse stables in large cities. These people could tell you what the need is for horse therapy and where they got educated.

In addition, there are a number of healers of humans who use horses in the treatment. You could email any of these, I’m sure, and ask about their work and how they got into it.

Tropical_Willie's avatar

There is the Morgan Horse Farm at the university of Vermont.

submariner's avatar

Michigan State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine has an equine performance center.

Rarebear's avatar

Old article, but I assume they’re still there.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther