General Question

auhsojsa's avatar

Can I pay a fine to the traffic court in installments in California?

Asked by auhsojsa (2516points) January 9th, 2012

I’m having a hard time finding the information on this. I’m from San Diego, and I know the information is somewhere on this website

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

4 Answers

nikipedia's avatar

You will have to go in front of a judge and ask him for an installment plan and there is no guarantee they will grant you one (or so said the cop who gave me a ticket a few days ago).

Tropical_Willie's avatar

I read the “payment of the fines”, it says credit cards can be used. Implication is NO payment must be paid in full.

@nikipedia beat me to it.

Judi's avatar

My experience has been, that if you want to do traffic school to erase it from your record, you have to pay it all up front, plus the traffic school fees. If you want to accept the consequences to your driving record, the judge will usually grant a payment plan. This is the real class warfare :-(

marinelife's avatar

You can make arrangements with the court.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther