General Question

jenlk1207's avatar

What can I do for my therapist who lost her dad?

Asked by jenlk1207 (440points) May 19th, 2008 from iPhone

my therapist lost her dad today, is there anything that I can do for her? I don’t want to cross any lines, any ideas on what would be appropriate? At this point her and I are more friends, and will be stopping our sessions within the next month. I just want to show my sympathy, but am not sure what to do. Any ideas?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

5 Answers

lovelyy's avatar

send her flowers and a sympathy card.

susanc's avatar

Don’t send flowers. Send a card and write in it.

marinelife's avatar

Write something, a card or even just a note, letting her know you are thinking of her in this difficult time. If you are willing, ask if there is anything you can do to help out.

scamp's avatar

If you want to do something beyond sending a card, you could give her a memorial tree in honor of her Father. It’s very touching to know something is growing and lives to honor a lost loved one. There are several sites besides the one I posted that do this. If you’re interested in this, check to see if there is one local to your area. I told a friend about this, and the young man she did it for was able to go to the planting ceremony. Now he has a place to go when he wants to think about his Mom, instead of a cemetery.

jenlk1207's avatar

thanks to all of you for your thoughts, I’ll use them.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther