General Question

newtscamander's avatar

Name for this gorgeous PB&J mix from America ?

Asked by newtscamander (2843points) January 19th, 2012

In 2009 I went to the UK for a student exchange, and my host family had this PB&J mix they had brought home from New York.It was in a glass jar and you could see the peanutbutter and jelly stripes inside. It was delicious, I would love to find and order it ! :)

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

11 Answers

Seaofclouds's avatar

Smucker’s makes something called Goober Stripes. It comes in grape or strawberry flavored jelly with peanut butter also in the jar. Not sure if it’s the same thing you had before, but it sounds similar.

newtscamander's avatar

Yes! You’re right ! Goober Stripes, exactly. Thanks a lot ! :) :) :)

marinelife's avatar

You can order it from Amazon.

newtscamander's avatar

Thanks, to all of you :)

Rarebear's avatar

Man, I never could stand Goober—even as a kid. To each her own, I guess.

marinelife's avatar

@Rarebear I’m with you. The peanut butter was cloyingly sweet and the grape jelly. Yuck!

Blueroses's avatar

I used to LOVE Goober Grape when I was little, but only the first half of the jar. After it lost it’s support, it all tended to ooze down into an unappetizing sludge that nobody wanted to touch.

I agree now, it’s way too sweet for my grownup tastes.

zensky's avatar

Skippy all the way…

Hain_roo's avatar

Like grilled cheese? Try grilled PB & J. MMmmmmm.

newtscamander's avatar

Well, I hope I still like it, cause I just spent 10 € ordering it ;D I’ll try that @Hain_roo :)

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther