General Question

nomtastic's avatar

how do i get rid of foot pain?

Asked by nomtastic (974points) June 26th, 2007

i stepped funny on my foot a few weeks ago when i got out of bed, then it got better, then it got hurt again when i was carrying my bike on my shoulder down some stairs (which i do all the time.) now the pain only lessens when i wear my sneakers tied tight. the pain is in the arch of my foot.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

8 Answers

SaraPnT's avatar

I am not a health practitioner. But if the pain you are feeling is in the arch and toward the heel of your foot then it is possible that you have a condition called plantar fascitis. You might do a search on the net for this condition to see if the descriptions seem to fit and to determine if you want to proceed with a health care expert for treatment.

Tennis5tar's avatar

I had this problen in my arches and over the bridge of my foot too. I got myself an elasticated ankle support that went around both places. I could strap it tightly because it had an adjustible strap, so I changed the pressure daily depending on the pain level. It soon cleared up.

Supergirl's avatar

I get this pain sometimes as well. I do runner stretches every night, and it makes it feel a whole lot better. This includes stretching your arch against the wall, and/or going up on your toes and back to your heels in reps.

hossman's avatar

I have had success in having someone I trust manipulate my foot, moving the bones around until they "pop" like knuckles.

nomtastic's avatar

so after the initial muscle strain, i went to the beach and stepped on a skewer (!) so now it hurts more. i think i will try epsom salts. what about this bandage business?

Tennis5tar's avatar

Oh No! Try using some pressure bandage when walking around or standing. It'll give you support and protect whichever part of your foot you skewered. I hope it feels better soon!

nomtastic's avatar

where do i get such a pressure bandage? at the drugstore? last time i did this for a foot injury, it ended up harming my achilles tendon.

Tennis5tar's avatar

You should be able to get one from the drugstore. If not there then a sports shop would likely sell them. Maybe you should go to a physio.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther