General Question

Can anyone recommend a good place or forum to get advice on an Android phone problem?

Asked by srmorgan (6773points) March 25th, 2012

I am having trouble with my Android phone. If I launch a music-related app like Pandora or an mp3 player, the app cuts out on me before the song is finished. I have to restart the app.

As I said this is happening with both the crapware app loaded on the phone, the Amazon mp3 player and Pandora.

At first I thought it might be the fact that some of my older music is older CD that were ripped directly to disk a while back but it is happening on Pandora as I said.

Where can I go to get some expert advice on this ?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

6 Answers

I just typed in “Android Support” in a search engine and got this:
Ask Android Tech Support

Android.JustAnswer.com

and

ExpertHelp.com/Android

I don’t have a cell phone, but I hope this helps!

What version of Android are we taking here? I know that trying to run current apps under older versions (anything before Froyo) can result in weirdness, especially if you are low on memory. Hell, low memory by itself causes issues on any computer.

@jerv
I must have a relatively current version of Android. Not sure how to find out what I have.
I bought the phone, a Droid X2, in July so what I have was current as of that date/

Thanks

SRM

@srmorgan In that case, you have Gingerbread, just like I do on my X. That brings me back to my suspicion about free memory (RAM, not storage) because I have similar issues when I have too many things going on and my free memory drops below about 45MB. Usually, a quick trip to the task killer solves it.

But cruise Androidforums and Androidcentral
if that doesn’t help.

Response moderated (Spam)
Response moderated (Spam)

Answer this question

Login

or

Join

to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
or
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther