General Question

ETpro's avatar

What do they call this desk-lamp part? [See details].

Asked by ETpro (34557points) June 5th, 2012

We picked up a halogen desk/table lamp at Goodwill. It needs a bulb, but I have a spare. It’s also missing the circular, frosted-glass bulb cover. The three metal clamps for the cover are there, but the glass is missing. What is that cover, like the one on this image, called?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

6 Answers

augustlan's avatar

Diffuser, I think.

marinelife's avatar

Yes, it is diffusers.

Judi's avatar

Or maybe lense cover?

ETpro's avatar

@augustlan @marinelife & @Judi Thanks. I need to tack a name on the thing to go search for a replacement part.

majorrich's avatar

If you are unable to track down the part, a window shop could make one of tempered, blasted glass. It would be thicker and tougher.

ETpro's avatar

@majorrich Thanks. So far the search is not finding anything. I might have to have one made.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther