General Question

Harrow185's avatar

Know of any colleges in California that accept lower division transfers?

Asked by Harrow185 (298points) July 23rd, 2012

I’m attending a school in MA, I applied to multiple schools but figured I should stay near home the first year. I’ve completely regretted my decision. I already know I want to transfer because I was weight listed to schools in California, once I agreed to going to the school in MA, the California school accepted me. What I’m asking is if anyone knows of schools in cali that accept lower division transfers. I know it’s not practical, but it’s what I want to do. I’m looking to transfer after one semester. I’ve called and emailed, but I’m either put on hold, or just disconnected. And the emails were never answered. Thank you in advance for your help. (I’m interested in schools in southern cali)

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

4 Answers

YARNLADY's avatar

You should discuss this with the counselor of the school you now attending. They can help you get answers. California schools are in a holding pattern right now because of the uncertainty of funding.

gailcalled's avatar

What college are you attending in MA?

Where were you wait-listed?

Look up the schools in S. Ca. that interest you and see what they say about eligibility for transfer students.

Are you specifically asking about transferring as a freshman with only one semester left to complete?

Tropical_Willie's avatar

There is a LARGE difference in tuition charges for non-residents at University of California, $23,000 per year. At most colleges transfers are reviewed on a class by class basis, I transferred once and I had to go to the Dean of the new school for credit transfers, two classes were at the graduate level at the school I transferred to, he gave me 6 credits at his school. I had to give an oral review of the the classes and topics covered.

Carly's avatar

@Tropical_Willie is right. Do you know how expensive it’s gonna be to go to a college in CA when you’re considered a non-resident? There’s no point in going. If anything, you should look into moving out to California and taking a few classes at a community college for the first year you become a resident in the state. Then you’ll have a much easier chance of getting into whatever CA school you want to.

Sorry things got messed up in the beginning for you. :/

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther