Social Question

Dutchess_III's avatar

What do you call those women's "shorts" that go to mid-calf?

Asked by Dutchess_III (44377points) July 27th, 2012

Mid calf shorts

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

13 Answers

KNOWITALL's avatar

My mom would say “pedal pushers” but I call them capri’s.

wilma's avatar

Mid-calf I call capri pants.
When they come just below my knee I used to call them pedal-pushers, now I see they are often called skimmers.

linguaphile's avatar

Some people call them “clam-diggers.” I’ve also seen “culottes.”

Ponderer983's avatar

Capri or crop

augustlan's avatar

Another vote for capris. Cropped, to me, means just shy of ankle length.

Aster's avatar

Capris nowadays; pedal pushers 100 years ago.

Dutchess_III's avatar

Crap. I called them pedal pushers today. >_<

Ponderer983's avatar

@Dutchess_III Yeah you better stop that or the fashion police will kick your ass!

SpatzieLover's avatar

My grandma called them pedal pushers. Grandma’s been gone for almost 20yrs now @Dutchess_III

ccrow's avatar

@Aster not 100 years ago!! I’m not that old yet…:-/ I don’t use that term now, though.

Dutchess_III's avatar

I know they used the term in the 50’s. It came about because the girls would wear those pants when they rode their bikes. Pretty sure my mom used that term.

Answer this question




to answer.
Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther