General Question

trailsillustrated's avatar

What is this lawn care implement called?

Asked by trailsillustrated (16794points) August 14th, 2012

It’s used for edging lawns and trimming weeds, it has a cord that whirls around. whats the american word for this? thank you

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

8 Answers

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

A weedeater or string timmer.

Kardamom's avatar

Also called a weed whacker.

LuckyGuy's avatar

We call it a weed whacker.

trailsillustrated's avatar

Thank you ! I knew it had a name I just couldn’t think of it! I am posting for one on cl and want to call it the right thing—people might not know what a whippersnipper is lol

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

A whippersnipper sounds like a high speed vasectomy machine.

lillycoyote's avatar

I only just recently learned, courtesy of an Australian Flutherite, that what we refer to in the U.S. as a “week whacker” is, at least in Australia, called a “whippersnipper.” I like both terms. “Weed whacker” has alliteration and “whippersnipper” rhymes and both are kind of fun to say.

I could go either way on it.

trailsillustrated's avatar

@lillycoyote, exactly. I knew there was a name for it here but could not think of it!

elspethe's avatar

Love the name whippersnipper…could be a new competitor!

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther