General Question

TheGreenBrideGuide's avatar

What do you call the round table cloth that only is in the middle of a table?

Asked by TheGreenBrideGuide (178points) July 1st, 2007

When setting up a banquet - you only want to have color in the middle. I need the word for a mini table-round...or what have them.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

4 Answers

mdy's avatar

The first word that came to mind is ''doily'' but I'm not sure if that's correct.

Tank8131's avatar

Doile. I posted a response a couple minutes after you posted the question but I guess something just didn't connect.

gailcalled's avatar

Doilies may be small and round but are usually crocheted. I would just say a small round table cloth (give diameter). Or check out Martha Stewart, who knows all domestic trivia, if you can stomach it.

dessine's avatar

I've always called the long ones runners (like for rectangular tables).

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther