General Question

unused_bagels's avatar

What do you call this word?

Asked by unused_bagels (1749points) January 30th, 2013

What do you call a despot who rises gloriously to power, then falls, like Julius Caesar or Hitler?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

17 Answers

janbb's avatar

I don’t think there is one word that encompasses the idea of a fallen tyrant. .

Response moderated (Unhelpful)
RandomGirl's avatar

“Fallen tyrant” is as close as I can come. It would be an interesting word, if it’s out there!

wundayatta's avatar

Shooting star?

augustlan's avatar

Someone who has been “knocked off his pedestal”?

Pachy's avatar

Discharged Despot

Luiveton's avatar

Ex it-girl.

Pachy's avatar

Decimated Despot

HolographicUniverse's avatar

Barack Obama

Only kidding, there is no formal term just simply “fallen despot”

janbb's avatar

Etu’d Brute?

zenvelo's avatar


janbb's avatar


CWOTUS's avatar


YARNLADY's avatar

Deposed, and most likely dead.

cmomoCPA's avatar

The Bush Administration.

Or you could try Merriam Webster Online select synonyms.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther