General Question

silky1's avatar

Am I eligible for a tax refund?

Asked by silky1 (1505points) February 5th, 2013

I had an offset in 2008 when I filed my taxes and they took $300 from my tax refund. I am on SSD and somehow when I filed I still received a refund that student loan took.
Now that I am considered totally disabled by the goverment and received a total loan discharge can I get the money the took n the offset.? I was told I could.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

1 Answer

KNOWITALL's avatar

I think you can. My mom is on disability and filed for back taxes for the last few years and got several thousand, but she does work part-time at a local health clinic. It kind of depends on your state I believe, Missouri is a pay-to-work state. You should file and see anyway, no loss really.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther