Send to a Friend

keobooks's avatar

Is there any way to legally divorce someone yourself if your estranged spouse refuses to sign the papers?

Asked by keobooks (14276points) January 23rd, 2014

This is awful. A relative of mine agreed to divorce his wife over a YEAR ago. He moved out, but he refuses to sign the divorce papers. I feel so sorry for his wife. She wants to get on with her life, but she can’t because he won’t finish things up. He won’t even call a lawyer.

Is there ANYTHING she can do to get out of this by herself?

Using Fluther


Using Email

Separate multiple emails with commas.
We’ll only use these emails for this message.