Send to a Friend

Aubs427's avatar

Using Temporary Paper License along with expired license for Vegas trip?

Asked by Aubs427 (421points) January 24th, 2014

I recently got my wallet stolen and had the DMV print me out a temporary paper license in the mail. I don’t have a California ID and the two things I have that have my name on it are my work ID and this old license I had back from 2010. My friends planned a last minute Vegas trip and I’m wondering…

I’m not looking to go gambling or anything, but I would like to enjoy a drink or two (Fat Tuesday) on the Strip or a bar. Would I be able to use my expired license and the temporary license the DMV mailed me in order to prove who I am and my age? Also, the temporary license does NOT have my picture on it. I would use my old license and even work ID to prove identity. But, I’m hearing a lot of mixed reviews.

I do have a passport, but that is expired as well. Thanks for your replies!

Using Fluther


Using Email

Separate multiple emails with commas.
We’ll only use these emails for this message.