General Question

KNOWITALL's avatar

If you have a judgement, and it's paid off, do you file the release or does the creditor?

Asked by KNOWITALL (15285points) February 17th, 2014

I paid off a major medical bill for hubs and they sent me a Satisfaction of Judgement. Do I just keep it or am I supposed to file it at the courthouse to take it off my record?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

2 Answers

livelaughlove21's avatar

When I was interning with probation and we converted their fees to a civil judgment, they had to take proof that it was paid to the courthouse in order for it to be removed. This may vary by jurisdiction, so I’d call and ask.

KNOWITALL's avatar

@livelaughlove21 Okay, that was my next step. I wondered because they never said anything like “we’ll file this next week” or “you need to file this.” Kind of rude not to tell people how to keep it cleared

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther