General Question

Questionsaboutstuff's avatar

What connection is this?

Asked by Questionsaboutstuff (265points) March 10th, 2014
I need to buy something with this type of connector but have no idea what it is

it has 8 pins on each side

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

8 Answers

Tropical_Willie's avatar

What is it connected to ? ? It looks like a custom / one of a kind.

Questionsaboutstuff's avatar

its for a laser scanner you might find in a local store to scan items

ARE_you_kidding_me's avatar

You’ll need to get oem parts that does not appear to be a standard connector.

Tropical_Willie's avatar

Contact the company that made the barcode scanner.
Most handheld scanner are for PC connections to a Point of Sale computer and use a generic connector that plugs into the back of the PC.

XOIIO's avatar

That’s something proprietary or very uncommon

LuckyGuy's avatar

You can start looking at Digikey .
If the part is standard, they will have it.

Strauss's avatar

Isn’t that a “helifino” connector?

LuckyGuy's avatar

~@Yetanotheruser If it is, Digikey has them in stock.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther