General Question

JAS08on's avatar

Tricare coverage for dependent.

Asked by JAS08on (18points) April 26th, 2014

Hello, I have a question about Tricare Health Insurance for a dependent. The question is about my niece. Her father is in the navy, and my niece was on his Tricare plan. She is now no longer on her father’s plan. But, she is trying to get medicaid trough socail services now. She was approved for Medicaid, but, Medicaid needs a letter from Tricare saying that she is no longer on the plan before they can cover her. So my question is where would she get the letter? And what should the letter say?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

2 Answers

hearkat's avatar

I am confident that it’s a standard form letter that TriCare and other insurance providers are familiar with. Your niece should call or email TriCare to request the letter. Here is their “Contact Us” page:

wildpotato's avatar

@hearkat is right. Just have your niece call them, give them her info, and request an end of coverage letter that states the date benefits stopped.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther