Send to a Friend

GloPro's avatar

Do you know anything about Relocation Assistance?

Asked by GloPro (8311points) May 24th, 2014 from iPhone

A government agency purchased the land my house is on and I have until September to move before they raze the building.

They have assigned me a Relocation Assistance Agent. Should I hire a lawyer? He seems to be intent on finding me any 2 BR/1BA condo or apartment anywhere in Tahoe.

I currently live in 1,000 sq. ft. Apartment with only one neighbor, within walking distance of most things I do regularly, with beach access. I have kayaks right on the beach and a small private stairway from the beach to my place.

California Code stipulates that they find a comparable dwelling for me. Although the government purchased this land for expanded public beach access, the agent lists my apartment as having a beach view, which is not an amenity. I contend that I have beach access, which is definitely an amenity. I’m not sure what to do.

Any other info anyone has about Relocation Assistance Programs is also appreciated.

Using Fluther


Using Email

Separate multiple emails with commas.
We’ll only use these emails for this message.