General Question

jdogg's avatar

Is there a way i can connect my computer to my tv?

Asked by jdogg (871points) July 5th, 2008

I thought about and s-video cord but i didn’t think it included audio. (I want to play audio and video on my tv)

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

4 Answers

jrpowell's avatar

S-video is only video. You will also need to run a separate cord for audio. You can use a mini plug to RCA cable to do this.

battlemarz's avatar

S-Video out from a computer doesn’t always work well with TVs. Some integrated video and video cards support TV out in the form of S-Video, but not all do. Do some checking to see if your video card supports TV out. If it doesn’t, then you would need an adapter which converts the computers video signal to the TV, and those run between 50–100 dollars.

If you have a TV that supports VGA or DVI, that is probably a better way to do it.

jlm11f's avatar

Like jp said, S-video would only cover video, and the audio would come out from your computer. i have used this method before, and the only way it works is if i connect my computer to a set of big speakers since i can’t control the audio by tv remote. i would also suggest using an RCA cable like he said.

shrubbery's avatar

I agree with battlemarz, VGA to VGA will do it if you have the input on the computer and the tv.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther