General Question

Spargett's avatar

How do you insure a vintage vehicle that's not in Blue Book?

Asked by Spargett (5385points) July 16th, 2008

I got a vintage motorcycle (1962). It’s not in the Blue Book. How do determine the value of the vehicle for insurance?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

8 Answers

XCNuse's avatar

I thought all vehicles that were built over .. oooh a CB, all vehicles that were built before a certain date could have a vintage tag?

chaosrob's avatar

You need to get it appraised. Start with a local auction house, and see if they can hook you up with a vehicle expert or a resource online somewhere.

srtlhill's avatar

haggerty antique is who I use. I like them rather than any of the rest. they will need a approximate value of the car even if it’s just what the car is worth to you. I’m not sure if they insure bikes.

scamp's avatar

Haggerty Antique is great. We have 4 vintage cars and used them.

Spargett's avatar

Haggerty Antique is a valid insurance agent in the eyes of the California DMV?

srtlhill's avatar

@spargett I have my insurance in ny. I thought they were nationwide. I’d go to there web site and they might be able to at least steer you in the right direction.

gooch's avatar

You can get a special policy from your agent.

scamp's avatar

@Spargett, I’m in the Northeast as well.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther