General Question

123April's avatar

Where to get the Legal papers?

Asked by 123April (20points) September 5th, 2015

I want to file for Alimony in Pa. Where could I get the legal papers to file myself. And how would i go about presenting it to the judge to sign?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

2 Answers

zenvelo's avatar

In most states you go to the local Family Law Court, and fill out the forms for an ex parte filing. Then you file it with the clerk of the Court, and they will tell you when you have an appearance before the judge.

You will have to arrange to serve papers on your ex, so that he (or she) gets notice of when they can appear to explain their side of the story.

Alimony/spousal support is usually decided at the time of the divorce settlement. So if you are divorced, you would have to have an awfully good reason to have it awarded later.

Response moderated (Spam)

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther