General Question

GD_Kimble's avatar

I'm looking to replace sugar with honey when cooking; is there a standard measurement conversion?

Asked by GD_Kimble (2277points) November 10th, 2006
Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

13 Answers

skfinkel's avatar
Check Joy of Cooking. In the middle, I recall a measuring replacement of everything.
skfinkel's avatar
I saute in olive oil: chard, beet greens, italian kale, and/or other greens, onions/garlic, until they are all somewhat wilted. You can put a little full cream yogurt on the side and cover generously with the best parmesian cheese (or feta, or greyere), and it is a treat.
skfinkel's avatar
Yes. But don't break your teeth.
skfinkel's avatar
Sorry, didn't switch discussions--this was about something else
andrew's avatar
I was wondering about that.
skfinkel's avatar
yes, and I couldn't erase my answet
skfinkel's avatar
er, answer
skfinkel's avatar
Made a little error here and answered other questions without switching to the question. So, please take the recipe and the concern about broken teeth with a grain of salt
evander's avatar
we have always used half cup of honey for a cup of white sugar. You may want to experiment, though, because we usually replace oil with apple sauce which adds some sweetness
nomtastic's avatar
try the moosewood cookbook (or anything by molly katzen.) hippies know all about this stuff. also, keep in mind that you are increasing liquid by adding honey, but that in pastry sugar is *also* counted as liquid.
Deaner3D's avatar
While making the no-fail Pumpkin Pie (Moosewood cookbook) I used 1-part sugar instead of honey. It came out great....dunno if that's an answer ;)

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther