General Question

flo's avatar

In Firefox, where is the 100% for the size of font?

Asked by flo (11354points) October 15th, 2015

In Explorer it’s right there at the right bottom of the screen.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

15 Answers

flo's avatar

That’s strange, as soon as I posted the OP it said “10 minutes ago”

flo's avatar

By the way I don’t see the three horizontal bars for menu on Firefox.
Okay now it is corrected, (the time since posting the OP)

jaytkay's avatar

If you have the menus showing:
View -> Zoom ->Reset

If you do not have menus showing, click the settings “hamburger” in the upper right. There’s a 3-section row at the top. a minus sign to zoom out (shrink), the current zoom as a percentage and a plus sign to zoom in.

If the zoom is not 100%, click it to return it to 100%.

ibstubro's avatar

Does holding the Ctrl key down and clicking either + or – achieve your goal?

jerv's avatar

I use Ctrl-0 (the number zero) to reset my zoom level when it gets messed up.

And yes, the way they do menus in newer editions of Firefox is a bit odd and non-intuitive. It kind of threw me as well, though not terribly badly since I usually used keyboard commands instead of the menus.

@jaytkay “Hamburger”.... I like that!

Stinley's avatar

I know this is not quite what you are asking but when I want to change the zoom, I hold down the Ctrl key then use the scroll wheel on my mouse to zoom in and out. This works for most programmes I use like Chrome, Word, Excel

ibstubro's avatar

Yo! @flo! Whadda ya know?

Any of these suggestions do the trick?

flo's avatar

@jaytkay The thing is the word Zoom is not there either under the “star” icon. But there is on Explorer under the “wheel” icon.

So the 3 horizontal bar icon is called a “hamburger” menu. At first I thought it was a slang word or something.

@ibstubro and @jerv and @Stinley yes those ideas work thank you all. I’m really curious where Firefox is hiding the menu bar, (hamburger menu)

ibstubro's avatar

In the upper right corner of my Firefox screen there is a box at the end of a sky blue bar that has 3 horizontal black lines in it. My menu is there, @flo.

CWOTUS's avatar

Nice tip, @Stinley. I know literally hundreds and perhaps (literally) thousands of keyboard shortcuts, but I did not know that combination keyboard-mouse shortcut. That’s great. Thanks.

Stinley's avatar

@CWOTUS. No problem. I know lots too. Maybe we should have a question where we swap shortcuts and tips?

flo's avatar

@ibstubro It depends, I see it now and have seen it in the past but I was using another computer when I posted this OP, so I guess under what circumstances would you not find it?
Is it the version of Firefox?

ibstubro's avatar

Beats me, @flo. I never knew it was there or used it until this question. lol

flo's avatar

Okay. Why is called a hamburger menu, by the way?

jaytkay's avatar

It looks kind of like a hamburger.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther