General Question

kimchi's avatar

How do I heal this?

Asked by kimchi (1440points) February 27th, 2016

Someone accidentally hit me with a tennis racket on the right arm near my elbow. It aches and hurts a lot. Tennis tryouts are in 2.5 days. How do I lessen the pain or help this heal quickly? Please help – I’ve been waiting for tennis tryouts for forever.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

9 Answers

Cruiser's avatar

Put ice on it and take an anti inflamatory like Ibuprphen…if you are still hurting in 2 days…rub some dirt on it

Bagardbilla's avatar

There’s a wonderful homeopathic ointment for internal injuries. It’s called Arnica, you can pick it up at any healthfood store. It does wonders! Good luck in the tryouts!

Brian1946's avatar

I’ve heard that lecithin (which can also be bought at health-food stores) facilitates bruise healing and perhaps overall circulatory functions, which include tissue repair.

Strauss's avatar

I experience some occasional joint pain due to my age. Fortunately it’s not severe, and when I need relief, I reach for the Arnica. I’ve been using it since I was younger, and my father, who worked construction, used it as well.

Stinley's avatar

I’d second the ibuprofen advice. Take it from now until the trials to reduce the inflammation around the injury. Keep gently exercising it but save the big workout for the trials

Dutchess_III's avatar

Well, what I would do, personally, is to keep working it, work it on out. But that’s just me.

Strauss's avatar

Well, I actually use both ibuprofen and arnica. If the pain is unusually strong, and the arnica isn’t working fast enough, I’ll go with the ibuprofen.

But I also find the massage action used to apply the arnica is soothing.

MollyMcGuire's avatar

I would call an ortho and ask him. Someone said ice, but in my experiences ice is for right after an injury, then you go to heat. I’m not a doctor. Ibuprofen is a good idea if you can take it. I can’t believe you haven’t been to a doctor since this is so important to you.

filmfann's avatar

If this is important, find a doctor to give you a shot of cortisone.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther