Mimishu1995's avatar

Who would like to play The Jelly Below Me (TJBM) #67?

Asked by Mimishu1995 (16886points) March 10th, 2016

The game rules are:
Respond to the question/statement from the poster above.
Ex: I might make the statement:
The Jelly below me eat 10 eggs daily.
The response might be:
False! Eggs will kill me or,
True! No egg no life!
Then they might state:
The Jelly below me is hopelessly addicted to chocolate.
There are no right or wrong answers, so be as creative as your heart desires.
Thanks to the Mods, we can continue this thread weekly. Happily, this is becoming the Never Ending TJBM Game. Hopefully all most Jellies will join in.

Strauss's avatar

In the last TJBM thread (sorry, can’t link, on my phone) @Espiritus_Corvus posted:

TJBM has seen the Milky Way without light pollution and will tell us where and when

My reply…I have, several times, between 1968 and 1970, while steaming between DaNang, Vietnam (then known as South Vietnam) and Subic Bay in the Philippines.

TJBM is or knows what it means to be a shellback.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Aye, mate. only last yarrrrr ‘twas, I meself earned the right to have the Neptune tat on me chest or arm, which is the civilian sailin’ tradition.

TJBM will tell about the all-kindza-hell his mates put him through when, as a young and tender lad, he crossed the line.

Magical_Muggle's avatar

Both true and false, it’s only true if you change lad to lass. I would always tell!

TJBM Has legitimately considered calling their dog a really punny name

Here2_4's avatar

I suggested to a friend that she name her wiener puppy Oscar Mayer. She decided on Bernie.
TJBM has shot beverage from their nose this year.

Mimishu1995's avatar

I don’t know if you mean it literally or not…
@Yetanotheruser you were in Danang? So that was really how my city looked like? I’m imagining…
TJBM would like to hear more stories of the war from @Yetanotheruser.

Stinley's avatar

Maybe…
TJBM prefers peace to war

Here2_4's avatar

I do, but history is fascinating, and you can’t beat a well told story.

TJBM needs Saturday morning cartoons; it’s an addiction.

MollyMcGuire's avatar

Not at all.

TJBM chews gum about two minutes then discards it and reaches for another piece.

I rarely chew gum but yes, I discard it after the flavor has been chewed out. haha

TJBM has had a cat bring them a big, fat, rodent surprise recently. My cat “Myles” is so proud of himself, the poor Gopher never knew what hit him, his cheeks werestill stuffed full of grass. haha

reijinni's avatar

nope
TJBM is willing to learn Afrikaans.

Strauss's avatar

I would be, given the opportunity and the need.

TJBM is multi-lingual

A tiny smattering of spanish, german and mandarin but no, just enough to get around those countries and find food, bathroom facilities and catch a taxi. lol

TJBM has chewed Betlenut

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Yes. Goa betel nut and leaf, supari. We didn’t know it was bad for you in those days.

TJBM is looking upon the horizon with longing.

Haha..I am looking upon the horizon of a wild storm and debating if I am going to go out into it or post pone my errands for a couple more days. Thing is, I want chinses take out in a bad way for dinner tonight, so I will probably venture out into the great blustery yonder.

TJBM is phoning it in today.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Sheep are sheared, stalls cleaned and the rain is back. Yes, taking it easy this afternoon.
@Coloma Is there any snow in this storm?

@Yetanotheruser By tradition, you get a nautical star for being in one of the world’s navies, one swallow for every 5,000 miles at sea (because swallows always come home), an unfouled anchor for crossing the Pacific, a golden dragon for crossing the International Dateline into Asian waters and Neptune or his trident for crossing the equator. Man, you should be covered with old school tats.

TJBM knows what it means when a sailor wears a black pearl earring in their left earlobe and a gold one in the right.

@Espiritus_Corvus Not right here, yet anyway, but dumping 4–5 feet in the Sierras. Yay!

I looked it up and from what I gather a gold earring was to pay for a burial if one did not survive a shipwreck and the pearl for crossing equator?

TJBM likes historic trivia.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Yeah, and traditions, especially organic traditions like that of merchant and indepent sailors—things that grew out of a culture of commoners naturally rather than an institutional tradition like the Navy or Catholic Church (which is cool, too, but organic is more interesting and harder to track). I was born in the wrong century, for sure.

You’re right, the gold earring was to ensure his shipmates got him properly buried if he was killed in a foreign port. The black pearl signified that he’d survived a shipwreck or sinking.

TJBM has some historic trivia they’d like to share.

Seek's avatar

Always.

Did you know that the Vikings were fastidious about personal hygiene? Women wore tweezers and ear spoons pinned to their dresses as ornaments, and men could be fined for showing up to a Thing (a public meeting) without combing their hair and beard first. They would make soap from horse chestnuts, too.

TJBM has made their own soap before.

No soap but I make lotion bars.

TJBM has a chapped ass.

Here2_4's avatar

No, I haven’t seen Hillary today.
TJBM is late.

SQUEEKY2's avatar

Uh don’t think so, and Mrs Squeeky is right on time.
TJBM likes pick up trucks better than cars.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Those poor horses.

Mimishu1995's avatar

What do you expect when you drive to somewhere, go on a trip or just wander around? A car or a truck?
Well actually I used to go on long trips in a truck, when I was very young. Somehow my dad got that truck for free usage and when we wanted to travel to somewhere, we would ride to the garage, then took the truck. We even went up hills and mountains with it. Imagine a truck going down a tall mountain at night, with no street lamp at all.
TJBM has traveled in an unusual vehicle.

Strauss's avatar

Does a mule-drawn covered wagon count? Some days driving the mules, some days on horseback, round trip from Tucson AZ to Denver Colorado and back, for a total of approximately 1800 miles. The whole trip took about 5 months.

TJBM has had an amazing journey.

SQUEEKY2's avatar

Yeah a couple a million kilometres in a semi does that count?TJBM, wants waffles instead of pancakes.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

That sounds good, but no. This morning it was fish head soup, a baguette with butter, Bustelo Cuban coffee.

TJBM will tell us about the time they went camping on horseback.

Stinley's avatar

No. What happens on camp stays on camp…
TJBM loves musicals

Strauss's avatar

Oh yeah! Actually performed in a few.

TJBM is/has been a performer.

Not professionally but I do like an audience when I launch into my comedienne mode. Maybe one day I will get up on stage at an open mic night somewhere.

TJBM sings in the shower.

MollyMcGuire's avatar

Sure, sometimes

TJBM has had a wild animal stand at their front door. (not your spouse!)

Stinley's avatar

An Ikea horse ornament. Does that count?
TJBM has a favourite TV series to tell us about

MollyMcGuire's avatar

I don’t watch TV but I’m watching House of Cards on Netflix and it’s quite good. I just finished watching the series called The Borgias; it was great and I was sorry they canceled it after three seasons…..very very expensive to make though. I have bought four seasons of Homeland on DVD and look forward to those. I saw the first two on Showtime but haven’t seen it since. By the time I finish season 4 there will probably be season 5 available. I think it’s on now but I don’t have pay TV in my house.

TJBM has a favorite shop to buy meat.

Actually yes, This place. All locally grown, grass fed and free range. www.longhornmeatco.com

TJBM is hungry right now.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Yeah, after that question about the dinner offer, I’m quite famished. Nothing I have in this kitchen will satisfy me now. Shy kinda looks like a cow… maybe if I squint my eyes…

TJBM remembered to tell their mother that they love her.

My mother has been dead for 21 years now, but my daughter told me she loves me yesterday. :-)

TJBM thinks that @Espiritus_Corvus should make a delicious omelet like I am right now. Omelet with diced ham and fresh asparagus. Yummy!

Strauss's avatar

Yes! Crow’s making omelets with the cowgirl! Yay!

TJBM has done something they might consider patriotic recently.

Well…caring for horses is kinda patriotic right? After all, they helped civilize this country and carried many a soldier into battle.

TJBM is not looking forward to springing forward tonight. Bah Humbug, I hate the time chane.

Strauss's avatar

I’ll probably spring forward about 9:00, on the two clocks that don’t do it automatically.

TJBM is using daylight savings time as a reminder to check the battery in their smoke detectors.

SQUEEKY2's avatar

Naw, our alarms are hard wired in.
TJBM, thinks people are just a little to fanatic about Facebook, and texting.

Way too fanatic, I don’t do either.

TJBM has a favorite cup or mug they faithfully drink from.

Soubresaut's avatar

Yes I do! It was a gift from my sister. It’s just a plain white ceramic mug, but it has two indents along the top rim about 1/8” apart from each other, creating a little notch around which I can wrap the strings of my tea bags to secure them :)

TJBM has a favorite tea- or coffee-related ritual

Yes. I set up the coffee pot before bed, get up around 7 a.m. turn on coffee pot, turn up the heat and then go back to bed with my electric blanket until the coffee is brewed and the house is warm. haha

TJBM has a roaring fire going right now.

Mimishu1995's avatar

I only need to pull the gun’s trigger!
But on a serious note…
TJBM know what @Coloma is talking about. I’m sorry @Coloma if what I think is true.

@Mimishu1995 You mean my roaring fire reference? I meant I have a fire burning in the fireplace, the house isn’t burning down, yet anyway. lol

TJBM thinks @Mimishu1995 is cute as a button.

SQUEEKY2's avatar

True, but I aint going to argue with anyone holding a Tommy gun.
TJBM, is hoping for eggs benny tomorrow morning.

OMG! I LOVE Eggs benedict! I had an Omelet today, but man..it’s been forever since I had E.B.

TJBM can do magic tricks.

Strauss's avatar

Yes. I can drive down a street in any town and turn into a parking lot.

TJBM knows more tricks.

My cat will bite me on command when I ask for “bites.” lol

TJBM has a pet that does stupid pet tricks.

Mimishu1995's avatar

My fish can swim to me when they are hungry. Stupid enough?
TJBM wants a pet that can do lots of trick.

ibstubro's avatar

Hmmm. Well, maybe a talented cyber-pet. My last kitty was a 20 pound lovable ball of fur, and I don’t want the heartache of losing another.

TJBM wishes they were falling asleep to the sound of ocean waves.

That would be nice but I will be falling asleep to the sound of rain and frogs. Lots of peepers peeping in the overflowing pond here and they are all around the house too. Surround frog sounds. lol

TJBM will share the nearest historic site in their area.

SQUEEKY2's avatar

Sure why not..http://hatcreekranch.ca
TJBM, is a closet democrat.

Soubresaut's avatar

I guess I am, at least in the eyes of the government. Never got around to registering for a party, but I tend to agree with democratic views.

TJBM has a mild headache.

No, but I have a rib ache. I don’t know what I did but my ribs on the left side have been hurting for a couple weeks now. Mysterious weirdness.

TJBM is prone to mysterious ailments.

SQUEEKY2's avatar

AS I get older yup, like why does this hurt type thing and can’t remember anything that could have caused it.
TJBM has never tried flavoured Beer.

reijinni's avatar

don’t want beer.
TJBM has mooned their TV.

Strauss's avatar

No, my wife talks back to it!

TJBM is busy today.

I’m partial to the Lemon Shandy Shock Top meself.

Not as busy as yesterday. Crazy stormy day and have to go out and do a few chores and a quickie dust and vac job in the house but that is all, then I shall relax.

TJBM HATES the time change, HATES it with a passion! lol

SQUEEKY2's avatar

You got that right,sister.
TJBM thinks all Governments should just abandon daylight savings time and stick with standard time.

Yes, a thousand times YES!

TJBM wants to see this movie when it comes out in a few months.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_38WdArR20

Soubresaut's avatar

It looks intriguing! I hadn’t heard of it until that trailer. Grew up watching Matthew McConaughey! I’m a fan.

TJBM sliced their thumb ever so slightly because they decided to use the largest knife they had to cut up a mango, while holding the mango in their hand, because they thought that was a fine combination… It’s okay, it barely broke the skin. Just bleeding and I can’t find bandages. Cue wads of paper towels! On the plus side, left thumb is literally the one finger I don’t need for keyboard, so I can work unhindered on my final papers.

Alternatively, TJBM is up to something fun!

Seek's avatar

I just did three days of Renaissance Festival and I am all out of fun and spoons, and looking forward to a few days off. I’m soaking my barking dogs in Epsom salts as I speak.

TJBM is a bit sore.

Haha…yes I am, perfect timing for this answer, man, mucking out horse paddocks in bad weather, all the poop is soaked in pissy, watery mud holes, makes every fork full extra heavy with the wet hay and mud mixed in.

TJBM is heading to a hot bath and shower.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Imagine just waking up and heading for a bath… woow…
TJBM is looking at the chatroom.

No, I just got out of the bath. It is almost 7 p,m, here. A before bedtime bath for me.

TJBM would like to know if the Vietnamese have lantern festivals like the Chinese do.

Strauss's avatar

Yes, I would like to know.

TJBM can answer TJAM’s inquiry.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Yes, there is. But it takes place in only one town. That town was one of the oldest towns in Vietnam anyway, and it’s the nearest town to my city.
TJBM would like to visit an exotic festival.

Yes, that one, in Hoi An and I want to have a Moon Cake!

TJBM is staying up too late because they decided to strip their bed and do washing.

Soubresaut's avatar

Well yes I’m staying up late, but because I’m behind on those papers I was writing, haha… did laundry Friday!

TJBM is feeling excessively resentful about the whole lose-an-hour thing

Yes, I ranted a bit above earlier. haha

TJBM is a kid at heart and likes bubbles and play doh.

Soubresaut's avatar

Haha oops, yes you did! XD

Hmm I like to think that I am. Definitely love bubbles and play doh… Only homemade play doh, though. My mom used to make it all the time. Nice big batches in any color(s) we wanted, it smelled so good, and when it was fresh it was so warm… by contrast the store-bought play doh smelled vaguely of plastic, wasn’t edible, was cold, and only came in tiny amounts. I remember one time my sister and I went around the neighborhood asking for some cream of tartar because we had run out. We were little and (naturally) adorable, but cream of tartar isn’t a terribly common spice, so, many of the neighbors told us with forlorn looks that they couldn’t help us; it was okay, they were forlorn.

TJBM has a childhood memory they want to share

Here2_4's avatar

We had an enormous strawberry patch, and grown in thick. I would sit on the path and pick and eat until there was nothing in reach but green ones, scoot three feet down the path, and pick and eat those. When I was stuffed, I would pick some to bring inside to have after dinner with milk poured over them.
TJBM scoots.

Strauss's avatar

I used to. My scooter looked something like this.

TJBM wishes they had an old possession of theirs that would now be considered an antique.

Here2_4's avatar

Cool ride!
I had Avon children’s sets I treasured. It would be cool to have them back.
TJBM is an antique, and more valuable because of their natural patina.

Haha…not yet, but I a collectible these days.

TJBM hates doing paperwork and procrastinates til the 11th hour.

Soubresaut's avatar

Unfortunately, yes… and I get worse every year! D: Now it’s not just the 11th hour, but the 11-and-½th hour

You mean the 11th and a ½ hour? haha

TJBM can’t stand the sound of dogs licking themselves. Gah!

Here2_4's avatar

EW! True, but I am wondering, what would you think if I had said I liked it? ACK!
TJBM hates to shout.

@Here2_4 haha Let’s not go there.

Yes, but I do sometimes, I have to shout ” NO! & WHOA” really loudly to the horses here when they get invade my space.. One gets all pissy and pins her ears and acts dominate, and another likes to grab me by the sweatshirt hood and tug me around, a big no, no! He’s a clown and just being clownish but you can’t let a 1,200 lb. animal get in your personal space.

TJBM has been injured by a horse.

SQUEEKY2's avatar

Yeah but it really wasn’t the horses fault.
TJBM Would rather spend a day in the country rathervthan the city.

Always! That’s why I live in the country, but the hub of a medium size town is just 5 miles down the road.

TJBM needs a rub down.

Strauss's avatar

Are you offering?

TJBM needs a massage.

Magical_Muggle's avatar

I definitely need a massage! Can you give me a voucher?

TJBM Is probably really sick, but they have to keep trooping on…

MollyMcGuire's avatar

No, I feel great!

TJBM likes to watch The Voice

No, I’m not a TV person, I like movies and documentaries and animal videos, that’s about it.

TJBM has come a long way baby.

MollyMcGuire's avatar

You bet I have

TJBM has a mag light.

You have no idea. haha
I have 2 mini-mag lights and a headlamp, I am often out feeding horses after dark and need my hands free to push the hay cart.

TJBM is enjoying a tasty ale before dinner.

ibstubro's avatar

False. I’ve not had a tasty ale in months. The last ale I had a couple weeks ago was untasty.

TJBM is worried that too may Spring things have sprung too early.

reijinni's avatar

not yet
TJBM is dreading the lawn mower

Soubresaut's avatar

Hmm… I don’t have a yard right now, so the closest I can get is vacuuming. But the space I can vacuum is small enough that the vacuuming is still fun by the time I’m at the end, so I can’t say I dread it.

Mowing lawns elicits a very particular memory for me—the time I got the lawn mower stuck above a nest of ground wasps. I shook the mower, thinking I was caught on an ordinary clump of dirt, and then an army of yellow buzzing things started to emerge from beneath the mower like an angry cloud of smoke. I let the mower turn off and I slowly walked towards the house, through the swarm. None of them were stinging me, although several were inadvertently running into me as they flew around. I saw one land near the knuckle of my right thumb, and I raised up my hand just in time to watch the wasp sting me and fly away. It had left a stinger with a pulsing sac (of what I assume was venom) that fascinated me for a few seconds before I realized I should pull it out. The whole scenario was very surreal. Long story short, I walked into the house, let my family know they should help me shut any windows and doors that had been open (angry wasps outside!) and over the next ten minutes was talked into thinking I was experiencing anaphylaxis by a particularly concerned family member and passed out (I definitely wasn’t; but you spend ten minutes with someone saying “are you sure it’s not swelling? Are you sure you aren’t too pale? Are you sure you can breathe? I think I see swelling. Are you sure you can breathe?” and see how well you do…). It was many years before I got to mow the lawn again.

TJBM has a riveting insect-related story.

@Soubresaut You enjoy vacuuming, feel free to come vacuum for me. haha. I don’t mind dishes, laundry etc. but I hate vacuuming.

Yes, a Far Side cartoon insect related story.
About 5 years ago I had a pine bench on my deck with storage under the seat. I had a can of wasp spray stored there. One day I lifted the seat and there was a wasp nest built ON the can of wasp spray and anchored in the corner. I didn’t have the heart to remove it and let the wasps raise their grubby little offspring there. haha

TJBM is eating dinner at 8:09 thanks to the freaking evil time change. great, I get to go to bed in an hour and a half with extra calories just latching onto my hips. lol

Mimishu1995's avatar

<Look out to window> Hey, it isn’t dark yet!
TJBM gets messed up by their time.

Totally! It takes me about a month to adjust. I need my beauty sleep.

TJBM has a favorite piece of artwork they will tell us about.

Stinley's avatar

I have. I bought a print of this when I was a student. Cost me a week’s food budget but I fell in love with it and had to have it. Still got it now in a rather beautiful frame and it is in pride of place in my sitting room

TJBM is feeling bucolic

Strauss's avatar

Especially when I’m in my garden!

TJBM is feeling melancholic.

No, I am feeling exhausted, too tired to feel anything. haha

TJBM needs about 2 weeks of doing nothing.

SQUEEKY2's avatar

Yeah I am on that right now and it feels great.
TJBM wants to go to an outdoor coffee shop today.

No, I want to go back to bed. haha

TJBM is enjoying some sunshine after days of stormy weather.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Storm has passed a long time ago.
TJBM will go to bed again!

Soubresaut's avatar

Can’t! Too much work to do. (Obviously I’m productively working right now on all I have to do, haha.)

TJBM is distractible.

reijinni's avatar

Am I ever.
TJBM likes offshore radio stations.

Strauss's avatar

I can’t really pick any up, being in landlocked Colorado.

TJBM is in a landlocked location.

Seek's avatar

Au contraire, I’m on a peninsula!

TJBM has lived in three or more different time zones.

I have lived in 2 different time zones and traveled in a 3rd.

TJBM likes eanut butter and crackers with dill pickles.

Peanut..damn, I am out of it today.

Strauss's avatar

Only if the eanuts are crunchier than the ickles.

TJBM would like to be tickled with a pickle.

Haha…a sweet pickle yes.

TJBM is made of frogs and snails and puppy dog tails.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Yes I am.

TJBM saw A Million Ways to Die in the West.

reijinni's avatar

nope
TJBM is singing this for Rubio.

ibstubro's avatar

Nah. I’d just fix MarcO some warm milk and pop in a nice bedtime story.

TJBM has a favorite movie that’s older than they are.

Seek's avatar

Oh, hell, most of the great movies happened before I was born.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Mel Brooks’ The History of the World: Part One, Monty Python’s Life of Brian, Meaning of Life, and Holy Grail…

TJBM has a hard time finding a film interesting enough to pay theatre prices to see.

Strauss's avatar

The last time I paid for a movie was with my daughter and a friend. It’d have to be a really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really good movie to pay for it.

Strauss's avatar

TJBM is wondering why I forgot about the “TJBM” part of my post.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

TJBM imagines that TJAM is preoccupied with his latest concerto.

TJBM saw The Book Thief.

Mimishu1995's avatar

I didn’t see anyone steal any book.
TJBM saw the book thief.

Yes, awesome film!

TJBM had a close driving call today. Some pin head pulled out right in front of me, good thing I have lightening quick reflexes..it was close!

MollyMcGuire's avatar

No, nothing like that today.

TJBM has memories of poor parenting by his or her own parents.

Oh yes, but hey, I turned out pretty damn great, thanks to just being me. Nobody gets perfect parents, at least I wasn’t beaten or locked in a closet until I was 14. haha

TJBM forgives their parents for their dysfunctions and shortcomings.

Stinley's avatar

I probably should
tJBM has eccentric taste in clothes

Mimishu1995's avatar

I always want my clothes to be comfortable first. Eccentric enough?
TJBM is still here.

Strauss's avatar

Yep, Still Here.

TJBM is following news other than the US primary election results.

Stinley's avatar

I’m not following the election at all so I guess this is true since I am aware of other news stories.
TJBM is looking forward to Easter chocolate

Strauss's avatar

Chocolate! Chocolate Bunnies! I can’t wait to bite the head off my chocolate bunny!

TJBM thinks chocolate is wonderful.

Yep, pretty wonderful.

TJBM is finally getting a much needed day off.

Stinley's avatar

at the end of the week, yes. Got two weeks off for Easter YAY!
TJBM is a cheesaholic

I am! I special order one favorite from a cheese factory here in CA. It is a Jack cheese with caraway seeds. To die for. Also a cheddar with salami and smoked Gouda and, and, Harvarti and Swiss…oh lovely cheese. haha

TJBM is a foodie.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Hey! I’m alive and I’m not in a smartphone!
Well actually there is a smartphone app called “Foody” for finding restautants and cafe. Too bad it’s in Vietnamese.
TJBM would like to have an app like that.

Strauss's avatar

There is an app like that in English, and it shows restaurants in your area based on your location.

TJBM is cooking for someone.

Seek's avatar

Nope, done for the night. We had pickle-brined chicken breast, wilted kale greens with garlic, and macaroni and cheese.

TJBM is ready for corned beef and cabbage tomorrow, because who cares if it’s a baseless American tradition, it’s friggin’ yummy.

MollyMcGuire's avatar

We eat both cabbage and corned beef regularly in my house, sometimes together but not always. I just bought six big point cut corned been briskets on sale to put in the freezer. In fact, I’m not cooking corned beef tomorrow. :)

TJBM needs to do a home remodeling project.

No, just a new home period. haha
TJBM just gorged on chinese food and now feels like a sloth.

SQUEEKY2's avatar

Uh no, but I still feel like a sloth.
TJBM has an unusual house pet.

MollyMcGuire's avatar

I have no house pet but I did just eat way too much sesame chicken.

TJBM gags when in public and smells a poot.

Well..I might but fortunately that is not en experience I recall in a long long time.

TJBM is a hoarder.

Strauss's avatar

Depends on who you ask…me or the wife.

TJBM knows why corned beef and cabbage is an American Irish tradition.

Mimishu1995's avatar

I don’t even know what it is.
TJBM knows what corned beef and cabbage is.

Strauss's avatar

I like to have it on Saint Patrick’s Day (March 17). It’s a tradition among Americans of Irish descent, although the dish is actually more Jewish than Irish.

TJBM has a not-too-well known fact they will share with us.

Magical_Muggle's avatar

Oh goodness, umm… Would the fact that I am the only left handed person in my whole entire family count? this includes my grandparents, parents, cousins, aunts, uncles, people who married into the family, siblings

TJBM would pay for and eat a giant version of their favourite food if it was offered to them. Like a GIANT version

Stinley's avatar

No! Too much is a bad thing. it would put me off my favourite food
TJBM will tell us their fav dish

ibstubro's avatar

Off the top of my head I’m going to say Seafood Alfredo.
But if there’s any Krabb Meate in there, the deal’s off!

TJBM has an annoying pain just now.

Strauss's avatar

Yes. In addition to my usual aches and pains associated with age, I have been experiencing an unknown pain in the middle toe of my left foot. I think I may have stubbed it the other day on a folding chair.

TJBM is celebrating St. Patrick’s day today.

Seek's avatar

My Irish-American self will be taking advantage of a sale on Jameson whiskey, and eating Irish-Jewish-American food. But since I’m neither Catholic nor in a Sorority, that’s about the extent of my celebrating.

TJBM really enjoys cabbage.

Strauss's avatar

All kinds. Boiled, in a stir-fry, chopped fresh (cole slaw).

TJBM likes corned beef.

Stinley's avatar

No! Yuck. Keep that filth away from me
TJBM likes gourmet food

Mimishu1995's avatar

Whoever feeds me is fine!
TJBM eats a lot.

Here2_4's avatar

No, but sometimes I get cravings out of control.
TJBM is a rule breaker.

SQUEEKY2's avatar

I can be, if the rules make no sense whatsoever .
TJBM has to have at least 2 cups of coffee every morning.

Stinley's avatar

I would but I get heart palpitations. I should cut out all coffee. But I enjoy the coffee and live with the palpitations
TJBM has an annoying but non-serious health complaint

Here2_4's avatar

Arthritis.
TJBM is subject to someone’s immaturity right now.

Seek's avatar

You have no idea. I’ve been hailed as Hitler, called a teenager, and had a grown woman threaten to jump out of a moving vehicle because I told her to take her medicine before making coffee in the morning.

TJBM has had a difficult live-in relative.

Not a relative but my house mate can be difficult, another grown women that is prone to childish emotional snits, a total drama queen at times. Gah, I hate drama queen women. haha

TJBM bought something new lately.

Stinley's avatar

I bought some clothes for some Malawian orphans. Daughter of a colleague spent a year working in an orphanage and we sent Christmas presents last year. She is going back out at Easter to visit and take lots of stuff for them. They have so little and are so overjoyed at what riches we can give them. Very humbling

TJBM will say what makes them humble

Mimishu1995's avatar

The thought that I will never rule the world.
TJBM has their own standards.

I do, I just smile and do my own thing. haha

TJBM is enjoying a warm spring evening.

Strauss's avatar

No, quite the opposite. We had a few inches of snow this evening, and it stuck.

TJBM likes late season weather events.

Soubresaut's avatar

Quite a bit! Especially if that event is rain…. less so if that event is wind. It was so windy a couple of nights ago here, and somehow the wind figured out how to use whatever harmonics exist in my window to make a shrill whistle sound. So at 3:30 AM I am bolt upright, adrenaline coursing, because in my sleep I heard what sounded like a scream right by my head—but it was the window. The window was closed. I guessed it might not have been closed all they way, so I slammed it shut. A few minutes later, just as I am drifting back to sleep, the window is shrieking again and I bolt upright again. I tried to open the window, and my blinds went haywire in the gusts. I closed it, closed my eyes, and a few minutes later it’s shrieking. This goes on until 5:30, when I finally find the precise amount of window-open that it doesn’t shriek and the blinds don’t shake (there was a low, constant hum, like if someone used a beer bottle for a whistle, but at least that was steady and I could fall asleep.) I’m not sure if the wind is late-season or not, i just wanted to gripe. I slept from 12:30–3:30, then was in a weird semi-sleep state fighting the wind from 3:30–5:30, and had to get up at 7:30 that morning. Rawr.

TJBM has another late night ahead of them

I’m house and dog and horse sitting so must go to bed soon, hungry horses get mad if breakfast is late and let you know it, kicking their stalls. I’ve got a cart load of hay to serve up for 10 at 7 a.m.

TJBM likes grasshoppers.

Strauss's avatar

Deep fried, or chocolate-dipped?

TJBM prefers chocolate-dipped (anything) over deep fried.

Mmmm…. maybe, I’m not much a deep fried type but I could OD on onion rings. haha

TJBM has a huge bath tub.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Give me some money for that :D
TJBM is generous with their money.

Yes, but I don’t have much these days. It was nice while it lasted.

TJBM has inhaled helium to talk funny.

Magical_Muggle's avatar

Of course I have! Who hasn’t?

TJBM has had to walk home/stand in the rain because public transport is unreliable (bloody public transport)

No, I live in the country but I have to go out and feed horses in the rain and am covered in wet hay flakes stuck to my rain jacket. haha

TJBM must go to bed now.

ibstubro's avatar

Shoot, no. I just got done with my morning shower!

TJBM has an advertising jingle skipping around in their head.

No, just the sound of my dog charges romping around playing where I am house sitting and the birds singing.

TJBM is a book collector.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Yeah, but not in a way you know it. Most of my books are in digital form because, you know, financial problems. I realize that some of my books are very obscure and can be a valuable collector’s items!
TJBM is a rare item collector.

No, more of a eclectic collector of all sorts of offbeat artsy things.

TJBM walks like an Egyptian.

Here2_4's avatar

Sometimes.
TJBM kisses like French.

ibstubro's avatar

Not exclusively, no.

TJBM is listening to the radio.

SQUEEKY2's avatar

Uh no.
TJBM likes to put things off.

Only paperwork. I have a giant packet to fill out for some medical tests next week. Gah, I’ll wait til the night before. haha

TJBM brakes for ducks.

Mimishu1995's avatar

YESSSSSSSS!.
TJBM wonders how @Coloma drew the duck.

I didn’t, found it online.

TJBM is having an extremely, last minute, crazy unfolding right now that is altering their plans.

reijinni's avatar

hope not
TJBM is seeing quite a few ladybugs.

Here2_4's avatar

No. None at all. I am having some snow.
TJBM is experiencing bizarre weather which is completely different from towns just minutes away.

No, beautiful day but T-storms coming tomorrow.

TJBM is enjoying a little….

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOe146wpTOA

ibstubro's avatar

Gack! No. No thank you. No red wine; no UB40; no 80’s music.

We had snowballs today, @Here2_4. Like soft hail. WTH?

TJBM is wondering how high gas will get this year.

No. It;s only $2.69 at my local fill, I am happy with that and what comes again may come.

TJBM is trying to decide what’s for dinner.

reijinni's avatar

already had mine: fish and fries
TJBM wants to play square off.

Here2_4's avatar

Mmmmm… no.
TJBM is expanding their family.

Hell no. No more kids, mates, pets. lol

TJBE is heading outdsde to button up their daily chores.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Yeah, I’m going to grandma!
TJBM hopes they won’t miss the chatroom party today.

Here2_4's avatar

!.!.!.!.! Tonight? When?
TJBM likes Brookie.

Mimishu1995's avatar

@Here2_4 I don’t know. Will we have a chatroom party again? I’m waiting…
What is Brookie?
TJBM likes things they don’t know.

I do. I love to learn new things. @Mimishu1995 You;re up extra early today! I lalways hate missing you when I go to bed.

TJBM is having late dinner.

Strauss's avatar

Just had a good dinner! Andouille sausage with rice pilaf and a chopped salad.

TJBM is thinking about breakfast tomorrow.

Here2_4's avatar

No. I am enjoying my Brookie tonight. @Mimishu1995 , a Brookie is a fast food desert. It is a giant chocolate chip cookie, topped with brownie, baked together, and cut in pieces like a pie. Yum!
TJBM likes M&Ms better than Skittles.

For sure.

TJBM has an electric blanket.

SQUEEKY2's avatar

Mrs Squeeky does.
TJBM makes their own wine.

No, but I have made my own beer. I am a hops traitor in the land of grapes.

TJBM likes Italian dressing better than Ranch.

Strauss's avatar

Definitely. Ranch is OK for a dip or a condiment, but Italian is good, a nice vinaigrette is even better for most salads.

TJBM likes or has liked their salad plain with no dressing.

Magical_Muggle's avatar

I have liked it on occasion, but what is a salad without a dressing?

TJBM Is a bit hungry.

Soubresaut's avatar

On the contrary, I ate too much today! Still feeling quite full… But, I just got my projects done, so I am looking forward to my free time tomorrow!

TJBM is looking forward to going on a run tomorrow, and hopes lovely soft fog will dress the sky again, because this morning was so beautiful!

Mimishu1995's avatar

I just hope I have more time to sleep tomorrow :p
TJBM is lazy.

reijinni's avatar

always
TJBM would toss Skittles, M&M’s and Reese’s Pieces into the same dessert / bowl.

Probably not, I guess I am a candiest, keep the fruits separate from the chocolates. haha

TJBM wants to go out for breakfast but doesn’t want to get dressed yet.

Strauss's avatar

We just had scratch pancakes with bacon and eggs. No need to get dressed, PJ day.

TJBM is having a PJ day.

SQUEEKY2's avatar

Well I am still in them, does that count?
TJBM is enjoying a lazy day.

Stinley's avatar

No! I’ve mowed half an acre of long grass with a push mower. I’m exhausted!
TJBM enjoys cutting the grass

MollyMcGuire's avatar

I like to cut grass but that’s the only yard work I’ll do.

TJBM likes to play in the dirt.

reijinni's avatar

nope, I put it off as long as I can.
TJBM is tired.

Yes. Had some wine last night and stayed up late, ran a frew errands before 11 a.m. and now I am relaxing on the couch with a blanket and waiting for some T-storms to roll in.

TJBM likes chocolate chip ice cream.

ibstubro's avatar

I do, but mint chip is even better. Nice to have a couple bites after a big meal.

TJBM has a remarkable house plant.

Strauss's avatar

Yes. It’s about 10 years old, and it was bought from a local school. I guess it was some sort of class project, and my kids decided I should buy it for Mother’s Day in ‘06.

TJBM has a gift (or has given a gift) that has outlived its projected life.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

^^TJBM? C’mon Strauss, it’s not even that late. Ask me about my 2 new trees.

Strauss's avatar

Caught me in edit, Crow. C’mon, I almost burned the calzones!

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Yeah. My little brother needed a car once and rather trading in my totally junked 1980 Toyota Tercel, I gave it to him. That was around 1992. He fixed it up nice and shiny and just handed over to his 16 year old grandson. I thought it was dead long ago.

TJBM did not burn the Calzones.

Mimishu1995's avatar

What is that? Some kind of gas tank?
Speaking of gas, there was a terrible explosion in Hanoi a few days ago. It is speculated that some people got a giant gas tank explose while sawing it. The tank killed almost everyone in the house and around the place, and the area looked like something from the war.
TJBM still follows the news.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Truthfully, not that much. The Caribbean is small and not a huge world player and the island I live on doesn’t generate much news beyond public service announcements. American news; loud, bombastic, and unending as it is, isn’t really relevant here. If something significant happens, I usually hear about it here first. No kidding.

@Mimishu: The ultimate gastric effect can be something like a “gas tank”, but a Calzone is simply a pizza folded in half upon itself in the shape of a half-moon. It can be eaten like a sandwich that way.

Sorry to hear what happened in Hanoi. Always assume that there are residual fumes in any container that once carried fuel. A lot of people don’t realize that.

TJBM knows whether or not Frankincense is a plant or mineral.

Here2_4's avatar

No. Rubber is not friendly to me.
TJBM can fly.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

No, not licensed anyway. Parasailing and hanggliding ages ago.

TJBM knows First Aid, or what to do when people are injured or have a heart attack.

Strauss's avatar

EMT-A here, although no certification since the seventies, I still remember CPR, and used to sell (and train) AED’s.

TJBM was once certified.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

RN-ALS-CEN and International Red Cross Disaster Level IV certs.for about 22 yrs. Let everything go in 2013. I’m just not sharp enough anymore. It was interesting work, though, wasn’t it, Strauss?

TJBM likes the idea of raising stingless bee hives for fun, sustainability and maybe a little profit.

Mimishu1995's avatar

It’s like raising another pool of fish. It sounds good but these days I’d rather have a pet that is loyal.
@Espiritus_Corvus yeah, it’s common sense to me that gas tanks are protentially dangerous, but there are some people in Vietnam who collect gas tanks and saw them for metal. Either they are ignorant or too desperate or both. Things like that happens sometimes so I’m sad but not so surprised.
TJBM raises pets for profit.

Strauss's avatar

If I raised pets for profit, I’d consider them livestock, not pets.

TJBM raises livestock for profit.

reijinni's avatar

used to.
TJBM likes watching old newscasts

Stinley's avatar

I don’t think I ever have and I probably wouldn’t given the opportunity
TJBM avoids the TV news

Like the plague. I’ve been 99.9% checked out of media since 2001 after 9–11.

TJBM wants 2 scoops of raisins in their raisin bran.

SQUEEKY2's avatar

Damn right I do.
TJBM wonders why all the fuss about the envronment when we live in a throw it away and get a new one ,type society.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Pretty much the exact opposite of that. Most manufactured goods are imported here and carry heavy duties/tarriffs. Everything is re-purposed and sustainable by design, out of necessity. It’s a good way to live.

TJBM can’t remember the last time they heard Motown music.

Mimishu1995's avatar

I can’t remember hearing it at all.
TJBM has an unusual breakfast.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Probably unusual for many here: A big bowl of clear, mildly spicy, fish head, rice and leek soup with a little bread and butter. It’s a delicious island thing here and makes you feel like superman. No need for coffee.

TJBM want to tell us the loyal type of pet she’d like.

I already have one, my almost 18 yr. old goose. Marwyn is most devoted, follows me everywhere and worships she you breaks bread with him. lol

TJBM likes vintage TV westerns like Bonanza.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

I love the cheeziness yes, and the nostalgia. But I really like some of the old westerns, or films that were filmed in identifiable places in the west—especially if they are in old Technicolor®. Last night I found an excellent copy of Bad Day at Black Rock (1955) with Spencer Tracy, Robert Ryan and Dean Jagger (the last two actors highly underrated). It was filmed down in Lone Pine just on the other side of the Sierras.

TJBM likes movies in Technicolor

Yes, and old western movies too. I’ll have to find Bad day at black rock.

TJBM is home alone.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Kind of. Sam and Dave are at my feet as usual and Maggie is up in her place on the bookshelf glowering down upon the stinking animals she is forced to share her domain with.

TJBM wants to divulge her current favorite old Western.

ibstubro's avatar

Her, schmer.
Blazing Saddles

TJBM always wanted to try smoking a pipe.

Only if it is of the herbal essence but I prefer my brownies you know. lol

@Espiritus Corvus My favorite western is “Tombstone” Skin that smoke wagon” haha

TJNE just had some amazing fire roasted salsa and chips.

Seek's avatar

Um… I had half a bottle of cheap red wine.

TJBM is a little buzzed.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Buzzy…
TJBM loves making up words.

MollyMcGuire's avatar

I wouldn’t say love.

TJBM no longer listens to NPR.

Strauss's avatar

The wife has it on for her morning prep. I usually don’t listen, though.

TJBM will share an old habit they have broken.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Smoking cigarettes for 23 years. Quit in 1992.

TJBM has a favorite gemstone.

Here2_4's avatar

No. I love gemstones. They are sparkly, and pretty. Price tag means little to me.
TJBM likes to leave scratches with their jewels.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Like rubbing my neck on someone’s skin?
TJBM is keen on jewels.

ibstubro's avatar

Yup. My family jewels have often been achingly important to me.

TJBM would chew a garden slug to save a kitten.

reijinni's avatar

nope
TJBM wants to be in a plane with James May. Him flying, of course

I don’t want to be on a plane anywhere today, especially not to Europe.

TJBM still had some years left on a passport.

Seek's avatar

About one year, actually. I never updated mine to my married name, but I bought it for our honeymoon. Our ninth anniversary will be in July, so I know it’s about a year from expired.

Probably time to re-up, change the name, and get Ian one so we can all bugger off to Canada or Ireland or something.

TJBM has a few stamps on their passport.

Stinley's avatar

Not a single one. I’ve only been in Europe these last 9 years. Mine is up next year too
TJBM uses their passport a lot

Not anymore, I am too broke to travel these days. haha

TJBM wonders if more terror attacks are going to happen today, either in Europe or the U.S.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Hope not. I’m monitoring the news sites.

TJBM has recently had an unusually good experience with customer service.

I did. Well, I was sort of the customer service provider, and I made a new friend that could prove useful in my new job.

TJBM has been sweating and worrying that I, @Dutchess_III wouldn’t be able to find TJBM 67.

SQUEEKY2's avatar

Yeah couldn’t sleep at night, but now your here so thanks.
TJBM likes working alone.

ibstubro's avatar

I do! Set me a task/goal and get the hell out of my way!

TJBM loves oysters.

Yes – - – steamed oysters, oyster stew, oysters Rockefeller, fire roasted oysters, fried oysters and raw. Did I say I love oysters?

TJBM has a favorite seafood.

Lobster, but of course! Crab cakes are right up there too.

TJBM is a chips and salsa addict.

Strauss's avatar

Salsa is alright with chips, but I prefer a queso or bean dip.

TJBM likes chili con

Mimishu1995's avatar

I prefer sweet con.
TJBM likes sweet con.

Here2_4's avatar

I don’t know any sweet cons.
TJBM has been to prison.

Never and have no plans to go. lpl

TJBM has a nice fire going on a chilly night.

Strauss's avatar

No fire tonight. Cool weather TJAM is experiencing will hit as a blizzard here and on the plains east of me tomorrow.

TJBM is bracing for a spring snowstorm.

Stinley's avatar

Spring rain but not snow
TJBM likes the Spring season best

Mimishu1995's avatar

No, I like summer because, you know, summer holiday!
TJBM likes hot weather.

ibstubro's avatar

In my perfect world the temperature would stay between above 60 and below 80 46 weeks of the year. 1 week of bitter cold and snow, one week of blistering heat, and a transition week on each side.

TJBM would like to live in a SIMS environment.

Strauss's avatar

I’m very happy in my own personal reality, even though it involves the occasional March snow day

TJBM likes an occasional snow day.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

I’d like to be able to fly up to a nice, rustic, post-and-beam cabin-lodge with high ceilings in the Canadian Rockies for Christmas week every year. Bring a few friends, brandy by the fire in big over-stuffed leather chairs. That would be my snow day and a nice break from this tropical Christmas. But, alas, one can’t have everything.

TJBM has a favorite place to spend Christmas.

Strauss's avatar

Anywhere I’m surrounded by family.

TJBM is fond of family memories.

I only have one, my daughter. I was an only child born late in life to a tribe of ancient ones that have all departed now. A long line of only children.

TJBM is an only child.

reijinni's avatar

fortunately no. Don’t like them at times, but that’s less work for me to do,
TJBM hates their siblings.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

No. There are a couple I don’t agree with. I find their value system disagreeable, but I don’t hate them. Much.

TJBM finds some things about one of their family members downright embarrassing.

Strauss's avatar

Yeah, but it’s too embarrassing to share.

TJBM would like to share something about their family.

MollyMcGuire's avatar

We’re all nuts, but that works well for us. :)

TJBM has, at some point in life, had an address on a dirt road.

Seek's avatar

Yep. Limestone, specifically. Oh, the dust clouds when people would speed down that road. It was terribad.

TJBM knows how to drive in the snow.

MollyMcGuire's avatar

I’m no expert but if there are no hills and I’m the first one out in the mornings it’s not bad. Problem happens when snow starts to melt and it get nasty slushy slippery. Then that freezes hard overnight. Then I stay home; I don’t go out in that. I will go out and walk, but not drive. It isn’t worth the risk to me. Right now at my house it’s 86. I don’t have to even think about snow anymore, or at least, for the time being.

MollyMcGuire's avatar

OOPS

TJBM has done this too

Strauss's avatar

Many times…Some say it’s my age, but I was absent-minded when I was younger…

TJBM is absent-minded.

MollyMcGuire's avatar

No, I’m not quite to absent minded…..........yet. I’m starting to forget where I’ve put things though. That’s a little frustrating. It’s a new house though and thing haven’t been where they are for very long. It’ll all buff.

TJBM uses a Post Office Box rather than home mail delivery.

Stinley's avatar

I get parcels delivered to my work. Does that count?
TJBM buys a lot online

Here2_4's avatar

I do.
TJBM is hankering for a stupid snack.

Jello. Which I screwed up making.

TJBM screws up making jello.

Not so far, maybe one day when I have dementia. lol

TJBM doesn’t know how to boil water.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Not only do I know how, I know that it takes you mountain people longer to do it.

TJBM is slow to come to a boil, but watch out when you do.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Like human meat can boil! But actually that time will come soon. Summer is coming anyway.
TJBM suffers from boilied skin.

Strauss's avatar

My skin was never “boilied”, as you say, although it might have seemed to be if you’d seen me in my acne’d teens.

TJBM has been enjoying weather extremes of late.

SQUEEKY2's avatar

Yeah fer sure just love this early mild spring.
TJBM has anger issues.

reijinni's avatar

somewhat controlled
TJBM might have questions about their health plan.

Hah! No questions but have had all sorts of medical stuff this week and the short story is, I’m fine, Had to deal with a lot of pricks though. lol

TJBM takes blood pressure pills.

reijinni's avatar

Do now.
TJBM has to go to a higher priced plan just to get a certain doctor.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

I have no plan at all. If I need something, I pay cash. But I’m lucky, the services are good here and much cheaper than the states. If something really big and expensive comes up, the plan is to go to Cuba where I’m covered by a mandatory $75 policy upon entry. I have no other alternative that I can afford while living off-shore.

TJBM has a mini agricultural project going on.

Seek's avatar

Well, I have aloe plants growing just outside my front door. I pour my coffee grounds on them every morning. The parent plant has just started to flower.

TJBM wonders whether the aloe serum in the plants would contain caffeine after such long-term exposure to coffee.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Good Question. The caffeine must be able to travel from the roots to the leaf without being affected by a metabolization process, in other words, little or zero plant bio-availability. I have no idea. But let’s be scientific about this. I’ll bet that it doesn’t, which automatically means that it does because I haven’t won a bet in half a century. (The odds get even better that it does the more money I bet you that it doesn’t. Five bucks usually cinches the deal).

TJBM knows right where to go on the net to get this information on the caffeine uptake of aloe vera.

1–800 Poison control? haha

YJBM floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee.

Strauss's avatar

No but I remember.

TJBM remembers.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Yeah, me too.

TJBM thinks that meta questions concerning Fluther closing down are baseless and annoying.

Mimishu1995's avatar

True that. What’s the ponit of asking anyway? Are they wishing Fluther to close down?
TJBM ignores stupidity.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

I try to. I honestly do. But sometimes I just can’t let it stand without critique, especially if the idea is really bad and in risk of entering the realm of “conventional wisdom”. An example of this is all the latest hand-wringing over “Cultural Appropriation”. How fucking ridiculous. My answer to that is:

Play that funky music white boy
Play that funky music right
Play that funky music white boy
Lay down the boogie
and play that funky music till you die
Till you die, ya
Till you die

Otherwise, we can all just go home.

TJBM agrees.

Here2_4's avatar

I do.
TJBM should eat breakfast more often.

I should. I usually don’t eat until about 11 a.m., have coffee, drink water, do the morning chores and finally eat something.

TJBM will tell us what the decorating style of their house is.

Strauss's avatar

Eclectic, with generations of family photos on the walls.

TJBM has lots of family photos.

Yes, but not on the walls, in albums and on my computer. I prefer artwork to photos.

TJBM is enjoying a beeeeeautiful morning!
It is SO green and lush out with temps in the 60’s, birds singing, animals frolicking, just perfect.

Strauss's avatar

It’s a beautiful day, but we’re experiencing our second snow day in a row! I’m taking a break from shoveling 14” we got in the past 36 hours.

TJBM likes spring snow days

Here2_4's avatar

Ick! In the past 72 hours we’ve had rain, snow, lightning, sixty degrees, twenty degrees, wind and extreme weather advisories. I feel like a roulette ball.
TJBM has to keep pulling up their socks today.

Haha, no, my socks are secure.

TJBM keeps chickens for their eggs.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Yes I do. Like TJAM, I have a surplus of eggs, but I’m able to trade the surplus eggs and some fresh fruit for the labor of the fruit stand lady’s teenagers—plus a little pocket money to the teens (this is between me and the kids—they act less like slave labor now). Otherwise, I’d never get a day off around here. Just put in some earthworm beds to increase the protein intake of these free-rangers and the shells are much stronger.

TJBM noticed a beautiful moon with Venus dancing circles around it all week long.

Yes, it has been so bright my bedroom is glowing through my gold curtians. :-)
@Espiritus_Corvus Can you get crushed oyster shell in your zone, or shells you can crush for the extra calcium for your hens?

TJBM would like to know about the different species of wildlife on @Espiritus Corvus’s island digs.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

@Coloma: Yes. Being close to the shore, there is no calcium deficiency even at 1,000ft.

“Over thirty species of birds can be found on St. Lucia, including five endemic species: the Saint Lucia Parrot, Saint Lucia Black Finch, Saint Lucia Oriole, Saint Lucia Pewee and Saint Lucia Warbler.”

One of my favorites: The Purple Throated Carib (1) and (2), an excellent pollinator.

St. Lucian Parrot. Here is an adolescent, a pretty boy and two adults in flight. They are big, loud, aggressive and can break big, thick-shelled clams open with those beaks. This specific Genus are only found on this island.

The island is known for it’s birdlife, among other natural gifts, and is rapidly becoming an ecotourist destination. I’ll post more on this string throughout the day.

TJBM knows how I can find out if Melapona beekeeping is allowed in the U.S. without having to call the USDA long distance and waiting forever for someone to answer the phone.

@Espiritus_Corvus Oooh, I love those birds, I am so jealous you get to see those rare beauties every day!

I just did a quick search and apparently no, they are not allowed to be imported, due to parasites and other foreign bacterias/viruses. There are probably some being studied somewhere like at a university but not legal for bee keepers to import.I had no idea that the stingless bees have more than 40 different species than honey bees. It seems they should be seriously considered as an alternative to the failing honey bee.

TJBM loves to learn new things about nature and wild life.

Strauss's avatar

I love it! Getting an education just the last five posts. I could have chickens here, if my wife didn’t object.

TJBM would have/do something if it were not for the wishes/concerns of their SO.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

It used to be like that. She had a thing about naps. Let me preface this by stating that she was Swedish and had this extremely strong work ethic. She wouldn’t let me take naps in the afternoon. Only old people and ne’er-do-wells took naps in the afternoon. She was pretty sane about everything else, though. A very nice person. I take naps regularly now and I’m a much nicer person at dinner because of it.

Here is a little sweetheart. It’s called a Tody, an immigrant from Cuba, but a St. Lucia resident now.

East Caribbean Macaw

TJBM loves naps in the afternoon.

Stinley's avatar

I’m not a good sleeper so never nap
TJBM suffers from allergies

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Unrelated thank you note:

@Coloma: Thank you for finding that! Well, that kills my vanilla plantation idea. You need the Melipona to polinate vanilla. They are very nice little bees with a longer proboscis that can reach the pollen in the vanilla orchid. Otherwise it becomes a very work-intensive operation done by laborers with tiny twigs. I ran across these bees in the Yucatan. Their honey is amazing. Keeping Meliponas for honey is a very lucrative thing for Yucatan women to do. In a place with strict gender roles, this is a godsend for women. Goes back the Mayans. Oh, well. On to the next thing.

Strauss's avatar

@Espiritus_Corvus Nice!

(Moving along…)

I’ve never had any major problems with allergies, except for the one time I was working in a paint manufacturing facility. I was exposed to some fumes when we were mixing a batch of epoxy paint. My face was swollen up like a beach ball, and I could not work there anymore.

TJBM had to leave a job due to circumstances beyond their control.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Living like I do, one gets used to having the sword of Damocles hovering over one’s head. There are no immediate threats of displacement, but someday the owner will either want to retire here, or sell, so it is always best to have something on the coals.

TJBM read recently that a huge black hole, 26 million light years away from us, belched a bunch of gas.

No, but I love the science of them, mind boggling physics, often beyond my comprehension. haha

TJBM will help me get over my fear of starting a damn blood pressure med. I hate pills and the possible side effects are freaking me out. Fatigue, dizziness, water retention, swollen eyes, blurred vision, hair loss, anxiety, lung issues, coughing, nightmares…WTF! I can’t bring myself to the guinea pig moment.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Sounds like an alpha blocker. PM me with the name of the Rx.

TJBM is amazed that they have gone so long without being put on some kind of regular med regime.

Seek's avatar

I should almost certainly be on some kind of anti-anxiety medication. I’m too anxious to make an appointment and find out.

TJBM prefers “herbal” anti-anxiety medicine.

reijinni's avatar

not really
TJBM will miss him.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Yes. It just came across my feed. Big surprise. I’ll miss him.

TJBM will miss Gary Shandling, too.

Yes, I am shocked, looks like a sudden heart attack. Maybe he forgot to take his BP meds. Heh!

TJBM can;t wait for watermelon season to arrive.

Strauss's avatar

Yes, it’ll put a smile on my face in the shape of a watermelon slice.

Mimishu1995's avatar

TJBN keeps forgetting.

Strauss's avatar

Oh! Oops!!

TJBM is tolerant of brain farts.

This has happened to me so often I should execute a self-imposed ban from this thread for two weeks one week one day ten minutes.

Tolerant for only ten minutes…

TJBM has a vacation planned in the next month.

No, but I’m kinda on vacation now, house sitting is like a vacation.

TJBM is fence sitting on something.

Stinley's avatar

I’m always on the fence. I can’t help seeing everything from both sides of the story
TJBM has an endearing personality trait

Mimishu1995's avatar

Am I endearing to you? :)
TJBM is concerned about others.

reijinni's avatar

only when convenient.
TJBM is staying home this sunday.

Strauss's avatar

Probably having family/friends over for dinner.

TJBM is a morning person.

Here2_4's avatar

I was born at 6:30 AM. That was the only time I was ever a morning person.
TJBM has something pressing to get done today.

Stinley's avatar

The ironing. Geddit? Pressing? Ironing? I don’t iron though.
TJBM will move swiftly on

I’v ebeen moving swiftly for the last 5 hours or so, now I am relxing for a bit before the next round of action. lol

TJBM is behind on their sleep ever since the time change a few weeks ago.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Nope. The animals don’t have clocks. No matter what foolishness humans do, they still sleep and eat at the same time. Thus, nothing has changed here except now New York Time is the same as Atlantic Time, because they leapt forward and we just keep chugging along like sane people.

TJBM knows the key of Rachmaninoff’s Symphony No. 1

I don’t.

@Espiritus_Corvus Exactly, I can’t seem to get to bed before 11:30 and the animals are calling at 7:30. haha

TJBM has a crazed feral cat on the prowl in their zone. Damn feral cat jumped my mild mannered pussy Myles this morning, ambushed him out of nowhere, he’s okay but has PTSD now. haha

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

No, but we do get a feral dog(s) every once in awhile. Usually, they are some dog that was left behind when some foreign resident folds up shop and goes home. Bastards. They can go through a sheep herd like a chainsaw. The ranger has to come and shoot the poor bastard. One chewed up Sam awhile back. Sam doesn’t like going to the vet anymore.

TJBM is walking a fine line.

Yes I am. A fine line between the edge of a small cliff here and the pond drain. I had to hike down the cliff and jam a pvc pipe into the pond drain because it was clogged, almost fell down the broke my crown. lol

TJBM is a Jack or Jill of all trades type.

Seek's avatar

And a Mistress of Nothing in Particular. I do seem to have a lot of tools, though.

TJBM wonders whether the kipple in their shed is actually breeding.

Here2_4's avatar

No shed. I am teetering between using the space for that, or a chicken coop. I would REALLY like fresh eggs without having to drive out to the edge of the county. Also, they keep many of the bugs cleared off the garden. I am thinking two hens and a cock. I would like to get one that lays the little blue eggs.
TJBM has eaten more than two kinds of eggs. (Not counting caviar)

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Yes. They have yard fowl here. That can be anything with feathers, basically. The most popular look like regular chickens with long feathers on their heads. I don’t know what they’re called. They run around free in the villages. By a agreement, each family’s chickens have a certain amount of feathers sticking up. The Dupuis’ chickens all have one feather, all the Legarde’s chickens have two feathers, and so on. There are brown ones, dappled ones, black and white houndstooth ones, reds, but not many pure white. With ramdom procreation, I think that is impossible.

But I’ve eaten a lot of different kind of eggs. Wild plover, guinea hen, pidgeon, duck, geese. They eat a lot of game in Sweden. There was one, it was small and bright orange and had a bunch of spikes on it. They sometimes have a gamey flavour to them. There is a reason why the world has domesticated the type of fowl that they have.

These people here are just now learning not to harvest Leatherback and Loggerhead turtle eggs, a tradition here. I’ve been invited to eat them out of kindness and hospitality, and I am incredibly curious, but I’ve always found a way out of it. Just can’t do it. These animals have to hard a time surviving long enough to procreate without another predator after their eggs.

TJBM has had plover eggs.

I missed that one.

TJBM has watched Tennessee Whiskey being made in Tennessee !

Mimishu1995's avatar

What Tennessee? When they come here, whiskeys are whiskeys, nobody needs to know thr origin.
TJBM is an alcoholist.

Seek's avatar

Well, I’ve participated in the brewing of mead, I enjoy a tipple (in fact I’m enjoying a bit of wine right now), but I am not, in fact, an alcoholic. I come from a very long line of dedicated Irish alcoholics. It’s a conscious decision of mine to be able to enjoy the responsible consumption of adult beverages without it causing harm to myself or my family. Fortunately, while I do have the gene that contributes to alcoholic tendencies, I don’t have an addictive personality.

If I did, I wouldn’t find it so hard to form positive habits, either.

TJBM always remembers to take their vitamins.

No, I am terrible at taking them for weeks and weeks then fall off the vitamin wagon like I have now the few weeks.

TJBM is whopped today.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Vas ist das “vopped”? Meine kleine Frau, ein rrrrrichtiger Mann ist nie ” Vopped ” .

TJBM is going to dig the silver moon tonight.

ibstubro's avatar

Gotta love it!

TJBM is making a favorite recipe for Easter.

Nope, but I have the easter eggs and hens and ducks and geese. haha

TJBM knows that it costs almost $100.00 to priority mail overnight a 1 lb. package on the weekends.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

No I didn’t! That is crazy!

thanks, @ibstubro, that was nice.

TJBM remembers a 10 cent cup of coffee with unlimited refills.

Strauss's avatar

Yep. And a bottle of Coke for a dime, which included the two cents deposit

TJBM almost forgot.

Never forget.

TJBM likes mint jelly or mint sauce with lamb.

No and no.

TJBM just had a wonderful soak in some epsom salts and feels like their bones have melted. haha

Mimishu1995's avatar

It isn’t time for bath yet.
TJBM loves talking about food.

SQUEEKY2's avatar

Yeah,but like eating it better.
TJBM is a cat person.

Yes, 100%. I love my pussy cats.

TJBe will say “Goodnight Coloma” zzzzzzz

Stinley's avatar

Good night and good morning to my fellow Europeans
TJBM is ready to face the day

Mimishu1995's avatar

I’ve been facing it for 10 hours now.
TJBM is ready to face the night.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

I did and slept very well.

TJBM has things to do, people to see, places to go.

Seek's avatar

Yes! Today will be a trip across the state to bring Hubby’s drummer home, then back to make it in time for the hen party tonight. She’s having an in-home Wine and Painting party. I’ve done one before and it’s quite fun. The last time I did one, the group painting was a girly tree silhouette. I painted a tree inspired by Tim Burton instead. This time, the group painting will be also a girly tree, though a different kind. Not sure how I’m going to Seek it up yet.

TJBM dances to the beat of their own drum.

ibstubro's avatar

Very much so.

TJBM will do a Bunny Hop this Easter weekend.

LOL boy people were easily amused back in the day ey’?
No, the only thing bunny hopping over here will be the horses when I turn them out to pasture.

TJBM knows the #1 ranch rule, never to be forgotten?

Seek's avatar

Never eat prairie oysters?

TJBM will tell me the real rule.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

I don’t know. I’m new at this. Feed them or they will eat you? Some animals are more equal than other animals? A horse is a horse of course, of course? What is the #1 rule of ranching? Blow into your horse’s nostrils at least once a day?

TJBM will please tell us.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Why do you ask me?
TJBM will please tell us.

#1 ranch rule. Always close gates behind you, always! Or spend hours rounding up run always.

TJBM has had to chase down a large beast recently.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Yes. I got it and will never forget it. That is a good rule.

Yes I have had to chase one down. A recalcitrant burro named Betsy who won’t stay out of the sugar cane. At least I know where to find her when she breaks out. But she’s a wily beast and laughs at me over her shoulder as she rapidly zigs and zags in what she thinks is a fun game of tag when I try to catch her.

TJBM is coloring Easter eggs today.

No, I am filling the goose pond here right now and then am heading up to let the hens out and collect eggs but not color them. I did, however, sponge paint Marwyn one year with vegetable dye and he was the tye dyed easter goose, until he jumped in his pool and faded turned the water into rainbow colors. haha

TJBM is on high tick alert. Why don’t they make Advantage for humans? A little between your shoulder blades protects you from fleas and ticks for an entire month. lol

reijinni's avatar

nope.
TJBM is sleeping late tonight.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

You mean going to bed late? Nah. I usually start reading around 10pm and am out cold around 10:30. Everyday and every night is like Groundhog day around here. All time same same no problem.

TJBM thinks Fluther is rrrrreeeeeaaaaaaaalllllly slooooooooooow again.

ibstubro's avatar

I know so. I started the thread in Meta this go-round. Perhaps it didn’t get completely fixed the last time.

TJBM knows the first rule of….um….well…dunking donuts. Yeah! That’s IT. Dunking your donuts.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

And here’s Red Skelton to show you how it was done back in 1938 in the Catskills while Having a Wonderful Time.

@ibstubro Your meta string revival is 12 hours old and never showed up on my activities page. I’ve been looking for it. I think Adagio gave up and went home.

TJBM likes jelly donuts best.

Mimishu1995's avatar

With bread.
TJBM likes bread.

Yes, especially the green paper kind.

TJBM has a favorite snuggle blanket.

Stinley's avatar

No but I am sewing badges on a camp blanket
TJBM belonged to a scout group

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Briefly. I went to one meeting. At the end, the scout leader, who acted like he thought he was a Marine Corps D.I., ordered what they called a “belt line.” He lined up his older scouts in a gauntlet, they removed their belts, and forced the younger scouts to run through it while they beat them. I remember him standing to one side, hands on hips and a shit-eating grin on his face. I thought one piece of shit was enjoying hitting me just a bit too much, so I retaliated. Evidently, a good Scout doesn’t do this. This was about learning to take shit off inferiors for the gratification of some perv, I figured. A kind of BDSM training ground, is the way I see that one troop today.

So, Fuck this, I thought, and never went back. I had already bought the book and for years that was a useful source of woodcraft and enhanced my outdoor activities. Too bad the Scouts weren’t what I thought they were. I would have enjoyed being a member of a troop very much. I have an old Scout Manual from 1917, which is much more interesting than the modern one.

TJBM had a much better Scout experience.

YMCA (Scouts lost my application twice ? ?)
In fourth and fifth grade I was president of our group of 15, we didn’t have an adult leader in the room but there were adults in the next room for another “Y” group. I had to be organized and interesting. I recruited three Jewish friends to join and went to 2 of their bar mitzvahs. Weekends we played in basketball, flag football and dodge-ball “Y” leagues and were we won the league or got best sportsmanship banners.

Mimishu1995's avatar

TJBM got lost in the conversation.

Stinley's avatar

I did a little bit
TJBM enjoys hearing about other cultures

I do, I just got this months copy of “Smithsonian” and can’t wait to read about an ancient city discovered in the jungle of Cambodia that is 350 years older than Ankgor Wat and The deadly mating Dance Of Black Holes. lol

TJBM is an information hound.

@Espiritus_Corvus I got in trouble in Girl Scouts for saying ” screw this weaving of newspapers to make a sitting mat” and instead, sewed a piece of oil cloth over a giant, cushy, piece of foam rubber. lol WTF..no credit for ingenuity?

SQUEEKY2's avatar

If the subject interests me I can be.
TJBM, ate to many easter treats today.

No Easter treats here, but I did have a Strawberry milkshake last night.

TJBM is shocked that they are not having their usual spring allergies, yet. Knock of wood

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

I’m always thankful that I’ve never had allergies. The treatment is antihistamine and if I take antihistamine, I can’t pee. So, I’m doubly thankful.

TJBM saw an Easter egg hunt today.

MollyMcGuire's avatar

Negative

TJBM will attend Easter sunrise services in the morning.

reijinni's avatar

not into church services
TJBM stayed home today.

I did. I did some mudding and sanding and I hung a shoe rack and I cleaned the kitchen.

Here2_4's avatar

TJAM is done?

TJBM had a tantrum trying to fix something today. I did. lol

Mimishu1995's avatar

I had a tantrum trying to fix someone’s attitude.
TJBM can’t stand irresponsible people.

Soubresaut's avatar

True! Although I worry sometimes I’m irresponsible myself, so then I feel bad for disliking others for irresponsibility…

TJBM had a busy week!

You have no idea, and it;s not over yet. lol

TJBM has to be up at 5 a,m. tomorrow…nite nite peeps

Strauss's avatar

I am up at 5 AM!

TJBM is looking forward to something happening soon.

Stinley's avatar

I am looking forward to having a raclette dinner with friends tomorrow
TJBM likes french cheese

Mimishu1995's avatar

OH GOD! MORE CHEESE MORE CHEESE!
TJBM is crazy about cheese.

Stinley's avatar

I do really like cheese. I like cheddar best.
TJBM hates cheese

Strauss's avatar

No, I love cheese. Cheddar is good; I have made several batches of mozzarella. My personal favorite is a nice smoked gouda.

TJBM will share their favorite cheese.

Here2_4's avatar

No! It is all for me!
TJBM keeps a secret stash.

I do, of tootsie pops, my go to suger fix when I am desperate. lol

TJBM has been up since 5 a.m.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

As usual.

TJBM likes soup.

reijinni's avatar

nope
TJBM can’t sell a thing to save their life.

MollyMcGuire's avatar

Wrong.

TJBM has had plastic surgery.

Never, I’m naturally perfect. lol

TJBM is perfect, naturally.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

I try to be.

TJBM is still trying to get over the “incident.”

MollyMcGuire's avatar

Which one?

TJBM changes the oil in his or her car himself/herself.

Strauss's avatar

Usually.

TJBM once did a lot more work on their car before their knowledge was overtaken we technology.

Hell no, I can barely check my oil, I need a mechanic at my service, yesterday i actually figured out how to re-attach my vacuum bag lid that fell off when I was changing the bag. Total PITA, took me like 40 minutes and more than a little swearing and banging it around and breaking into a sweat to get the stupid little knobs re-aligned with the brackets so it would pop on again. Gah!

TJBM has a friend that is under the age of 10.

Mimishu1995's avatar

You mean literally or figurately.
TJBM takes things literally.

Yes, a child friend.

Yes, I do, most of the time.

TJBM has cold feet.

ibstubro's avatar

Rarely. Thank goodness because when they are cold, it’s impossible to warm them.

TJBM needs to mow the grass.

Haha…. you wouldn’t believe how tall the spring grass is here, 2 yards to mow and acres of weed eating.

TJBM has Easter cookies staring at them.

Soubresaut's avatar

Aw, Easter cookies! Now the eggs I’ve got don’t seem nearly as good!

TJBM is getting over a cold—the less-welcome souvenir of a week with the family. Easter eggs, revisited traditions, and tagalong hug-transferred germs.

Stinley's avatar

No cold now but had a really bad one a couple of weeks ago. Having two weeks holiday is keeping me healthy!
TJBM will tell us about a great holiday they had

Mimishu1995's avatar

My last summer holiday! Granted I didn’t have to go to school, but it was more meaningful than most other summer holidays. I learned and tried a lot of things, for example I first wrote my first novel’s draft during the summer time. It was also time of hope and dream. I had a lot of plans during that time and now I have achieved some of them. Hope I will have a great time like that again.
TJBM has too much plans.

Here2_4's avatar

I don’t. I jealously guard my personal universe, and avoid slicing it into pieces too small.
TJBM is becoming disenchanted with how narrow thinking is the Fluther, and is contemplating severing ties.

Nope, gotta take the good with the bad, and I have no complaints. It is what it is.

TJBM has to get their groove n for a busy push right now.

Strauss's avatar

Yep. Catching the red-eye to LA in the morning.

TJBM has had to get up earlier than they have sometimes gone to bed.

I have and I hate it, unless it is to leave for a fun trip. I am not a morning person anymore, I need about 2 hours of coffee and to ease into my day.

TJBM has been the the Grand Canyon.

@Yetanotheruser Are you going to band camp? lol

Many times going back to 1954. That trip we did both North and South rim.

TJBM sometimes get distracted Think Dog in UP!

LOL… yes, but not as bad as Doug. I love that movie!

TJBM has a unibrow.

Strauss's avatar

No, no unibrow, just a few strays between the two regular brows. The wife attacks them with her stealth tweezers when I least expect it.

@Coloma I’m visiting my brother the drummer. It’s been about 20 years since we’ve had a chance just to jam, let alone any studio collaboration!

TJBM is looking forward to a much anticipated event.

ibstubro's avatar

Tomorrow is my birthday.
So, no.

TJBM has a favorite limerick.

Happy almost B-Day Stu.

I don’t know roght off hand I am still recovering from a stressful moment over here.

TJBM just had a big scare. The neighbors came and took one of the horses to their place today for some training, unbeknownst to me, and I was freaking out thinking she escaped. haha

Here2_4's avatar

Oh, gosh! No scare for me sounds like you got my share.
TJBM has an aquarium they’d rather watch than television.

False, but I love aquariums I had a marine aquarium years ago and I had a Moray Eel named Eli. Sadly he was an escape artist and vanished one day. I searched high and low and could find no trace of him until weeks later when I found him mummified behind the curtains in the track of the sliding patio door. :-(

TJBM needs a chill pill. haha

Here2_4's avatar

Here is your chill pill. I had mine.
TJBM is chillin’.

I am and my tubby is filling for that blissful bedtime bath. That video is hilarious! haha

TJBM hates green Jello

Mimishu1995's avatar

What’s so wrong with this?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×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
TJBM will says: “Good nap @Mimishu1995.”

Here2_4's avatar

Good nap, Mimi. :-)
TJBM is such a tightwad, they squeak when they walk.

No, polar opposite, while I am on a tight budget these days I love being generous and that is the one thing I miss the most after being tanked in this recession. I miss being able to just whisk my daughter off for a fun weekend get away or surprise her and my friends with fun things. Not to mention the peace of mind of knowing I have plenty. Aaaah, memories, of the way things were. lol

TJBM believes in the money rule of ” spend some, save some, give some away.”

@Mimishu1995 What the…did you do up there anyway?

True dat.

TJBM believes in hard freaking work.

@Coloma MiMi tried to paste a picture of a green Jello lump.

Hard work but not FREAKING.

TJBM is using left-overs for a meal.

No, that was yesterday. haha Today is fresh scrambled eggs and toast and fruit for breakfast and salad and cheese and crackers for dinner. I polished of the easter dinner fare and have to return to self control mode. lol

TJBM hates it when they get the cuff of their sleeve wet when washing their hands and then have to walk around with a soggy cuff.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

That was a problem in the sub-arctic climate of Sweden, but not here in the tropics.

TJBM saw something this week that they haven’t seen in years.

Yes, I was in a 17 story high rise in downtown Sacramento the other day. I haven’t been in a high rise building since traveling in 2010.

TJBM likes Architecture.

MollyMcGuire's avatar

Sure I do.

TJBM recognizes architectural differences based on both geography and time.

Seek's avatar

I’m pretty good with Pharaonic Egypt, Classical Greece and Rome, and Europe through the Gothic era. Anything beyond that, nope.

I can talk your ear off about Corinthian columns and flying buttresses, though.

TJBM knows the difference between a nave and a knave.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

The nave is where the knave kneels.

TJBM is making do with what they have.

MollyMcGuire's avatar

Funny you should mention that. My kitchen was ripped out today. I good thing is my new stuff is going to be fabulous.

TJBM buys bottled spring water rather than the purified water.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Not anymore. The water here is excellent right out of the well.

TJBM has discovered a new favorite movie from the 40’s or 50’s.

Here2_4's avatar

No, but saw Breakfast At Tiffany’s, and it has been a long time.
TJBM has had breakfast someplace unusual lately.

No, but the fresh egg laying ladies are just 25 yards up the hill in their coop. haha

TJBM must venture out on an errand now.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Errand… at home.
TJBM is accepting a punishment of someone else.

Here2_4's avatar

No.
TJBM Goes hunting.

Stinley's avatar

No hunting for me, except bargain hunting
TJBM hunts for a bargain

ibstubro's avatar

I can spot a bargain at 100 paces.

TJBM paces when they’re upset.

Stinley's avatar

No I wring my hands!
TJBM is a Zen master (tell me how!)

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

When you stop searching you will find it, grasshopper.

TJBM likes Kung Fu re-runs.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Used to. But then Kung Fu got overused…
TJBM likes ninjas.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Only when they fight for the greater good.

TJBM wants a loyal mammal for a pet, but what kind?

reijinni's avatar

too lazy for a pet.
TJBM is wet

MollyMcGuire's avatar

Nope

TJBM makes his or her morning coffee right in the bedroom.

Seek's avatar

Nope, I can’t fit the stove in there.
This is how I make coffee.

Thank you for the French Press, @Gailcalled. I use it every day, and as you predicted, it did change my life.

TJBM received a life-changing gift from a friend.

Not yet. lol Maybe someone will still give me a million dollars, it could happen. ;-p

TJBM has left their debit card somewhere recently and had to rush back to retrieve it.

ibstubro's avatar

Never. The only place I use debit is Aldi, and that’s a swipe-and-go.

TJBM is pissed off today.

Mimishu1995's avatar

No, I’m laughing silently at pissed-off people on the internet.
No ill-will here. I’m reading a debate on some idiotic trend on the internet and is laughing at the quarrel.
TJBM is cheerful today.

Neither pissed off or cheerful, still in morning grog mode with allergies. I am emotionally neutral just trying to come out of the fog here. haha

TJBM has a view from their house.

MollyMcGuire's avatar

Indeed; my house is on a canal with natural shores (rather than sea walls) and is full of Florida wildlife.

Soubresaut's avatar

TJAM has perfected the art of invisible-ink pixels. ;)
I have not yet mastered the skill of webpage heat application to reveal said pixels of text….

TJBM / =++ ++ == + +++ / ++= +++ ++ =+ ==+ / == === =++ + +++ / = = =++ / === = ++++ + = / = +=++ = + += =+ = = ++ +++= + / ++= === = == +++ / === ++=+ / == === == == ++= =+ ++ == = = ++ === =

PS sorry if it shows up with random underlines. Thought by avoiding * and – I would avoid weird formatting…

reijinni's avatar

nope
TJBM is jamming to this song.

Strauss's avatar

Well, I listened, and it’s OK, probably because I don’t get the reference since I don’t understand the language.

TJBM understands the language of this one.

Haha,,, yes, sounds like Johnny Cash.

TJBM is eating a bagel right now.

Stinley's avatar

Nope. I just ate some chocolates that I got as a present. Chocolate as a present is calorie free, right?
TJBM loves chocolate

I like chocolate a lot but my real weakness is bakery goods, like Lemon Meringue pie and cheesecake and cinnamon rolls. Help me haha

TJBM likes lemon flavored desserts, cheesecake, pound cake, pies, sorbet.

Strauss's avatar

Lemon meringue anything is my favorite non-chocolate dessert, followed closely by key lime pie.

TJBM is back to the usual stuff after a well-deserved break.

Oh Key Lime pie…oooooh. haha

Mimishu1995's avatar

Story of my last week. Now I’m back to my book.
TJBM knows how to filter advice.

Yes I do. Most of the time I just hit the “ignore” button. haha

TJBM hates unsolicited advice and finds it annoying, unless it has immediate practical purpose.

TJBM minds their own business.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

In real life I do. Here, sometimes I don’t. I get into things here that I would never bother with in the real world.

TJBM wants to know the recipe to something even better than Tiramisu.

ibstubro's avatar

Sure! But keep it simple will you?

TJBM uses salt on some non-traditional food.

Soubresaut's avatar

Nope—I tend to avoid salt (not for health, just because it taste very strong to me), which means I leave many traditionally salted foods unsalted… Though I do like salt on sweet potatoes!

TJBM is making dinner

Just finished dinner about an hour ago.

TJBM is dying with spring allergies.

Mimishu1995's avatar

I knows no allergies.
TJBM is talking about food and allergies.

No, grass and pollen and whatever other blooming evils that are exploding out there.

TJBM will tell us what kind of animal they would like to be.

Soubresaut's avatar

Oh, so many! But probably a dolphin or a crow. Both species are so intelligent and—more than that—have such apparently deep social connections with their groups. Plus, crows can fly… and dolphins can roam almost all of the sea. Most days being human is just fine, but some days I feel like I might be happier as one of those :)

Here2_4's avatar

A parrot. They live a long time. They are colorfully adorned. They say whatever they want, and nobody argues with them.

TJBM will visit Rio to see the Olympic events, and parrots.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

No, I’m afraid not. I don’t like loud, obnoxious crowds… anymore. I can see parrots whenever I want. They live a long time, they are colorfully adorned. And one can reduce a 500-book personal library to sawdust in only one lonely weekend. But they are pretty to watch.

TJBM hasn’t taken a good, long, up-close look at the natural world for a long time.

ibstubro's avatar

Sadly, this is true. Usually, for the most part, I’m all about the little things in life, but I’ve been distracted. If I go mushroom hunting this year, I’ll get some up close time with the flora and fauna.

TJBM lives near an impressive natural water source.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Does the Atlantic ocean count? From here to the Sahara, it’s nothin’ but ocean.
@ibstubro: keep an eye on your PMs for that recipe.

TJBM knows a morel from a mortadella.

Yes

TJBM knows a sopressa from a spatula.

Mimishu1995's avatar

What… are…these?
TJBM can’t read when there are too many terms?

Strauss's avatar

False. I read one term at a time.

TJBM is familiar with the variety of kitchen knives and their uses.

Stinley's avatar

I know a steak knife from a butter knife but that’s about it. I am a ‘right tool for the job’ kind of person.
TJBM likes DIY

Strauss's avatar

I do, and I’ve got the toolbox to prove it.

TJBM has the right toolbox.

No, I just scavenge for whatever I might need in the moment, or borrow it. lol

TJBM likes goofy, colorful socks.

Skin tone works for me. Sandals or Crocs

TJBM still has to sent in their IRS tax return.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Oh no not another term :(
TJBM is being bormbarded with terms.

reijinni's avatar

nope
TJBM collects pink slips.

Strauss's avatar

No, never owned or wore a pink slip in my life.

TJBM collects citations.

Haha, no, never had one, ever.

TJBM can name the total number of animals they have run over in their life. Me? 1 skunk, 1 squirrel and a deer that ran into me but was okay and ran off.

Stinley's avatar

No. There have been too many flies to count!
TJBM eats roadkill

Here2_4's avatar

You know, when the temperature stays below 42° F, roadkill is safe to take. (Tee hee)
Mimi, types of mushrooms, then food is compared to kitchen tools, then IRS is who oversees the tax collecting of Americans.
TJBM will take some time and relax their mind.

I just did. Sitting in the sun on the porch in zen mode for a few minutes before I launch into round 3 of activity here.

TJBM doesn’t think that strict, all black dress codes apply to funerals anymore.

True dat, I had a friend that passed, instructions were no black outfits. Aloha shirts and flower print dresses were recommended.
TJBM is @Seek

Seek's avatar

I am!

And I agree that solemn black is outdated. The most recent funeral I attended was for a 24 year old musician who had died in a terrible car accident. Everyone wore metal shirts and leather. In place of a coffin (it was not open-casket for the obvious reasons) they had his bass guitar with his many-patch-adorned denim jacket slung over the stand.

TJBM knows a few Dead-heads.

Yours truly and a few more. :-)

TJBM has picked up some fun summer clothes at bargain prices recently.

Here2_4's avatar

Indeed.
TJBM is good on toast.

Seek's avatar

YES. I’m going to a four-day hippie fest this year over Memorial day weekend, and grabbed up some nice crocheted halter tops for $3 apiece. I’m going to hand-sew a few pairs of fisherman pants and a couple of broomstick skirts to round out what’s left of my Stevie Nicks-esque pre-having-kids wardrobe in time for the party.

I’m also fantastic on toast, but those crumbs can get annoying.

TJBM prefers English muffins.

I prefer raisin english muffins yes.

TJBM has a colorful house.

No….I’d prefer to think primitively elegant, I think.

TJBM prefers antiques over new furniture.

Soubresaut's avatar

I do, if for no other reason but they will probably outlast many things that I could buy today… Also I tend to like older aesthetics, the intricacy usually there.

TJBM has been in a bit of a funk.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Now and again. My mood swings a lot.
TJBM is very high.

Seek's avatar

Don’t I wish. Nah, just numbing the effects of the idiocy with honey whiskey and Diet Coke.

I’m seriously considering just keeping my phone recording the shenanigans I put up with on a daily basis, and posting it on Youtube. Maybe with animation. Probably go viral and make a mint.

TJBM has experienced a person shouting at them one side of an entire argument by themselves with no outside input.

Mimishu1995's avatar

You have just described my asshole groupwork partner. She thought she was the boss and no one should give her feedback. She almost ruined our mid-term assignment.
TJBM has worked with assholes.

Oh yes, but not for long. haha

TJBM will tell us their 3 biggest pet peeves about people.

Here2_4's avatar

Garbage tossers, whistling indoors, highly intelligent people on those occasions when they are wrong about something.
TJBM has battle scars.

Magical_Muggle's avatar

Battle scars isn’t really the right word for the scars I have, unless you count the everyday struggle of being prone to cuts and scrapes that ALWAYS scar, no matter what. If you do include daily life under battle, then yes I do. And I have some really stupid ones at that

TJBM Has a habit of voicing random thoughts randomly, and thus has said some really weird stuff… (or is that just me?)

Strauss's avatar

Yes, but it only seems random to someone else. It makes perfect sense to me!

TJBM is subjective

Soubresaut's avatar

Undeniably and inescapably.

TJBM has an exciting day tomorrow.

Not really, I will be prepping to leave for a 5 day house/horse/ dog/chicken sitting gig sooo, packing, grocery shopping, getting all my little ducks in a row.

TJBM has had to dip into their savings for a bunch of unexpected crap this week.

Strauss's avatar

No, that was last week, when I was in LA.

TJBM is playing catch-up today.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Aaaaaaaand….?

Strauss's avatar

Put the friggin stopwatch away, Crow!

Soubresaut's avatar

I should be. A class of mine was cancelled—professor has the flu—so I intended to get ahead of stuff, turned on my computer, and found my fingers tapping their way over here!

TJBM has an interesting piece of trivia to share

Oh, right up my alley, my brain is jam packed with useless trivia. haha

Did you know that every time you urinate a small amount of urine is excreted into your mouth from your salivary glands? Tasty! :-p

TJBM knows how many teeth an Opossum has? The most teeth of any mammal

Strauss's avatar

I know! 50!

TJBM also knows that they have “opossum-ble” thumbs.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Until a minute ago, I only knew 3 things about Opossums:
(1) Along with armadillos, they are known to be vectors for leprosy in Florida.
(2) The males have forked penises
(3) They are the meanest, ugliest looking sons of bitches on earth when they hiss at you.

TJBM saw something interesting in nature lately.

Well…nothing incredible but, we do have a pair of Canada geese with a nest on the roof of the horse barn and a finch on a nest in the corner of the porch. Last year this, presuming, same pair of geese hatched 9 goslings and we made a big fluffy bed of hay beneath the roof so they had a soft landing, then, we herded the little family down the gravel driveway and through the gate to the pasture and pond.

TJBM is experiencing the first really warm day of the year in their zone. Damn HOT out there today at over 85 degrees but rain coming tomorrow and Sat. here again.

Seek's avatar

::blinks::

We’ve only had about four not really warm days. It’s currently 80*F here, which is firmly in the “not dead yet” zone.

TJBM would prefer a cold climate to a warm one

Moderate, not freezing but certainly not hot. I’d prefer a climate that never got above about 85 degrees tops with cool nights.

TJBM is feelin’ groovy.

Stinley's avatar

Hello lamppost how ya doing ?
TJBM has a special childhood memento that they keep close by and will tell us about

Um, no. haha
I am not overly sentimental, I am more of an out with the old, in with the new type. My childhood mementos are in a box at my daughters house somewhere, her stuff now. haha

TJBM has intermittent dementia.

Strauss's avatar

Sometimes intermittent, sometimes not, so I guess you could call it intermittently intermittent.

Got yer finger on the trigger there, Crow?

TJBM has their finger on the trigger.

Always, I’m a fast draw. lol

TJBM does not eat lamb. ick

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

I love lamb! And mutton. What I can’t understand is that sheep represent only 1% of all livestock in the U.S. and over 80% that is used for the pet food market. Most of the rest is exported. What a waste. How about a little variety, fer chrissakes! In 1857 there were 51 million head of sheep in the U.S. Today, there are only 6 million.

I apologize, Strauss, but this place needs all the running jokes it can get.

So, it’s a safe bet that TJBM does not eat lamb.

Mimishu1995's avatar

No. Never even saw a sheep in real life.
TJBM does not eat lamb.

I already said that above. haha—It;s a childhood hang up, my mom used to make a lot of lamb as a child and I was not into it, so I still am Lamb phobic. lol—

TJBM could live on baked potatoes and salad.

Strauss's avatar

I could, but I wouldn’t want to. They’re both delicious and they’re both side dishes in my book.

TJBM is…is…is…stupefied!

ibstubro's avatar

I’m not. I just finished reading a great, but melancholy book.

TJBM thinks it’s time for Spring to start getting a little more serious about putting Winter in its place!

It did here today, hit like 82 degrees. I am laying in my bed right now with the window wide open in a skimpy nighty. Tomorrow it cools off and then showers and temps dropping back down to the low 60’s.

TJBM is fighting the urge to have a bedtime snack.

Here2_4's avatar

Lost the battle.
TJBM wishes it didn’t hurt, so they could go to sleep.

Mimishu1995's avatar

What hurts?
TJBM is sleeping.

Stinley's avatar

Zzzzzzzz
TJBM is awake

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Just put the coffee on.

TJBM is figuring out what to do first today.

Strauss's avatar

5 a m here and already got it figured out…I’m fluthering!

Morning, Crow!

TJBM is still just checking.

Stinley's avatar

I’m at work and a little bit bored….
TJBM is fulfilled at work or study

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Yes.

Morning, Strauss!

TJBM feels great today! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

Strauss's avatar

I do. And I just had my Frosted Flakes too!

TJBM is also in a good mood.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Yes I am. It’s beautiful out and the day is beckoning… as are the sheep, the goats, the dogs, the horse, the cat, the chickens and the burro. But they are good people and good people should eat well, and it’s my job to feed and release them into the pastures.

TJBM has decided on this year’s plantings and will tell us what they will be.

Mimishu1995's avatar

I don’t have the soil :(
TJBM tries to recreate a farm.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

I am experimenting with sustainable organic farming in a small way, yes.

TJBM prefers living in the city.

Stinley's avatar

Oh, that’s a whole other question :-P
TJBM is ready for the weekend

I will be. House and pet sitting for 5 days starting tomorrow so have to pack and do a bunch of prep stuff today.

TJBM tries to watch their posture and not slouch.

Stinley's avatar

You made me sit up straight!
TJBM has a bad back

No, a bad shoulder and ankle. Parts wearing out. haha

TJBM just found a birds nest in an unusual place. We have a nest with one egg built under the eave of the horse trailer, gotta figure out how to relocate it or baby birds will be going for a drive.

Strauss's avatar

Yeah, I found one, a meadowlark, I think, under the eaves of the shed I was about to rebuild. I guess that project will have to wait a few weeks (or months!).

TJBM has a project on hold for nature.

Stinley's avatar

It’s my bee project. My shameful beemageddon of last year has left me needing to make a happy home for bees
TJBM likes honey

I do, on toast, with peanut butter especially. :-)

TJBM is excited about something.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Could you be excited if there was a test ahead of you?
TJBM wants something to go away quickly.

ibstubro's avatar

Stress, yes.

TJBM is thinking of a nice melon.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

I’m thinking of pickling watermelon rinds.

TJBM has made jellies, jams, chutneys and marmalade before.

reijinni's avatar

nope
TJBM thinks that Yahoo! is dying.

Here2_4's avatar

Gee, I don’t know.
TJBM wants McDs, so they can get some of those Monopoly thingys.

Seek's avatar

Uuuughh, I hate Monopoly season. They remove all the other sales to accommodate the promotion. I was loving 2/$5 Big Mac/Quarter Pounder combo time.

TJBM likes their burger with extra pickles

No, I like it missing the middle bun with only one slice of cheese. haha

TJBM hates couples drama.

Here2_4's avatar

Absolutely true.
TJBM will name a movie they think everyone should see.

Mimishu1995's avatar

How about Mr. Nobody? Almost no violence, a plot with several meanings, and a thought-provoking message. You should check it out.
TJBM will name a movie that they think no one should see.

Can’t think of one right now but..I just watched the coolest story…for a great story look up ” The Wolf Pack.” About 5 brothers that were kept in an apartment in N.Y. for 14 years and never allowed out by their father. Amazing story, very happy ending.

TJBM likes human interest stories.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Big time. I even mine the archives for them. My favorites are when the little guy wins against all odds.

TJBM likes it when the little guy wins.

Strauss's avatar

I live for those moments. I especially like it when it makes “the big guy” whine.

TJBM loves it when the “big guys” whine.

Would you like some cheese with your whine? lol

TJBM has a pussy or two in their bed every night.

ibstubro's avatar

False. And it’s been at least 15 years since my lovely Tom died.

TJBM still loves to turn the music up way too loud every now and then.

Yes, every now and then. last time was a little party for one a few months ago, sitting at the big granite breakfast bar, sipping wine and playing old music. :-)

TJBM loves BLT sandwiches.

Strauss's avatar

Yes! I do, I do, I do!

TJBM likes a comfort food because it brings back memories.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

It’s a meal we had on Saturdays at our house. It was a big family, the table groaned under the weight of the food.

Crispy deep-fried chicken with spiced breading. Hush puppies—real ones with finely diced cherry peppers and onions baked in them, not the bland ones they sell at the fried chicken places. Butter beans and Squash Creole. Garlic-butter-mashed-potatoes with bacon bits and chopped green onions or leek. Lemon iced tea to drink. Warm sweet potato pie with vanilla ice cream. Bite-sized chunks of chilled watermelon afterwards.

TJBM has a favorite comfort food that brings back memories:

Here2_4's avatar

Not really, but tenderloin sandwiches take me back to a tiny cafe where my family used to stop sometimes when I was very little. The loins there stuck out a good two inches from the bun all the way around, and it came with enough fries to feed the whole family. I would use half a bottle of catsup, and not get a quarter of them eaten. My family would help themselves to my fries, but I wanted the really long ones for myself. I could never eat more than half the sandwich, and the rest always had to be wrapped in paper napkins to eat at home. My mommy got the pickle.

TJBM has a cool farmer’s market story to tell.

Yes, there is a local veggie farm not far from me that operates on the honor system. You can wander in at any time, day or night and they have bags and prices written on a board. You just gather up your produce and fruit and leave your payment in the box. I love it!

TJBM must leave their cozy lair to run an errand now.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Soon. Coming grandma!
TJBM has a relative they care a lot about despite not living together,

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Yes. The sibs who are still alive are very far away. My little sister will be flying through for a visit soon.

TJBM quit smoking cigarettes in 19??

Strauss's avatar

1967. 1972. 1975. 1978. But I finally stopped in 1981. I think I may have had three or four in the years since, but they only served to remind me that I didn’t want to do that anymore.

TJBM will share how they overcame an undesirable behavior.

Mimishu1995's avatar

I overcame my temptation to buy anything that looks tempting for a moment. I could have never done it if it hadn’t been for a rare item that popped up on Ebay. I really wanted it and to buy it I had to have enough money. It forced me to start watching my money and considering carefully whether I wanted to buy anything in the first place. I finally got the item and got rid of my bad habit. What a bargain :)
TJBM has strict rules for themselves.

No, I’m not a super structured type, I like freedom and flexibility.

TJBM has an easy going personality.

ibstubro's avatar

Yup. Unless crossed. lol

TJBM flosses obsessively.

Haha, not obsessively, no.

TJBM gets annoyed at flakey people that don’t walk their talk.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Yes I do and it’s getting so bad I have to check myself.

TJBM has noticed the same sort of impatience in themselves and knows if it is age, or something else.

Strauss's avatar

It’s age. Like fine wine, good cheese and mellow whisky, old crow.

TJBM is sometimes a whisky drinker

Gak, never. I like a good ale or 2 or a little wine or champagne but have never been a hard alcohol type, sans the occasional bloody mary which I do like. Marinated string beans please, lots of olives, celery, a salad in a glass. haha

TJBM just discovered an injury on themselves that they have no clue as to where, when or how they got it.

SQUEEKY2's avatar

omg yes.
TJBM.likes coffee candy.

Yes, I love coffee everything, candy, ice cream, etc.

TJBM must go grocery shopping and does not want to.

@SQUEEKY2 Mine is a burn on my left forearm, what’s yours?

Nah. My husband shops. I just make do with whatever he comes home with.

When someone once pointed out a runner in their panty hose, TJBM told them it was a scar and they were shocked and embarrassed. O——> that’s a debil.—

SQUEEKY2's avatar

An ache in my left shoulder that has been going on for months.
TJBM HAS aches they can’t remember where or why they came from.

Strauss's avatar

Oh yeah. Some of them are the result of specific trauma, and I remember it well. Others have crept in and stayed over the past few decades.

TJBM can remember all the pain-causing incidents they have experienced.

Here2_4's avatar

is there a #68?

Stinley's avatar

This one is still going strong!

No, pain fades quickly for me

TJBM takes painkillers regularly

No, only Tylenol and Advil but now I have to take a BP med and can’t take the Advil anymore so I guess I will just deal with my pain. Tylenol doesn’t cut it at all.

TJBM is pretty stoic.

Strauss's avatar

Yeah, unless you know me pretty well, you’re not gonna know anything’s bothering me unless it share, and I probably won’t do that.

TJBM has a habit of “working through” pain.

Mimishu1995's avatar

If I didn’t what should I do? Sit there and suffer?
TJBM doesn’t know if we should have a #68. Man I’m so caught up that I forgot that we already have 500 responses.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

This works fine for me. It’s up to you guys.

TJBM has something nice planned for the summer.

Strauss's avatar

A nice garden, with three or four kinds of heirloom tomatoes, carrots, onions, turnips, potatoes, lettuce, tomatillo, peppers (sweet and hot)...and that’s just getting started.

TJBM has a summer project to start.

Yes, my project is me. Lowering my BP, cholesterol and hopefully moving to a new little place. It’s a big project for sure. haha

TJBM saw a new movie recently.

Here2_4's avatar

No, but I am looking forward to this new version of Jungle Book coming out.
TJBM grew up watching Baggy Britches dance to The Bear Necessities.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Wha…at?
TJBM enjoys watching old movies.

I like new movies more but yes, I do like many old movies.

TJBM is TJAM

Brian1946's avatar

True, in that The Jelly Below You is The Jelly After You.

TJBM loves that this thread takes a half hour to load and therefore refuses to start a new one.

Stinley's avatar

Love this thread but for a different reason.
TJBM’s thread loads fine on their phone!

Seek's avatar

It takes a second but it’s no big deal.

TJBM is on their third cup of coffee this morning.

Nope, finishing second ( 20 ounce mug )

TJBM has a special coffee mug.

Strauss's avatar

It’s a 16-oz go-cup, and I brew the coffee directly into it. I’m also on my second mug. But if you consider that a standard serving of coffee is a 6-oz cup, it looks like @Tropical_Willie and I are well on our way to our sixth or seventh cup.

TJBM thinks they could/would/might be considered a coffee hound.

Seek's avatar

I’m certainly a dedicated fan. I’m seriously considering a tattoo of a caffeine molecule. I do not tend to hoard coffee, as I prefer fresh beans whenever possible, but I do have a dedicated thermometer whose sole job is to measure the water in my kettle to 173 degrees Fahrenheit.

TJBM has more than four types of tea in their home.

Mimishu1995's avatar

I need to ask dad.
TJBM is a tea addict.

Strauss's avatar

Not an addict, but I am a partner in a website that sells tea. I have about 15 varieties of tea in my home, 5 for personal consumption and 10 to provide samples for the website.
Which is a little wierd, because I am more of a coffee drinker!

TJBM knows the difference between a true tea and a tisane.

Fraid not, I’m a tea totaler. lol

TJBM had a weird dream last night.

Strauss's avatar

No, not that I remember. Sometimes they do get pretty weird.

TJBM will share a weird dream they had last night or recently

Stinley's avatar

I never remember dreams. i remember I had them but just not any details at all
TJBM sleeps wonderfully

Mostly but lately the barnyard is going off at like 6 a.m. geese shrieking to come out, hens cackling, horses neighing and last night the pussy cats were racing through the house at 5 a.m. doing pussy cat things. Galloping pussies able to leap tall couches in a single bound. lol

TJBM is a southpaw.

Sometimes, I play baseball left handed. Write right handed also tennis and ping pong, shoot rifle and hand guns either hand.

TJBM has a dentist’s appointment soon.

I need to make one, time for a cleaning.

TJBM just cut the 1st watermelon of the season and it is delicious!

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

How did you know that? Hey… can you see me?

TJBM looks for the first sign of spring in their area, and it is…

@Espiritus_Corvus haha, well, I am intuitive. :-)

Oh man, spring is a raging monster here, blindingly green and lush, generating humidity like a tropical rain forest. All the song birds nesting and twittering everywhere, bugs zinging around, geese and hens laying eggs, ( just found a clutch of 9 hidden goose eggs, but they are infertile so collected them all ) and the lizards are zinging around, soon the rattlers will be out again too.

TJBM buys super hero band aids.

Strauss's avatar

No, my skin is so tuff I never need ‘em

TJBM is thin-skinned

Soubresaut's avatar

I bruise easier than I would like, but I compensate with impressive callouses—which I guess means I’m a softy beneath a barrier of variable thickness.

TJBM likes to wander.

I do, just have to pay attention when I’m driving, that is how I am going to die, ” Oooooh, look at that beautiful treeeeeeeeeeee ”...goes over cliff, rolls multiple times, explodes in giant fireball. lol

TJBM has seen a giant fireball.

Yes, car fire from a quarter mile away, guess it got to the gas tank. Felt the heat and the boom hit me in the chest.

TJBM has seen a wild fire /forest fire up close.

Strauss's avatar

No, but I was close enough to a fire and explosion at an oil refinery that it cracked a window in the house where we were living.

TJBM has witnessed a large explosion.

ibstubro's avatar

I have, but I don’t remember it. My brother tells me that an uncle once blew the stumps out of my grandmother’s yard using dynamite. Sent them, like, 3 stories into the air. Ah, the good old days. When an idiot could endanger an entire neighborhood in full view of everyone and get nothing more than an “Attaboy!”

TJBM has a funny watermelon anecdote.

Soubresaut's avatar

Sorta! I lost my first tooth eating a watermelon. Bit down on a seed that was much harder than all the others… actually quite an unpleasant experience, kind of the same jarring as when you think there’s one more step but there isn’t, and your leg hits the ground sooner than you expect. Also the “seed” had a rough side. Spit it out and there was my tooth! (It was very loose by that point, so loose watermelon was enough, but I hadn’t wanted to pull it out.)

TJBM has a funny water anecdote, and/or a funny melon anecdote.

Mimishu1995's avatar

No, but “melon” reminds me of the time when I was bombarded with watermelon juice by my mom. Don’t know how she came up with the idea but at one point I began to fear watermelon to death.
TJBM has a stupid fear.

I am rather paranoid about driving to new places I have never been before that are kinda far away. Once I know my way I’m good to go. otherwise, no fears, I am quite non-neurotic overall.

Watermelon anecdote: A friend once traded a watermelon for a puppy. haha She had him for 10 years until he died.

TJBM’s internet was down for several hours today.

Magical_Muggle's avatar

I didn’t have internet for several hours today, I just legitimately had no internet access.

TJBM is into stand-up comedy

Stinley's avatar

Yes, I find it belly-achingly funny. I haven’t been to any shows for a while but when I lived in Edinburgh I used to go to loads at the Edinburgh festival. Lots of people before they were famous too. I like the british sense of humour best as it can be just so offbeat. I saw Billy Connolly once, absolutely hilarious. I watch a lot of TV show that are comedians on panel or game shows. These are very funny too.
TJBM will tell us their favourite joke

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

I’‘ve told this so many times here that it’s probably not even funny anymore:

A man walks into a psychiatrist’s office with a duck on his head.
The psychiatrist asks, “Can I help you?”
And the duck says, “Yeah, can you get this guy off my ass?”

TJBM will tell us their favorite joke.

Mimishu1995's avatar

“You can’t fail if you don’t try, so why bother?”
TJBM will tell us their favorite joke.

Seek's avatar

Heisenberg and Schrödinger are on a road trip, when they’re pulled over by police. Cop asks Heisenberg to roll down the window and says, “Do you have any idea how fast you were going?”

Heisenberg says, “No, but I know where I am.”

Cop says, “I clocked you at 108 miles per hour!”

“Great, now we’re lost!”

The cop thinks this is odd behavior and demands to search the car. “Hey, did you know there’s a dead cat in the trunk?”

Schrödinger cries, ”Well I do NOW!”

TJBM will also tell a joke.

Not that good !

TJBM knows why the joke @Seek told is funny. (Why quantum mechanics and cats?)

Stinley's avatar

I do! Sort of. Well, the Schrodinger bit anyway. Bit hazy on my Heisenberg theories…
TJBM likes my logistics professor joke:
Three logistics professors go into a bar. The barman asks them ‘Would you like a beer?’. The first one says ‘I don’t know’. The second one says ‘I don’t know’. The third one then says ‘Yes’.

Mimishu1995's avatar

I’m still thinking… are they going to drink in the same cup?
TJBM likes no-brainer jokes.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Well, I confess that I don’t know my Heisenberg from my Hume or Schrodinger from Schopenhauer—or even if these guys share the same professions. So, unless the joke is explained to me in painful detail, I probably don’t get it.

I like surreal jokes with multiple layers of funny like the one in my last post, or ones with that come with a literary reference, or wordplay. I think some of the best jokes are simple and fast:

Dorothy Parker walks into a bar.
The bartender asks, “What can I get you?”
Parker says, “Gimme an entendre, and make it a double.”

There was a great Pavlov bar joke but I forget the details.

TJBM will tell the Pavlov joke.

Strauss's avatar

Pavlov is sitting at a bar, and the phone rings. “Dammit!” he cried, “I forgot to feed the dogs!”

TJBM will share their most intellectual joke.

Seek's avatar

I’m planning a trip the the Fibbonacci convention. It’s supposed to be as big as the last two put together.

TJBM knows if you order a double entendre, the bartender will give it to you.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

And hopefully you get what you want.

Guy walks into a bar and pulls a tiny grand piano out of his pocket. Then he pulls out a little guy who site down and begins to play.

“Where’d ya get that?” bartender asks.

“I have a magic bottle; you rub it and get a wish,” customer replies.

The customer agrees to let bartender try it, and pulls a grungy old whiskey bottle from his pocket. Bartender rubs it, and the room fills up with ducks, flying everywhere.

“I didn’t wish for a million ‘ducks’,” says bartender.

The customer looks down into his drink in disgust and says, “Yeah, well, I didn’t ask for a ten-inch pianist either.”

TJBM has a good one.

Strauss's avatar

Helium walked into a bar and ordered a drink. The bartender refused. “We don’t serve noble gases here.” There was no reaction.

TJBM will continue the joke trend.

Haha..I love jokes, lets see…

A man throws a costume party with the theme of come dressed as an emotion.

The first guest arrives and there is a knock on the door, the party host opens the door to see a man dressed all in red.
” and what are you” he asks.
The party guest replies, ” I am red with rage.”
“Come on in” says the party host.

After a few minutes there is another knock on the door and the party host opens the door to see a man dressed all in green.
“and what are you?” says the party host.
” I am green with envy ” replies the guest.
“Come on in” says the host.

Soon there is a third knock on the door and the host opens the door to find a man standing on his porch completely naked with only a pear stuck on the end of his penis.
” I am fucking despair” says the guest. :-p

TJBM likes this joke.

Seek's avatar

Haha!

An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar. The first orders a beer, the second orders half a beer, the third orders a quarter of a beer and so on.

After the seventh order, the bartender pours two beers and says, “you fellas ought to know your limits.”

Tjbm hates math but enjoys math jokes.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Of course, as long as it’s easy to understand.
TJBM will tell a joke everyone can understand.

What do you get when you cross a donkey with an onion?
Most of the time you get an onion with floppy ears, but….
every once in awhile you get a piece of ass that brings a tear to your eye. :-D

TJBM will write a limerick.

Seek's avatar

On the breasts of a barmaid in Sale
Was tattooed the prices of ale
And on her behind
For the sake of the blind
Was the same information in Braille.

TJBM has another one

There once was a man form Bel Air
who was doing his wife on the stair
but the banister broke
so he doubled his stroke
and finished her off in mid-air.

TJBM thinks we are on a roll here this morning.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Yeah! I roll my back laughing and my eyes thinking.
TJBM thinks we need more jokes.

Serial killer jokes maybe?

What did Jeffrey Dahmer sing in the way to his refrigerator?
” My bologna has a first name….”

TJBM thinks we need a new jokester to enter the thread.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

..and a new thread.

“Subsequent investigations showed that while he lived in Germany, Dahmer sold arms to the Iraqis.”

TJBM has another.

Stinley's avatar

I have another thread. I made a mistake with the number so it’s No.67 Mark II.
TJBM is coming over?

ibstubro's avatar

I might wait until we can all 69.

TJBM wants a daisy chain this spring.

dxs's avatar

Maybe. I don’t know what that is.
The Jelly below me missed this whole thread.

Nope, I’ve been here every long minute. lol
TJBM is movin’ on now to pt. 68 never to return.

ibstubro's avatar

Ha, ha, ha, ha. Impossible. There IS NO pt. 68!

TJBM is psyched about 69, though!

Mimishu1995's avatar

I’m in 69 now.
TJBM will not respond to this thread.

Stinley's avatar

Except to say Part 68 MkII desktop link.

ibstubro's avatar

TJBM has a witty saying about old TJBM threads never dying.

Stinley's avatar

Old threads never die, they just get mothballed?
Stop it now

Strauss's avatar

How do the female moths feel about that?

<<pre-emptive cringe>>

Mimishu1995's avatar

This is neverending…

Magical_Muggle's avatar

wait… so which link is the correct one?

ibstubro's avatar

There is no incorrect TJBM thread! I’ve participated in 3 at the same time.

TJBM thinks that gnat’s nuts are surely smaller than mothballs.

Stinley's avatar

I do
TJBM thinks that gnu nuts are bigger than gnats

Magical_Muggle's avatar

I know that gnats are minature, so I’m going to guess that the answer is yes?

TJBM Will tell us about a funny incident that recently happened

Magical_Muggle's avatar

I thought gnu nuts were like actualy nuts, like walnut sort nuts… boy was I wrong

ibstubro's avatar

A quick one:
I bought a collectable souvenir plate for a friend of mine and realized the name of the town is spelled wrong! Double the fun.

TJBM gives a lot of small gifts that mean more than they cost.

MollyMcGuire's avatar

Not like I used to.

TJBM made a discovery last week that he/she wishes he/she made years ago.