General Question

zhu2614's avatar

How can I open up the growth plates again and bring back the metabolism there to peak performance like a child so you can grow up in height?

Asked by zhu2614 (14points) April 21st, 2016

growth, biology, medicine

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

5 Answers

Seek's avatar

You can’t.

JLeslie's avatar

You can’t. After a certain age it’s too late. When you are young there are some injections you can take to try to increase height. They typically add a few inches.

There also is surgery where you basically are breaking your legs and letting bone grow together longer. That you probably can do at a later age I’m not sure? I don’t know enough about it.

See a specialist/doctor for your options.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

There is a substance called Human Growth Hormone that is used with some success in extreme cases of structural underdevelopment. However, in most countries HGH is highly controlled and very expensive. The main adverse effect, if not used properly, is brain tumors.

JLeslie's avatar

^^I thought HGH has to be used before the growth plates are closed? I’m no expert, I could be wrong.

marinelife's avatar

Not possible without damaging your health.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther