General Question

blobcakes's avatar

Do people who own halfway houses have specific names?

Asked by blobcakes (7points) April 19th, 2017

Are the owners of halfway houses called something (ex. doctor)

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

11 Answers

jca's avatar


Response moderated (Unhelpful)
zenvelo's avatar

Most halfway houses (for people in recovery or re-entering after incarceration) are owned and operated by non-profit organizations, not individuals.

Response moderated (Off-Topic)
Response moderated
Response moderated
Response moderated
Response moderated
Love_my_doggie's avatar

@dabbler Not far from where I live, there’s a proprietary halfway house for alcoholic men. The place has a one-strike-and-you’re-out policy; if a resident touches alcohol, even once, he’s tossed onto the street. This isn’t rehabilitation in any way or manner. Of course a recovering addict will stumble and falter; a new life is a process, not something that’s found at 2:00 pm on Tuesday. The entire purpose of this facility is to collect insurance and government payments, not to help anyone.

One of those men was a hairdresser at my beauty shop, also in the neighborhood. He was a terrific guy, had job skills, worked hard, and wanted to recover. He drank once and had to join the homeless population. Nice…

Response moderated (Spam)
Response moderated (Off-Topic)

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther