General Question

What are your favorite podcasts?

Asked by canidmajor (10156points) 6 days ago

I’m considering putting my toe a little deeper into the 21st century as I keep hearing people recommending podcasts. Pretty sure I can figure out how to access these magical things with help from real-life persons, but I’d love to know which ones the people here think are worth listening to, do you have a subscription, all those questions!
Thanks!

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

8 Answers

I have been listening to the twice weekly WTF podcast since 2010. Marc Maron has conversations with comedians, actors, musicians, artists. His most widely listened to podcast was a conversation with President Obama.

I listen to the Writer’s Almanac every morning as I walk to work Garrison Keillor tells a bit of literary trivia followed by a poem, they are 5½ minutes long.

And I like Stuff You Missed in History Class, and History Extra.

The New Yorker Radio Hour is a nice mix of literary discussions, politics, and humor.

A fun one is Ask Me Another, which is a replay of an NPR radio game show that is based on puzzles and wordplay.

And my newest delight is Sawbones, a bit of a look into the weird things of medical history.

I listen to quite a few as I walk (I walk a lot) and also as I drive, which includes two 40 minute drives every week.

Serial (I’ve only listened to season 1)

S-Town (not done with the season yet, but it’s great so far)

Wittertainment.

Try searching for spoken word on YouTube. I’m a storyteller. Spoken word is storytelling.

And if you’re brave enough, watch this one.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vbSdaO9-92w

“Previously Recorded Live”, and The Nerd Crew.

Aaron Cleary… consulting. He’s right wing and swears a lot.

Thanks, people, I’ll look into these!

NPR Only a Game
KCRW Left, Right, and Center
The Show About Science
The Infinite Monkey Cage
Scott Sigler Audiobooks
Escape Pod

For starters

Answer this question

Login

or

Join

to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
or
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther