Mimishu1995's avatar

Who cares to play TJBM game, The Jelly Below Me, #80?

Asked by Mimishu1995 (14249points) 1 week ago

The game rules are:
Respond to the question/statement from the poster above.
Ex: I might make the statement:
“The Jelly below me is a cheese addict.”
The response might be:
“False! Cheese killed my family!”
or,
“True! I live on cheese.”
Then they might state:
“The Jelly below me likes sleeping.”
There are no right or wrong answers, so be as creative as your heart desires.
Happily, this is becoming the Never Ending TJBM Game. Tradition now suggests that a Jelly re-start the question when we reach about 500 responses. Hopefully almost all the Jellies will join in.
Enjoy!

TJBM will give Mimi a big smile and say Thank You!”

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

BIG SMILE & THANK YOU!

TJBM will kick off with an interesting story about… ?

Mimishu1995's avatar

Thank you two :D
... why there are so many Vietnamese with Nguyen surname. In the 18th century a king with Nguyen surname started his reign, and it was one of the longest king reigns in Vietnam history, lasting until Ho Chi Minh declared the independence in 1945. During that time people started changing their surnames to honor the king or kings. Because the reign was so long, so many people ended up having Nguyen as their surnames.
TJBM has another story.

NomoreY_A's avatar

More interested in your story, I’m a big history buff. Thank you, that was fascinating. TJBM will break out his /her guitar, and we will sing camp fire songs.

Name that tune Nomore….

TJBM will name that tune.

NomoreY_A's avatar

Don’t know the name, but I will whistle few bars. TJBM will start this hoedown.

Strauss's avatar

{Sings to guitar…}
“The Free Mexican Air Force,
”(Mescalito is riding his white horse)
“And the Free Mexican Air Force is flying tonight!”

TJBM is familiar with that song.

NomoreY_A's avatar

Maybe I is, maybe I ain’t. I’m heading for a bomb shelter. Hope I can find a spot next to a pretty senorita. Come and hide by my side if you love me, do not hasten to tell me adieu, just remember the Rio Grande Valley, and the cowboy who loved you so true. Se habla espanole? Never mind, the bombs are dropping. Damn that Chump. TJBM will go defend the Alamo. I’ll be along after a spell.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Flyin’ so high, yiii, yeee, ahaaaaaaaa!
...And the Freeeeee Mex-ee-can Air Force is Flyin’ toniiiieeeeet!

Good one, Strauss. Nice.

If TJBM hasn’t heard a song for long, long time, a song that reminds them of a special time never to be recaptured, it can bring a tear to their eye.

Sometimes yes, I do have a lot of fond memories.

TJBM has fond memories of their life thus far.

NomoreY_A's avatar

Don’t we all? But they don’t include being bombed and strafed by some Free Mexican Air Force. How long you think squirrel guns and muzzle loaders can stand up to that? TJBM will unload some more fond memories on us.

Strauss's avatar

Free Mexican Air Force wss written by Peter Rowan, the same songwriter who brought us Panama Red.

I was on staff at a festival where he played. I met him at a campfire where I was playing my accordion. He started playing “Free Mexican Air Force”. That song had been one of my favorites for a long time. So I proceeded to “accompany” him…but forgot how wasted I was! I played all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order, and at an overpowering volume that was out of control!

TJBM has another story.

NomoreY_A's avatar

LOL @Strauss It’s ok pal, we’ve all been there, I’m sure you did your best. I belted out a karaoke version of this one night at a party – https://youtu.be/EhN2E4hRDKk TJBM will describe how they embarrassed themselves musically at one time or other.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

“I played all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order” LOL.

Patty_Melt's avatar

When I was a teen, back during an ice age, I was to sing in my Church. My lips moved, but no sound came out. The pianist played the whole song, smiling sweetly, and not one note came out of me.
Everyone was sweet about it.
TJBM is having some candy now.

Strauss's avatar

No, having a beer and some crunchy Cheetos. Sometimes ya just gotta have something that tastes good!

TJBM is enjoying Friday night with family/friends/etc.

Mimishu1995's avatar

I spent my Friday night sleeping early for work :(
TJBM has a busy life.

AshLeigh's avatar

Lately, yes.
TJBM can draw.

snowberry's avatar

Somewhat

TJBM has a pet that hates water.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

I’ve barn cats and they hate water big time. They hate it so much that when a big tropical rain is coming, they suddenly hunker down and become invisible in the barn. THey are great barometers. They have a communal nest of straw with tunnels up in the loft and that’s where you find them just before and during a downpour.

TJBM has had a problem with a bank lately

No but I am having a problem getting an authorization for a medical test, freaking has been weeks, damn healthcare crap.

TJBM hopes they just randomly drop dead and avoid protracted medical needs.

snowberry's avatar

Sounds good. I don’t trust my govmint to take care of my health. Hasn’t happened yet. Won’t happen in the future.

^ You might need memory care right now, LOL…you forgot TJBM.

TJBM is forgetful.

Patty_Melt's avatar

Today I am trying to recover from last night’s shopping. Ugh, darn near like a hangover. Well, I have banana Twinkies to help me through it.
Wait, what was the question?
TJBM would like to shoot JG Wentworth and watch them slow bleed to death. Damn commercials. If I am ever in an accident, and they try asking questions to test my mental acuity, I think when they ask my phone number, it will start with 1–877…

snowberry's avatar

LOL @Coloma!

I think their commercials are well done, but they run the same ones too often. Still, it doesn’t bother me because I don’t watch much TV except under duress.

TJBM is @Strauss

Strauss's avatar

You mean “877 Cash Cow?”

TJBM thinks there’s no difference between “psychic” and “psychotic”.

snowberry's avatar

Hahaha! ^^^

A psychotic psychic. ” I see you dying in a small dark room with a, wait, I see a crystal ball on a table.” LOL

TJBM is feeling peachy after having a plum.

No, I’m “perfect” after having a handful of peanuts.

TJBM just had a snack too.

I did, actually a bunch of snacks as I missed breakfst. Fruit, chews, a yogurt and a few sun chips. Grazing.

TJBM has completed their daily stuff and is now hiding in the AC for the rest of the afternoon.

Patty_Melt's avatar

Slow start to my day, and I suffer from the heat easily. I’m sheltering in the AC to enable me to be productive this evening.
TJBM believes psychotheraputic psychics would be a great gig.

Mimishu1995's avatar

No, because it’s too much of a mouthful for me :D
TJBM will come to my graduation ceremony.

Wish I could @Mimishu1995 !

TJBM Had an accident in the kitchen recently. (I had a shelf come off its plastic pins last night ; had three one pint glass mini casseroles and one crystal glass land on my face and head, only lost the crystal glass).

Patty_Melt's avatar

Ouch! No, I have been especially cautious of my kitche activities since a chain of mishaps some time back.
@Mimishu1995, here is the best I can do. Congratulations.
TJBM will join the party.

Congratulations Mimi! Yay!

TJBM will play a song for @Mimishu1995 graduation!

Edit from my post a couple up. I had cashews not chews LOL

Strauss's avatar

How about an accordion version of Pomp and Circumstances

TJBM thinks that might not be what TJAM had in mind.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

LOL. I have no idea what is attractive to the Vietnamese ear.

Congratulations Mimi!

TJBM has a graduation story

CunningFox's avatar

Not really, I was home schooled so I didn’t really get a graduation ceremony for high school graduation, but I did have a party at a pizza place. (Congrats @Mimishu1995. HS or college grad coming up?)

TJBM was at the top of their class.

Mimishu1995's avatar

@CunningFox it’s the end of college.
Thanks all! I just came back from the ceremony. it was raining cats and dogs, and the ceremony was outdoor! We were all exhausted and wet but we laughed a lot. I’m going to miss my good time with my friends at school :(
And I wasn’t the top of the class, but in tge end who’s going to care?
TJBM remember their school time.

snowberry's avatar

I do. I’d rather forget it.

TJBM is in fine fettle this morning, and they had to look it up to know what exactly was fine! Ha!

Too soon to evaluate, only been awake for about 15 minutes and only ⅔rds of a cup of coffee. Ask me again in an hour.

TJBM is knee high to a Giraffe.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

If their knees are 6 feet high, or so, yes.

TJBM knows the many ways to use the leaves of the Aloe Vera cactus medicinally.

Some, maybe not all. I rescued a couple little Aloe plants at a yard sale last year. They were planted in little plastic cups only about 3 inches big and now they are HUGE, about a foot across. I call them the Aliens. haha

TJBM has a friend coming over today.

snowberry's avatar

Nope.

TJBM has animals. Tell us about them.

CunningFox's avatar

I do have animals. Two dogs, a goat, and some chickens. One dog is very old, and the other is very young. Both are girls and both are well behaved pups!

TJBM also has animals/pets and wants to tell us all about them.

Oh my..well, I have 2 cats ages 8 & 11 and a 19 yr. old pet goose I raised from a gosling, but…I live on a 7 acre horses property and we have 8 horses here, a bottle fed pet calf, a red sand sheep, 30 chickens, 3 dogs and another 2 cats between the 3 houses here Quite the animal farm not counting the scads of lizards, snakes, frogs, gophers, mice, squirrels rattlesnakes and other assorted critters in the zone. LOl

TJBM has a pond in their yard or lives near one.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Not very near, but there are two ponds 5 minutes ride away from home. They used to be called “the nose killers” because they smelled so awful! Then somehow they lost the smell. At one point they became fishing ponds. Nowadays no one gives a shit about them anymore.
TJBM has a funny story associated with a place.

snowberry's avatar

We took our new camper out to give it a shake down. But for some reason we ended up picking one of the hottest days in the year. Granger Lake Campground was a government run outfit on a reservoir. When we got there and got all set up I wandered around to aquatint myself with the place.

I noticed signs in prominent places all around cautioning water safety. “Oh that’s nice,” I thought. “They have a beach!” But there was no beach. They had several other campgrounds on the lake and maybe there was swimming there, but unless you wanted to go swimming in murky water in the bushes with the water moccasins (poisonous snakes) or on the boat ramp there was nothing where we were.

It was extremely hot there (104°F+) We noticed that many of our neighbors had brought kiddie pools, but sometimes they didn’t even have children! Either they lay in them with a beer or they used them to cool off their dogs. Other people brought a hose and sprinkler for their kids to run through. This put a whole new twist on water safety for me. We never dreamed we needed to provide our own water to practice water safety in!

TJBM has an unusual camping or water story.

NomoreY_A's avatar

All I have really, is one night when me and a bud were out driving around late one night, and ended up at LCRD Dam outside of Austin. We were drinking beer and bsing, when I heard a splash in the water, then my friend freaks out, says lets get out of here, and runs to his truck. I asked what happened and he said he saw something weird but wasn’t sure what it was. Kind of got me flipped out as well, even though I didn’t see what had caused the splash. He was a level headed guy too, we’d been buds since High School, and he wasn’t given to making up wild stories. Vey strange night. TJBM will tell us another strange tale of camping or carousing, or both.

Patty_Melt's avatar

When I was little, we had a small state park in our county which was fun to visit. There was camping, some great hiking trails, a beach set up for swimming in the lake, small boat rentals.
For a couple of summers my mom worked in the concession stand there. It was just under one hundred stone stair steps to get from the concession shack down to the beach.
My brother and I loved being able to spend our days there, all summer long.
One morning, during a particularly rainy season, we were driving the narrow, quiet, tree lined road which led into the park. There was some flooding. Ditches were filled, and in some places water glimmered clear across the road. As we approached a small bridge which crossed one of the many creeks to feed the lake, we could see the creek had swollen well above the road level. At a depth of six inches or so, the creek flowed rapidly across the road for a distance of at least ten feet either end of the little stone bridge. My mom stopped to gauge whether it would be safe to drive through all that water. It was a moot point, as there was nowhere to turn around, and backing out on the winding narrow road would not be safe. So, there we sat, for a little while watching. Then, a big fish, at least two feet long, struggled to cross the road with the current, the water not actually deep enough to cover its head. I saw its struggle, and knew this would be hella fishing story. Never mind the thing was big as tiny little me, I declared I was going for it. That was when my mom decided to drive, or lose a kid. She crept the car forward, and we made it.
TJBM has an impressive fishing story.

NomoreY_A's avatar

LOL – Well, I can’t call it impressive, how about annoying? I remember fishing down on the Gulf Coast of Texas once, not far from Galveston. My brother, my brother in law, and myself, had been fishing off of a pier, but I wasn’t having much luck due to the pier being crowded with people fishing. So I took off on my own, put on my waders, and walked off to find a more isolated spot on the beach. Big mistake, I got swarmed by stupid ass seagulls, swooping down to snag my bait every time I cast out. I finally got frustrated and just went back to the pier. TJBM will tale us another story about some dumb ass birds.

Waaay back in 1998 I volunteered for a local wild life rescue and was on the list for rescuing waterfowl and waterfowl advice. A woman had found this tiny, less than 2 weeks old, gosling wandering alone in the middle of nowhere and rescued him. she brought him to me through the wildlife group and since he was a domestic goose, a white chinese, I raised and kept him. He is super imprinted on me as goslings will be when raised by humans. ‘Marwyn” is no dumb bird, he is very smart and knows about 20 words and commands.

I have joked over the years that he is the best “dog” I have ever had. Marwyn just turned 19 this month. Long live the worlds coolest goose!

TJBM likes Crows and knows how smart they are.

Patty_Melt's avatar

Crows are smart alright. I would say I respect them more than like them though. Their problem solving is impressive.
A few years ago I unwittingly trained some which hung out near my apartment building.
Everyday, bringing my daughter home from school they’d be ravaging the picnic area, a cacophany of crow conversation would permeat the area. One day, I shouted, “HEY!” then pursed my lips, and sealed the gesture with a finger, I said ssshhhhh. The sounds had stopped when I shouted. My daughter thought it was funny, so I started doing it every day. One day I was tired, didn’t feel like shouting. I just did the ssshhh. They all fluttered upward quietly to roosts as they had the other days, waited for us to pass before returning to their picnic scraps. It was then I realized they were no longer being hushed because they were startled by my shout, but because they learned my daily ritual.
Silly damn birds.
TJBM has a trained animal story they can share.

NomoreY_A's avatar

I had a dog when I was a kid, that we had trained to “shake hands” and to stand up and “beg” for table scraps, that’s about all. Nothing spectacular and millions of other people have dogs who can do the same thing. It was fun to watch her doing though. TJBM will go on a rant that dogs can be trained, cats can’t. LOL

That’s why I like cats, they don’t take orders from anyone. haha

TJBM has cabin fever from being trapped indoors too much from a heat wave the last few weeks.

NomoreY_A's avatar

Hell I wish. Between working around my yard at home, and working all weekend on my “Part tine” job, I wish I could get a dose of cabin fever. Lock me in an air conditioned room and throw the key away. TJBM hates yard work.

I don’t mind some yard work, I actually like pruning and pulling weeds but not raking and shoveling.

TJBM has bushes shaped like circus animals.

NomoreY_A's avatar

Not me, I gave up on fancy pants plants when my wife’s rose bushes got eaten by a couple of horses and numerous goats, when we had a place in the country. And we were proud of our roses, we put a lot of work into them and they were doing well, and we had a wide variety. TJBM will discuss another case of crazy critters.

The new sheep here, “Piney”, which I call ” Retardo”. LOL
She escaped her corral the other day and the gate to the pool/patio was cracked. She barged in and started eating the rose bushes and I nabbed her just before she sucked up my pink morning glories that are just starting to climb the fence. Whew!

Baaaad sheep, baaaaad!

TJBM has a few derogatory nicknames for their animals at times.

NomoreY_A's avatar

Don’t get me to cussing. I do refer to my cat as shit for brains at night, when she claws on the bedroom door and wakes me up, so I can let her out to do her business. TJBM will now change topics away from animals. Pick a topic, any topic.

Mimishu1995's avatar

I hate storm. How about you?
TJBM will answer.

NomoreY_A's avatar

I enjoy a storm once in a while. Just sitting in my yard watching the sky get dark, and lightening in the distance. I hate getting caught in one when I’m driving though. Lightening is always a threat around here, and you can’t see out the damn wind shield. TJBM will describe what they like / hate about rain storms.

I love wild, crazy, thunder and lightening and downpours, I hate gloomy drizzle.

TJBM’s week is starting out irritating. Fuck, I just had to go to 3 different stores to find an item that was out of stock in the 1st 2. Grrr.

Patty_Melt's avatar

Irritating is going to come for me in two or three days.
TJBM knows that cats CAN be trained, but not usually in rain srorms.

Haha..yes, mine are trained to come running when I yell “Breakfast!” “Breakfast” is the catch all phrase for the Fancy Feast dinner at about 5 o’ clock when I want them pussies rounded up for the night before the Coyotes come out. LOL

TJBM lives in Coyote land.

NomoreY_A's avatar

We do have coyotes around this area, unfortunately a lot of them are in, or close to, residential areas. Particularly in Austin. TJBM will entertain us with stories of what wild critters live in or nearby their own area.

Everything except bears. They do wander down here now and then but are usually another 1–2 thousand feet higher in elevation. Foxes, Coyotes, Bobcats, Mtn. Lions, raccoons, Skunks, Opossums, all kinds of birds, canada geese, vultures, hawks, and, the most worrysome right now are the rattlesnakes. It’s been really hot so they are coming out after dark, really gotta watch your step and keep your eyes open if you’re walking around at dusk and after dark.

TJBM is a risk taker and wears sandals in rattlesnake land. haha

NomoreY_A's avatar

Nope, I always wear western boots or work boots in snake country. Don’t have time for hunting anymore, so rarely get out into the open country these days anyway. But I hate snakes, my niece was bitten by a rattler when she was a child, and almost died. Luckily she pulled through with no ill effects, other than having some minor plastic surgery on her leg to remove the scar, after she reached adulthood. TJBM will tell of a encounter they have had, of the venomous critter variety.

Strauss's avatar

On a ranch in Texas, I went out to a tool shed to grab a pair of pliers. I had left them on the workbench within reach of the door, so I did not need to step into the shed. Opened the door, reached in to grab said pliers, went to close door, could not close it. Looked down at bottom of door, and then I heard the familiar sound of the rattlesnake trying to use the same door to exit! Luckily, there was a snake noose within reach in the shed for just such an eventuality…I put that tool to _good_use that day, and set the snake free about 1000 yards away from the shed in a thicket of mesquite.

TJBM has a wildlife story to tell (no, not your sorority/fraternity tales!).

About 15 years ago one of my pet geese had a bobcat try to run off with her. I was JUST getting ready to go out and lock them in their barn about 6 pm on a winter night when I head them shrieking. Ran out to see a Bobcat trying to haul my big girl goose over the fence. When i ran out yelling it dropped her and I rushed her to an emergency vet.

She has a spinal cord injury from, literally, having her neck wrung and was put on all kinds of medication and we had to gavage feed her for about 3 weeks while she regained her balance. She couldn’t tip her head up to eat and drink without falling over. She made an almost full recovery but always walked with a list after that. She also survived having a 3 legged Coyote try to drag her off another time, right in front of me while the geese were out in the yard and I was washing my car.

I ran after the Coyote and hit it over the back with a big stick and it finally let go of her. She had sat down and dug her feet into the deep pine needles on the hill and the Coyote couldn’t drag her easily. She survived again and lived another 8 years. Lucky the Coyote only had 3 legs or he might have made off with her.

TJBM will tell us what the temp is in their zone today.

NomoreY_A's avatar

Poor little goose… temp is at or about to crack 100 F. I’d run around in hillbilly mode if I could, but seems the won’t let you in any stores now days shirtless. So if I have to go somewhere, I just sweat like a hog. TJBM will torment us with how cool and pleasant their area is today.

Heh. It’s 100 here too, I hate it. LOL

TJBM likes cooler weather over hot.

NomoreY_A's avatar

100 Degrees everyplace, it seems. Old Man Summer is on a roll. Yup, I do like fall, such as it is down here. Cool weather is much preferable, but when one of those northers blows in, with that freeing ass wind chill, I’ll probably be waiting for summer again. LOL TJBM will continue this weather preference thread. All I can say, is 100 % chance of weather today.

No, the weather is what it is, even when its shitty LOL

TJBM tell us what they have in their junk drawer.

NomoreY_A's avatar

Not really junk, just some old arrow heads I have had for years, some old batteries, an ancient pocket knife, and some drawings the grand kids have brought home to me from school the last few years. I’m sentimental about things like that. TJBM will possibly be some one other than me and Coloma LOL

CunningFox's avatar

I think I am?

TJBM ate some good food today.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Is rice good?
TJBM is preparing dinner.

Patty_Melt's avatar

Rice is good, but what one has with it is more of a determining factor. (Did you eat only rice?)
I am not preparing dinner. I am up in the middle of the night because I woke struggling to breathe.
I wanna new body.
TJBM is sometimes afraid of their own body.

snowberry's avatar

No, but it doesn’t always work like the manual said it would!

TJBM hopes that @Patty_Melt is feeling better, just like I do.

NomoreY_A's avatar

Of course, that’s a frightening statement. Sounds like Sleep Arathmia, or whatever they call that disorder. TJBM will tell us the actual name of that sleeping disorder.

Patty_Melt's avatar

Sleep apnea.
Right now I am bothered by glop in my lungs. After a recent cold, the congestion did not go away. I chalked it up to allergies, and hoped it would soon end. My lungs are so full I can hear them rattle and squeak when I lie down. Is that pneumonia?
I would have been to the doc by now, but my usual ride is vacationing. Guess I better look at other possibilities. It is too far away for a cab. I don’t have thatkind of money. sigh I thought I would just try to wait it out.
Thanks for the kind thoughts.
Let’s switch to fun.
TJBM will tell us, during the next 24 hours, they would druther (mimi, that is country for rather) : go fishing, have sex, get blind drunk, or attend a society party.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Attend a society party. It’s the only thing I can do without getting any heat fro anyone. Oh, fishing is fine too, but there’s nowhere to fish here :( Beside, I need hangout to keep in touch with friends before we all forget having even met.
TJBM has a good social circle.

NomoreY_A's avatar

Nah, my wife ran all of them off years ago. As did my girlfriends prior to that. My social circle consisted of old high school buds who liked to drink and carouse all night. Women always seem to have issues with that. Sure was fun while it lasted though. TJBM will commiserate with me. Or not.

Not. Yep, women have issues with immature men that can’t give up the ghosts of parties past and want to keep re-living their high school days for decades past, what should have come to an end 20 years sooner. LOL

TJBM hates a sloppy drunk.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Oh, man, the bane of my existence as a captain of a sloop for hire. For some godforsaken reason, land people think that salt water and alcohol mix. They are dead fucking wrong and I won’t tolerated a person onboard who can’t handle their grog. Many a time I’ve had to put her into the wind and circle around to do the figure 8 maneuver for a man overboard. What a pain in the ass.

And recently, I had the cops waiting at the pier to arrest a man for sexually assaulting a woman on board. .It interrupted a fine trip to Bequiia, made us late, and put a damper on what should have been a fine experience for all on board this pretty little yacht on the blue Spanish Main.

I hate drunks with a passion, I have no mercy for them and, seriously, if it didn’t cost me life in prison, I would have dumped many of them overboard on the high seas, They are weak and are usually oblivious to the damage they do to everybody around them including those who have ever loved them. They raise damaged children, they are a danger to themselves and others at sea and in every environment they enter. At best, they are an inconvenience everywhere they go, from dropping their change in line at the grocery store, to stumbling out in front of cars in the middle of the street. Basically, they make this world a totally fucked place for everyone else.

TJBM hates drunks.

I do, nothing wrong with having a few but know your limit and yes, I hate the sloppy, slurry drunks, the maudlin, usually female, start crying drunks, the sloppy, let me hug you drunks, fucking get out of my personal space, the loud and obnoxious drunks, the can’t sing but sing anyway, read loud and obnoxious again and I especially hate those that end up puking on themselves, or others. Thank god I have not had to be around any stupid, sloppy, loud, obnoxious drunks for years.

TJBM can think of other obnoxious drunk behaviors.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

The waste of family wealth.

On my father’s side, I come from a long line of drunks. Privileged drunks. After the Revolutionary War, they drank and gambled themselves out of fine cotton land in coastal lowlands of Virginia and were forced to start over again as tradesmen in Baltimore.

From the mid-19th century onwards, after an industrious German married into the family, they were owners of the largest slate quarry outside Baltimore. Many of the civic buildings in Baltimore that still exist today and nearly all of the slate steps in front of the row houses built up to the early 1920’s, were made of slate from my family’s quarry.

But, the German had seven sons late in life who were born to privilege, went to some of the finest scholastic institutions in the North and the South, never had to work a day in their lives and managed to party and drink away the quarry and accompanying fortune by the mid 1920’s.

The youngest son was my fraternal grandfather, a hopeless drunk who spent all his time in seedy bars throughout the depression when he should have been home raising his family in which he housed in a slum in Baltimore—having long since lost his portion of the family fortune. They lived on the charity of aunts and the Catholic Church.

He would drink in a bar until it closed, go home in the middle of the night, beat his wife, then work his way down from the oldest child to the youngest, then crash on the couch in the livingroom and shit himself in his stuporous sleep. My father and his older sister would have to clean up the mess before going to school in the mornings. Their father, still enraged from the night before would take swings at them while they did this.

When the old man was in hospital on his death bed in 1954, my father drove like a madman from California to Baltimore to visit him one last time. His father told him that he never loved him, that my father would never amount to anything. Unbeknownst to this motherfucker, my old man had earned his Bachelor’s degree on the GI bill and had a very good gig in the aerospace industry. But the experience still bothered my old man for the rest of his days.

Needless to say, my grandfather’s kids grew to be some very screwed up adults.

My father, was the exception. He had one helluva temper, but he was smart, judicious and somehow knew how to raise a family properly without passing on the curse. And he married an extremely smart and wonderful woman to make up for his faults.

I was lucky as hell to have those two as my parents. My Baltimore cousins grew up just as fucked up as their parents. Some were able to salvage their lives once they left the family nest, but others lived lives made of depression, unloving and unhappy relationships and missed opportunities.

Drunks cause generational emotional and economic damage way beyond the times in which the live.

TJBM also had drunks in their family.

I had one. She quit drinking long ago, but she’s still a mental mess. I am just glad she never had kids.

TJBM wants to go back to bed now.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

I usually have lunch, then take a short nap. It’s 4:30pm here. This is my coffee time. Second shift, second wind. It is raining cats and dogs, but usually this is when I ride back out to the meadow and bring in the sheep. Today, they are safely in the barn. Time to check on them and feed the chickens. My work dogs are restless because it has been raining for days. I’ll wrestle with them to wind them down, then make dinner for all of us. Life is good.

TJBM is having a good day.

NomoreY_A's avatar

Not to bad at all. Drove my son up to Fort Worth to his job, his car being in the shop with issues as yet unknown. Two of my grand kids are here, and I’m about to fill up the kiddie pool in the yard for them. And while I sit in the shade on the porch and watch them, I can also keep an eye out for the hummingbird my wife saw at the feeder yesterday, but which seems to shun me. TJBM is having a good day as well.

I am, except for a major allergy flare up that is making me feel rather out of it. On a great note, it is only about 88 degrees today after days of 95–100+. Sooo, guess what? I am making my delicious pasta sauce with a bunch of garden veggies and am finally getting my spaghetti dinner craving tonight after living on cold fruit and sandwiches for days. Mmmmm, pasta and marinated lemon cucumbers from the garden.

TJBM loves cucumbers of all kinds.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

I do. Cucumbers freshen every dish that they are thrown into. Especially in hot weather. “Cold as a cucumber” isn’t just an off-the-wall phrase. There is truth in that. And watermelon. You gotta plan ahead and plant plenty of watermelon to get you through the summer.

I was talking to a fellow Floridian, born and bred, the other day. In his early twenties, he had laid cable in Northern California. I remembered those summer days in Sacramento when the mercury would hit 110F in the shade and he described the same temps while working out in the hot San Joaquin Valley sun.

Not to denigrate those who are suffering in that heat at the moment, but we laughed about that mild climate compared to the humid ones we grew up in and the tropical clime we live in now. 96F at 96 percent humidity would kill you guys, I swear to god. LOL. I’m not kidding. Although it will rarely reach 100F here, or in Florida, it is much, much hotter than anywhere west of the Mississippi.

But I know what you must be going through when you’re not aclimated to warmer weather. I do sympathize. Extreme heat is a bitch no matter where you live. The answer is water. Water on the inside and water on the outside. Drink it and immerse yourselves in it. I have an extra gallon of it with me at all times and frequently pour it over my head throughout the day. And Shy appreciates that as well.

TJBM would prefer ice and snow to tropical heat.

Patty_Melt's avatar

Yes. I suffer heat exhaustion easily these days. I’ve been sleeping during the day lately so I can be comfortable more easily when I’m awake.
TJBM will treat the snow like sand this winter, take a bucket and shovel outside, and build a sand castle, and make ice popsicle soldiers. Swear it.
SWEAR IT.

snowberry's avatar

Suuuure. In Austin? Not likely. We’re fortunate to get a little ice on the driveway! TJBM never forgets to write TJBM! Honest injun?

I never forget to write TJBM, as long as I’ve actually remembered to write a question to TJBM.

TJBM sometimes amazes them selves with flashes of brilliance…but then try to get out of the car with their seat belt on!

NomoreY_A's avatar

Don’t know about flashes of brilliance, but I have tried getting out of my vehicle with seat belt still buckled, and I always go on a rant, about how I hate freakin’ seat belts, blah blah. LOL. @snowberry I grew up in Austin, and yeah – get a little sleet in that area , well anywhere in Central Texas, they shut the world down. We don’t know how to drive in that stuff. TJBM will describe how sleet is nothing to what they deal with in winter.

CunningFox's avatar

Yeah….northern Midwesterner here. Your puny little sleet is nothing compared to the crap winters we have. Haha.

TJBM has it EVEN WORSE.

AshLeigh's avatar

I’m from Alaska. I laugh in the face of winder.
TJBM has never seen snow.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Somebody please bring snow here please! I will share my rain for you!
TJBM prefers snow to rain.

NomoreY_A's avatar

No, not a big fan of cold weather. And you can keep the rain as well. And to the Alaskan who laughs in the face of winter, go ahead and laugh. I’d be looking for a snug cave with hibernating bears, and tell them to take a number and scoot over. The TJBM has been caught in a rain storm at sea, or on a lake.

Strauss's avatar

I’ll bet Crow has a doozy…mine has to do with monsoon season in the South China Sea.

TJBM will share their experiences of the same.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

LOL. I was holding for you, Strauss. Holding for a horrendous tale of the Western Pacific and South China Sea on your Hospital Ship off Vietnam. Those waters are in an alley of major storms pumped out of the Pacific back to back like an assembly line. One of those nasty things is sitting right on top of Mimi in Da Nang as we speak.

As for me, Hurricanes on the Baltic with 40 foot seas in mid-winter on a ferry/cargo ship. Tropical storms on the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico on a 42 foot sloop. Arrrrr, ‘tis the pirate’s life fer me.

Please go for it, Strauss. I’m up for some fine horror tale at sea.

Mimishu1995's avatar

TJBM got so caught up they forgot TJBM.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Well, while we wait for Strauss to find his logs from that time, we can do this:

TJBM remembers those goddamned automatic seatbelts in the ‘80s that would nearly clip your nose off every time you closed the driver’s side door of your car.

NomoreY_A's avatar

A pox on seatbelts, just a money making racket for seat belt manufacturers. If they were really worried about saving lives, they’d work on mandating safer collision bags, and not allow all of these exploding ones. TJBM will talk about a nice park they have visited.

Strauss's avatar

Yes. There’s a park not far from where I live, appropriately called Mountain View Park. It is on a west-facing hill, just high enough to see the complete Front Range, from Pike’s Peak to the south, all the way to Long’s Peak in the North.

@Espiritus_Corvus I was thinking of my first monsoon season on the hospital ship in the South China Sea. I came on board a non-designated seaman, so naturally my assignment was deck hand. For anyone not familiar with that designation, think outside maintenance. Our job was generally to start painting at the bow of the ship, paint until we reached the stern, and then start all over again. Deck force was also responsible for operation and maintenance of all rigging, cranes, etc., on the exterior of the ship.

I had been on board for about a month when the first storm of the season hit; it was a whopper and came up so fast that it caught even the bos’n chief and officers by surprise. We had to scramble to take down a large tarp that was stretched on the 02 level, which was used by patients and staff as a recreation area.

I don’t remember very many details of the job or the storm, only that the driving rain and wind combined to make me feel colder than I had ever felt in Chicago! When we finally got that tarp taken down and stowed, we were told to assemble in the triage are to meet with the Captain. He had a bottle of his private stock whiskey, and we each were given a shot to chase the chill…and to show his appreciation.

TJBM knows the difference between a fairy tale and a sea story.

Hint: one begins with “Once upon a time”, and the other begins with “This is no shit!”

NomoreY_A's avatar

Once upon a time, and this ain’t no shit, I saw a sea serpent from a safe distance on my schooner. And if you believe that, I have a nice little bridge in Brooklyn, for sale at a reasonable price. TJBM will tell us a mermaid story.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

LOL. You guys forgot, “Hey, you can’t make this shit up, right?”

I haven’t seen any mermaids, not ones with fins, anyway. But long ago, sailors, a necessarily superstitious lot due to the many inexplicable phenomena one finds at sea, and due to the unbearable loneliness one can experience while away from civilization and it’s accoutrements, including women, for very long periods of time, that they mistook dolphins and seals for young sea-maidens, or mer-maidens.

I’ve never been so horny to be driven to the level of delusion and hallucination required to mistake these fine animals for human females. But I can certainly testify that many men have, for there are libraries full of lore containing such experiences.

TJBM has a story about inexplicable phenomena that they have personally experienced.

NomoreY_A's avatar

Only one, nothing much of a paranormal variety ever happened to me. Except for one night when I was in high school, I was doing a report late one night, my mom and siblings were in bed, and my dad got home from working late and asked me to join him on the porch (after my school assignment was done) while he had a beer, and I could have a coke. But after a few minutes, he came in all excited, told me, get out here, I want you to see this! You can finish that in a while! So I went out in the yard to see what he was all worked up about. And up in the sky was a triangular craft, with three pulsating lights. After a minute or so, it shot off at an incredible speed and disappeared from view. I asked dad, hey pop, did we just see a UFO? He told me, well, I never really believed all of that spaceman shit, but yeah – I do think what we saw as from out of this world! TJBM will tell us a paranormal experience they have had in their life.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

I’ve had two similar experiences. Twice I’ve seen lights in the night sky silently cover spaces at impossible speeds, then suddenly make a right angle turn, then stop dead and linger in place. Then they shoot out into space and disappear among the stars. Gone in a flash.

So, I believe you Nomore. It makes no sense and, as far as I know, earthlings have no propulsion mechanism that can travel those distances across the sky at those speeds and we certainly can’t make sharp right angle turns at those speeds. Nothing natural in our sky does that. I really don’t think we have the materials that can withstand that kind of G-force and our bodies certainly can’t either. Even with the highest tech pressure suits strapped into some immobile protective structure inside the vehicle, we would be violently ripped apart and spread all over the inside of the structure. It can’t be done without some way to negate the effects of gravity and centrifugal force.

snowberry's avatar

When I was in high school I watched a bright pink light hover just above a ridge as it traveled swiftly and silently up a mountainside. It was strange, but I was also disturbed that nobody else would even bother to look where I was pointing.

TJBM thought all this sort of stuff was the product of an overactive imagination- until it happened to them.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Not sure about that. I have never experienced any paranormal stuff. But I just hate it when people link everything they think unusual to “the great beyond”. God did it, it was fate, the underworld at work… I just can’t buy into those things.
TJBM has experienced something unexplained and strange.

Yes, it’s called life. Always unexplained and strange. LOL

TJBM has experienced a long, strange, trip.

Well, one time we just drove to Oklahoma and decided to take back roads back. We drove and drove through farm land, fields and pastures. The only sign of life, for about an hour, were cows. No houses, buildings, nothing.
At one point Rick yells, “Where are we?? We can’t be NOWHERE!!” But it sure seemed like it!

TJBM has seen a lot of cows out, loose, on the roads and highways.

Strauss's avatar

You see that a lot in rural areas of the western US. The only fences, but and large, are between along property lines, not so much along roads. When a roadway crosses the fence a cattle guard is used.

TJBM knows what cattle are.

Yep, have one here now, “Porter” our rescue calf. He is doing well, getting some training now to walk on a halter and learn some manners before he weighs 1,500 lbs. LOL

TJBM has heard about the huge fire burning near Yosemite here in CA. It’s bad, smoking us out here this morning but we are fine. Hit 45,000 acres since yesterday afternoon.

I saw a video from an aircraft on the morning new, it looks bad.

TJBM has put on an Indian Pack and fought a wildfire

Patty_Melt's avatar

No, I haven’t. I haven’t experienced fire much. I have been told being born under the sign of the tiger protects me from fire.
Coloma, I remember the choking smoke of the wildfires experienced when I lived in Reno. I sure hope you and stock are okay.
TJBM has a weird goose, and a bull with no clue. Hang on to those doo dads, Porter!

Strauss's avatar

Nope. No goose, no bull…but I just ate a patty melt!

TJBM had an early lunch today.

I did. I don’t eat breakfast so just made a couple veggie bean burritos for lunch here at 11:30 a.m. I m good to go for hours now.

TJBM needs to get a move on but their move on doesn’t want to move yet.

Patty_Melt's avatar

Boyyyyy, you got me pegged there. You be careful outdoors dear. Man I remember that smoke and NOT fondly.
TJBM wants to spend the day floating lazily.

I want to spend the day lying in bed, have wicked allergies from the fire smoke and feel like shit. I can relax after another hour or so of work. Yay!

TJBM is sleepy.

Very very sleepy. It’s 100 outside.

TJBM wishes they were camping.

Fuck no. I quit camping in my 30’s. Now I want a motor home with AC or a cabin, no tent camping.

TJBM hates tent camping and sleeping on the ground.

NomoreY_A's avatar

@Coloma When the going gets tough, the tough get going. TJBM likes to sleep out under the stars, with a can of pork ‘n beans on the camp fire, can’t beat it with a stick.

I would eat the pork n beans before I went to bed so the bars wouldn’t come after me.

TJBM would rather have a tent, or better yet….a camper!

snowberry's avatar

Got it!

TJBM has been told to lose weight.

Only by myself. haha

TJBM has middle age spread.

A little. Not too bad. But I lost five pounds recently, with 5 to go. I need to do some damn sit ups!

TJBM needs to do some damn sit ups!

No, too hard on the back, but I do leg raises. Easier.

TJBM loves to swim.

I do. I especially love teaching chilluns to swim.

TJBM thinks they belong somewhere else.

snowberry's avatar

In the kitchen so dinner doesn’t burn!

TJBM has climbed the Eiffel Tower.

No, but I have climbed the Grand Canyon.

TJBM has been to the Grand Canyon.

Strauss's avatar

One of the few places in the US I have not been. Always wanted to. —(And still want to!)

TJBM has a bucket list.

CunningFox's avatar

(I’ve been to the Grand Canyon, whoo.) No, but I should make one! Every once in a while I’ll see or hear about something and say “That’s going on my bucket list.” but I never actually write anything down to remember it. I think many of the entries on my bucket list will probably involve travel and doing crazy things I’m too scared to do right now. Fear-facing stuff.

TJBM has checked stuff off of their own bucket list because they have one.

I don’t have a bucket list. I think it would be depressing because I’ll never have the money to do the kinds of things I’d put on a bucket list.

TJBM does not have a smart phone.

I don’t.

TJBM has a water garden.

CunningFox's avatar

Water garden?

TJBM is more cultured and less stupid than me and had a water garden.

No. I am just as uncouth and stupid as you @CunningFox! High five!

TJBM wants to join our uncouth and stupid club! “Hold my beer and watch this!”

CunningFox's avatar

Yes, that sounds interesting. Count me in.

TJBM has a funny story involving “Hold my beer and watch this!”

you’re already in it @CunningFox! It’s just you and me right now!

I do but too much to type on my phone so I defer that question to TJBM.

Mimishu1995's avatar

I don’t so I deter the question to TJBM.

Probably but I’ too lazy to skim over 40 something years of memories.

@CunningFox A water garden is pots or a small pond, fountain or other water feature filled with water plants, like reeds, water hyacinth and others..

TJBM likes lizards!

Patty_Melt's avatar

Indeed, I do! I had a horned toad for a pet for a few days. Somebody found it while hiking and just gave it to me. Even though it was wild, it was totally cool about me. It tried to get away for the first few minutes, but soon settled down and sat on my lap and watched tv with me.
I couldn’t get it to eat, so I ended up turning it loose.
I named it Sadie.
TJBM has or has had a scaley friend.

snowberry's avatar

When I moved to Texas I discovered lizards everywhere. And I like ‘em!

TJBM isn’t afraid of animals with scales.

NomoreY_A's avatar

Can’t stand creepy crawly scaley snakes. TJBM is getting up and smelling the coffee.

Mimishu1995's avatar

I get home worn out from work and I smell dinner.
TJBM thinks time zone is a pain in the ass.

Yes, and I also do not like daylight savings time, just leave the time alone.

TJBM has a doctor appt. today.

Patty_Melt's avatar

No, but I need to.
TJBM has pain, and it is staring to make them cranky.

Not really pain but feel tired, achey and have major sinus pressure and puffy eyes from the bad, smokey, air quality here. I opened up the house around 10 last night, big mistake, the smoke is settling here in the hills in the mornings. Woke up about 5 a.m. feeling like I couldn’t breather well, it was horrible.

TJBM is sensitive to air pollution.

Patty_Melt's avatar

I am, indeed. One if the many reasons I left Reno was the wretched smoke. There was a wildfire spreading right into city limits the day I left. I felt like we were fleeing Gomorrah.
We finally got beyond reach in the smoke and got pinned down by a sandstorm, which prompted road closures, and lasted several hours.
TJBM has been in a sandstorm.

No, but I’ve been in dust storms.

TJBM has been in a house that was on fire.

No, thank the freaking gods of fire. Some wildfire scares but, so far, so good.

TJBM likes cheese quesadillias.

Strauss's avatar

This jelly likes cheese anything! Cheese quesadillas, cheese omelettes, cheeseburgers, cheese soup, cheesecake…etc., etc., etc.

TJBM thinks anything will taste better if it’s cheesed, deepfried, baconated, and or chocolate covered.

Cheese and cream cheese yes. Covered in chocolate, depends. Baconated, deep fried, no.

TJBM is losing weight.

No, I am holding steady.

TJBM has nice legs.

Strauss's avatar

They’re muscular and hairy…I walk too much to accumulate any flab. It also keeps my butt so skinny that my BIL once told me I have the condition known as Noassitol
No-ass-it-ol

TJBM has Noassitol.

LOL No, I have plenty of ass, maybe a little too much.

TJBM has too much or something and not enough of something else.

Patty_Melt's avatar

I have too much fat, not enough $$$$$$$.
TJBM would agree that @Strauss’ description of himself above sounds tasty, with or without cheese.

NomoreY_A's avatar

Don’t float that way, but I feel confident that Strauss is a good feller. More a connoisseur of female legs myself. As is TJBM

Strauss's avatar

As am I! I also find flirting to be harmless fun. Except when Mme. Strauss is present…then I flirt only with her!

TJBM has different standards of behavior based on the company present.

No, not really. Especially when I’m with foul mouthed red necks. I turn up the grace and manners a notch.

TJBM would like to have a bar b que with Michelle and Barack and their girls.

Strauss's avatar

I would. Judging from this I’d let them choose the entertainment!.

TJBM likes Chicago-style blues.

Patty_Melt's avatar

Yes, I do.
TJBM is tired of being a fussbudget, and will be more pleasant.

snowberry's avatar

Absolutely!

TJBM likes to eat cereal right out of the box.

Patty_Melt's avatar

Absolutely!
TJBM will understand what I wrote on my profile page, and won’t be surprised that this is my last post for… dunno how long.

Oh my… sorry Patty, well…best wishes then. :-/

TJBM smokes a cigarette now and then.

Mimishu1995's avatar

No. I have been brainwashed too much about how nicotine can destroy my lung already :p But I admit, I have a double standard. I don’t like people smoking im front of me but I think people smoke in movies are cool.
Sorry for bothering you guys with my negativity btw. I just needed some mood boost :(
TJBM has a double standard they are aware of.

Not that I’m aware of, in the moment anyway, but I might. haha

You are fine Mimi..no negativity, you just needed a little boost.

TJBM will post something to keep Mimi’s boost boosted.

snowberry's avatar

My daughter just sent me these. I laughed until tears ran down my face. I hope you like them too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rIePw-Zm9Aw
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1je1ArfP34A

TJBM will post another funny video for Mimi.

^Funny!

Yes, just fund this smiley guy the other day.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecU_ZnUmqNU

TJBM has a pet that smiles.

NomoreY_A's avatar

No, I have a pet that meows, constantly. TJBM is looking for a new kitty. Step right up folks, have I got a deal for you!

No, I am purr-fectly happy with my 2 pussycats right now.

TJBM will tell us what they can hear right now.

NomoreY_A's avatar

My a/c unit whirring. Right outside my den window. TJBM will tell us what they had for breakfast.

Strauss's avatar

Re hard boiled eggs, an almond-poppyseed muffin, and a cup of coffee.

TJBM is ready for the next phase of…

NomoreY_A's avatar

The Trump Circus, Phase Two. Nah, scratch that. The Trump Impeachment, Phase One. Yeah, I like. TJBM is packing for a vacation.

Mimishu1995's avatar

I wish I could, with this amount of work…
Thanks guys for the videos!
TJBM is chilling out.

NomoreY_A's avatar

I’m always chilling out. I’m so laid back, I’m almost dead. TJBM believes work is a great thing. As long as someone else is doing it.

Haha…I’d agree with that, from she who has a full day ahead of her. Ugh.

TJBM is as bald as a grape.

NomoreY_A's avatar

Nope, still got a full head of hair. At times I wish I WAS bald. At my age, who needs it? TJBM is in a good mood today.

Neutral, not good, not bad, mostly just in a “how do I organize my day to make it as easy and efficient as possible” mode. So far it’s not really lining up. LOL

TJBM knows that the smoke from out Yosemite fire here in CA. can be seen in Boise Idaho.

NomoreY_A's avatar

Let’s see how that plays in Peoria. Smokey the Bear says, only YOU can prevent wildfires. TJBM says I’m trying to turn this into a private chat room again. (Wish this place had a functioning chat room). Well, I’m off to watch someone who has work to do.

Mimishu1995's avatar

This thread is meant to be a semi-chatroom anyway :D
TJBM thinks this is a good place for random chat.

Absolutely since even in social we tend to be admonished by a few of the, self appointed, how dare you, actually, you know, engage in a little free flowing conversation. haha

TJBM hates control freaks.

NomoreY_A's avatar

Absolutely. But, they’re no worse than freaks who are out of control. TJBM has places to go. I’m going back to bed.

I do have someplace to go, just not quite yet.

TJBM never goes back to bed unless they are sick.

snowberry's avatar

And then I need to be chained to the bedpost!

TJBM used to be afraid of water. That’s how my dog was. But not anymore! She loves swimmin’!

Nope, I’ve always loved swimming.

TJBM thinks the victims of mentally disturbed people take precedence over the illness of the perpetrator.

snowberry's avatar

Yes.

TJBM has a designer pet.

NomoreY_A's avatar

No, have a pet who has designs to keep me awake with her meowing all night. TJBM is need of a good watch cat. I happen to know where you can get one. Free.

No. I have a German shepherd and a useless border collie and a really mean cat.

TJBM doesn’t have a gun in the house.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Not when holding a gun will land me in jail. But I have a fantasy of owning a gun collection at home.
TJBM has a weird fantasy.

No, I’m not a fantasy type, more of a realist.

TJBM is a realist.

NomoreY_A's avatar

Reality is my middle name. When I’m not having fantasies of being my alter ego, Captain Savage of the Foreign Legion. Defending Fort Sand Fleas in Morocco, from Abdul Crudula and his evil Riff Raff. TJBM has no time for nonsense.

AshLeigh's avatar

True.
TJBM has nothing but time for nonsense.

NomoreY_A's avatar

You called? Ooops, me again. Hey, was that a tortoise? TJBM will tell us about a dream they had.

Actually, I just had a dream a few nights ago that I was flying a small plane and landed it without crashing. I was astounded to find myself alive. haha

TJBM has their pilots license.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

No. That is on a very old bucket list. I’ve flown small craft with the pilot beside me, though. Did some simple maneuvers, nothing wild. Never landed or taken off. Landing is the trick. I think I can handle the three-dimensional navigation and can read the charts. But, I’ve never pursued the opportunity. Flying is even better than sailing in many ways, but I haven’t heard of a proliferation of any modern flying bums like I have sail bums, like myself.

TJBM has had an experience with bed bugs.

Strauss's avatar

A very very short-lived experience. (I moved out the very next afternoon!)

TJBM has had a vermin experience that changed their plans.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Nearly. But I humped it out. I just finished delivering an old yacht to an island a hundred miles north of here. We set out at sunset and I had the day shift at the wheel, so I went below to get some sleep and woke up an hour later being eaten alive. I’ve never seen a bedbug before. I squished one between my thumb and forefinger and it exploded with my own blood covering the tips of both fingers. What a nightmare. We spent the voyage on deck in the rain and got very little sleep. Thank god it was only two days and two nights. My mate, a female, handled it like a trooper.

We arranged for the officials on the recipient island to meet us at their quarantine buoy where we moored as one of their vessels gassed the boat and our private belongings, sprayed us down with a boric acid solution and gave us cover-alls to wear until our clothes were ready. It will all go on the boat owner’s dime.

Lesson learned. Now, during pre-transport inspection, I will always remember to check closely for vermin, besides the usual contraband. I haven’t suffered like that in a very long time.

TJBM knows a nice bedtime story.

snowberry's avatar

@Espiritus_Corvus Try buying a black light flashlight to better search for bedbugs. We just bought one to hunt for scorpions hiding in the house. It’s a good time, and more fun than a bedtime story!

TJBM thinks exploring with a black light flashlight sounds like fun, or at least educational.

Mimishu1995's avatar

EC! Where were you?
Aww Snow. I’m still crafting ny story.
I don’t even know such thing exists. I have to go look around for it.
TJBM has a bedtime story.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

@snowberry THAT is an excellent piece of advice. Thank you. I was wondering how I could do a thorough inspection in good time.

@Mimishu1995 We were delivering an old yacht from St. Lucia to Dominica. The bedding was infested with blood-sucking bedbugs.

snowberry's avatar

@Espiritus_Corvus I just sent this to a friend here.

Hubby bought ours on Amazon, and when you’re looking for something, the stronger the light, the better. I tried searching for “using a black light to hunt for” to see what popped up. There are uses I’ve never thought of. To name a few: testing for counterfeit bills, cat urine, examining antiques and paintings, looking for creepy crawlers while camping. Here’s a link for more.

https://www.thoughtco.com/what-glows-under-a-black-light-607615

According to my searches, you can find bedbugs under black light. But it also says that blood won’t show up unless it’s first sprayed with a chemical. Whether the bedbugs themselves show up or not is a question. I don’t have time to research further on that.

TJBM will tell a bedtime story. Hurry before it’s too late!

Too late, but I could tell a morning story.

TJBM will help free @Mimishu1995 from limbo land.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Patient guys. It will worth it, I swear :)

Strauss's avatar

@Mimishu1995, Here’s a great big smile :D and an even bigger hug.

TJBM will continue and carry on!

Mimishu1995's avatar

Thank Snow. I like it when people keep their promise :)
Disclaimer: man, I didn’t know it could be that long. Hope you have enough patience for it. It could be an episodic story for a kid to look for every night :)
Disclaimer 2: this is something I made up during my recent depression time. Hope it isn’t too dark for you. Hey, it’s a bedtime story so it isn’t that dark right? At least something productive came out of my dark time :)

Once upon a time there was a very very dark and scary jungle. Few had tried to venture inside and those who did ended up badly hurt and scared. Several scary tales from the jungle were told, including a legend of a deadly large monster which could kill anyone in sight instantly. One day there was a brave girl who got curious by the jungle. Despite all warnings from people, she went inside the jungle. She was hurt by the thorns, got attacked by the beasts, lost her way countless time, but she moved on with a strange resilience.
Why was she so foolishly curious? What people didn’t know was that she could see a faith but beautiful light shining in the jungle. A light that only she could see. It was too beautiful for her to resist. Being a stubborn girl, she wanted to know where the source of the light was. People thought of her as being foolish and reckless and thought she was just trying to get some attention as every stupid young did, but she just didn’t care.

Eventually, she found the source of the beautiful light. It turned out the jungle wasn’t just filled with deadly plants and animals. Inside a mass of thorns, there a boy who kept his face hidden in a mask shaped of a wolf. He cuddled inside the thorns and never moved. The wolf mask was intimidaing, but his body was shining beautifully.

The girl called for him and tried to have a conversation, but he immediately backed off at her sight. He posed as a wolf and made wolf sound. The girl was startled at first, but she was not afraid. She was too allured by the light to back out. She reached out to him with her arms. She ignored his warning and the thorns, cutting herself badly in the process, and touched his hand when he was about to attack her.

Suddenly, as soon as the girl touched his hand, the boy stopped fighting. The thorns suddenly disappeared and his mask fell off, revealing a human face. It was the most angelic face the girl had ever seen. Though he tried hard, tears were streaming down his face. The girl gave him a big hug and he cried even more. They sat there embracing each other for hours. The girl fell the warmth and the pleasant aura from the boy and the boy held her much tighter than anyone had to her, as if he was holding on a lifesaver. They started to exchange a friendly conversation. It turned out that the boy was actually the legendary deadly monster people had been talking about. He told her how lonely and scared he was inside the jungle, how surprised he was to finally found someone who was not afraid of him. He continuously sobbed while talking. The girl comforted him and promised to get him out of the jungle once and for all. They set out to escape the jungle.

But something strange happened. The girl realized that the jungle suddenly became bigger and more dangerous. The jungle became darker, the road was harder to see, the beasts became stronger and more vicious. There were also obstacles and traps she didn’t see previously. No matter how hard she tried, she could no longer find the way out. Throughout the journey, the boy held tight on the girl’s arm like a scared kid holding onto its mother. The girl, though tired and frustrated at times, never let go of the boy. She knew everything scared him, and he was putting his life on her. That was the only thing that kept her from succumbing to the jungle’s dark power.

One day, the girl suddenly heard a voice pointing her to a certain direction. The warm voice promised that it would help them get out of the jungle. The boy was immediately skeptical of the voice, but the girl fully believed it. After a lot of persuasion, the boy agreed to go, only if she accompanied him throughout the way. They then arrived at a large gate. The gate looked nothing like the rest of the jungle and it immediately arosed the boy’s suspicion. The voice told the girl to stay outside and let the boy go inside the gate. The boy went into panic and begged the girl to turn back, as it was the first time they had to separate. The girl tried to calm him, saying that the voice had a reason for it and she would not go anywhere. After much comfort and persuasion, the boy nervously agreed and entered the gate.

Once inside, the boy saw where the voice came from. It was a blue raven with shining wings. It led the boy to a big door and told him to open it. “You have to open it yourself. You know what this door is and what I mean by that”, it said. The boy knew what the door was. He was horrified by the sight of it alone. He thought for a moment that the raven wanted harm on him by making him open the door. He promptly put out his wolf mask and attempted to put it on, but the raven violently hit his hand and he dropped the mask, shattering it to pieces. Without the mask, the boy was now in full panic. He cried out and cursed the raven. “What in the world are you? What do you want from me?”, he screamed. “What I am is not important,” the raven said dryly, “I need you to open that door for me, that’s all. You will know what I want from you once you open it”. The boy ran out to the gate, but it was now tightly locked. The boy was furious, but he knew he had no other choice, now that his girl was not around. He gathered all his courage and opened the door.

It was a pitch black room behind the door. There was something inside it that made the boy uncomfortable. The raven flew inside the room and told the boy to follow him. Inside the room, the boy started experiencing horrifying illusions. He saw some big bullies, some nasty kids calling him names and throwing things at him, some angry adults getting irritated at his sight… The illusions broke him and he fell on his knee sobbing. “Why are you making me do this?” He cried. “You know what is inside and you still want me to see it. You enjoy seeing me suffer that much?” “That’s the point of all of this,” the raven said. “I tell you what, boy, you know why there is a room in this place? It is because you deny all what you have just seen. This room is where you put all the regressed memories in one place, lock it up, and pretent nothing has ever existed. You thought by doing so you would be free, but as you can already see, it only ends up hurting you even more. This is why I told you to open the door, even though I know so well what is inside. You have to see it for what it is, to finally accept that it’s there.”

The raven pointed to an illusion. It was an image of a girl approaching the boy in a casual manner, then being put off by the boy. “Look at this,” the raven said. “And think for a while. What is the thing you always say to your little friend outside this room? That’s right, “I’m scared”. You are so wrapped up in your past hurt. You are so convinced that the world is a dangerous place that you put on your wolf mask and are always ready for a fight. Look at that girl. You remember her right? She went away not because she hated you, but because you drove her away in fear that she would harm you. You could have killed your new friend back when you two first met too. You are so selfish with trust that the only trust you ever give anyone is to your friend. That was why everything in this jungle scared you. You refused to believe I was trying to help you two. You refused to let go of your friend for just a second. And with that, you accidentally drive people away, people who could have been great friends and helped you get out of this jungle.”

The boy was silent for a long while. For the first time he was not miserable nor defensive. He let the words of the raven sink in his head. He felt a deep sense of guilt and regret. The raven was right, he could have done better. He could have been a better person than the legendary deadly monster. But before he could say anything, the raven spoke again: “I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking “what have I done with my life?” You think there is no way you can undo the past. It’s true, you can’t undo the past, but you can write a better future. This is why I’m here. I’m here to help you start over and write your future.”

The raven gave its wing to the boy and told him to touch it. The boy, for the first time not resisting anything, obeyed immediately. As soon as he touched the wing, a bright light embraced the two. Suddenly, the boy and the raven were sitting on the most beautiful garden the world had ever seen. It turned out that the jungle was the boy’s creation all along, and now it had been destroyed forever. The boy was filled with joy, the joy he had never experienced before. He could not find any word to express how grateful he was to the raven.

The boy’s friend appeared and the two hugged. They were convinced that all the horrible things were over. The raven commented that the boy was a true gentlement with a big heart, hence the bright light the girl saw. But only certain people could see the light because he intentionally dimmed it for fear of it being abused. Only people who were compassionate enough could sense the light and its beauty. The boy learned a valuable lesson that it was ok to be more generous with trust as the world wasn’t a completely dangerous place. The boy and the girl became best friends forever and the boy grew up to be a man famous for his compassion and generosity.

TJBM has read it all and at one point realized that it is about Spoiler alert: a boy struggling with depression, a sympatheic girl and a wise therapist

Strauss's avatar

No, I haven’t read it all, but I promise before bedtime tonight. What parts I have read are extremely well-written. You are able to use the English language better than a lot of native speakers.

TJBM Is impressed with Mimi’s writings.

Yes, very nice bedtime story Mimi! :-) and the boy and girl both learned you hold the key to unlocking your own chains.

TJBM will make me a sandwich.

snowberry's avatar

Sssure! Whatcha want onit? I fancy lightly toasted whole grain specialty bread, avocado, organic thin sliced roast beef, red onion, spicy ground mustard, arugula, sharp cheddar, and a little mayonnaise.

TJBM will share their ideal sandwich.

Mmmm…I’ll take it, only sub out the roast beef for either hard salami or smoked ham.

My ideal sandwich, too many to list, from garden fresh sliced tomatoe sandwiches on toasted bread to Tuna to egg salad. Ooh…egg salad sounds good to me now. haha

TJBM has practically been living on sandwiches and fruit in the hot weather.

NomoreY_A's avatar

More like heart attack specials and ice water. I hate summer time, can’t wait for fall. Such as it is here. TJBM well describe their favorite sandwich.

NomoreY_A's avatar

My bad, should have read the above, so on edit: TJBM will tell us about their favorite sandwich shop.

Hmmm….I like the Mr. Pickles near my house and sometimes a deli sandwich or Subway. Tuna w/mayo, lettuce,tomatoes and peppers.

TJBM loves the little guy in my video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tzLjIrfk7M

NomoreY_A's avatar

I do indeed, snappy tune and he’s fleet of feet. Paws? Talons? Well, you get the point. : ) TJBM is taking a summer vacation soon.

Mimishu1995's avatar

I lost the concept of summer vacation since I graduated. I can’t distinguish work day and vacation anymore.
TJBM has no holiday :(

NomoreY_A's avatar

Not a holiday as such, but I am taking a hiatus this week to spend some quality time with my younger grand kids before school starts again in late August. Going to a fishing camp, rent a cabin a few days, then maybe spend a day or two in Waco to see the zoo, and an animal park nearby on the way home. About 4 days max, but I can’t afford anything elaborate. TJBM isn’t taking a fancy overseas tour, because if you’ve seen one Taj, you’ve seen Mahal.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

LOL. No. No overseas tours in the near future for me. But sometime between 9am and 12noon tomorrow, I’ll embark on a sweet little Catalina 22 for delivery from St. Lucia to Martinique. Should be a cake run of about 4–5 hours at best, but the last gig was supposed to be cake, too, but it turned out to be a fucking nightmare from the deepest pits of hell. The mate and I were trapped for 48 hours at sea on a boat totally infested with bedbugs. Really nasty little bastards.

So, at @snowberry‘s suggestion and with black light at the ready, I will thoroughly inspect tomorrow’s vessel for bedbugs and other vermin before leaving the dock. That ain’t gonna happen again. Among other things, I’ll lose the best first mate I’ve had, if it does.

TJBM has had a really nice, quiet Sunday at home.

I did, and I just came in from a nice swim at dark and I am very relaxed.

TJBM is in touch with their inner 4 year old.

NomoreY_A's avatar

Yup, I’m reading a book that any 4 year old could understand. Go find me a four year old, I can’t make heads nor tails of it. TJBM is watching late night TV. And pigging out on moon pies.

Mimishu1995's avatar

I surf late night web is it even a thing?
TJBM can stay up late.

NomoreY_A's avatar

I sure can, I’m off tomorrow. Nothing to do sleep in, then chill out all day. TJBM is about to hit the hay.

I am, lying in bed now with my laptop waiting for my hair to dry a little more.

TJBM likes true crime mysteries.

Mimishu1995's avatar

You don’t know how long I have been into it :D Just look at my profile. I like them so much that I want to create mystery stories. Although recently I’m starting to shift my attitude from pure Holmesian style whodunnits that only solve crimes for the sake of it to introspective work that give insight to how people work. That last story I posted is an example.
TJBM knows that artists are prone to depression because they are too perceptive and have a tendency to ruminate.

Strauss's avatar

Oh I know well. Where I was in my 20’s I found myself in a circle of very creative friends—musicians, actors, dancers, poets, writers, etc. All thinking, with good reason, that things could be better somewhere else…but not quite knowing where that was, I hope to get there.

TJBM knows their purpose in life.

snowberry's avatar

Yes, very well.

TJBM was once young but now…?

Mimishu1995's avatar

… still young outside but old inside, if you know what I mean.
TJBM will tell us what their purpose in life is.

Purpose is ever changing there is no one exact purpose.

TJBM thinks we create our own purpose.

42 / so long and thanks for all the fish !

TJBM wishes it was the weekend again.

Doesn’t matter to me, weekends are the same as all the other days to me. haha

TJBM needs will tell us what is in their fridge right now.

Gosh. Cheese. Half of a French dip sandwich from Arby’s (for my Birthday dinner!) milk. Butter. Fishing worms. Cheescake (left over from dinner out on Saturday, saving for my Birthday dinner tonight while I watch Judge Judy,) Diet Coke, beer, ketchup, mayo. Sauce packets from various fast food restaurants.
I could better tell you what we don’t have in there.

TJBM will tell us what is not in their fridge that should be.

More like what shouldn’t be in their but soon will. A jug of my urine for a 24 hour urine collection. Chilled piss, hardly Chardonnay. LOL

TJBM has something unusual in their fridge. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dutchie!

Thanks. :D :D

I don’t know what qualifies as weirder than fishing worms. Although I had my son’s first fish (a perch) in my freezer for about 10 years. And an assortment of bugs he would catch and put in baby food jars in my freezer.
His wife gets to deal with it now. :D

TJBM is ready to chill for the evening.

CunningFox's avatar

Yes! Three and a half hour college class this morning, woke up at 6am for it. Then a meeting with my counselor to discuss the upcoming semester classes I will take where I found out that not only do I need to take two more math courses but THREE. Pushing my graduation to summer instead of spring. A snag in my plans but it doesn’t ruin everything. I’ll make it. But yes, a major headache for the day so I’m ready to RELAX. Haha.

TJBM hates math too?

I do. I am lost when it comes to the higher maths, cannot, for the life of me, work out problems in writing but have an uncannily accurate ability to measure and calculate in my mind , maybe I am an idiot savant. LOL

TJBM is mechanically challenged.

CunningFox's avatar

That’s a cool talent and ability at least! (Are you British? You say “mathS” plural lol,) Mechanically challenged? I’m not really sure what the qualifications for that are, but I likely am anyway. Math, science, anything like that I suck at. Wish I could be better in it but my mind doesn’t wanna work like that. English, Sociology, History are more my forte’.

TJBM has seen ‘The Birth Of A Nation’.

Yes, very good, saw it a year or so ago when it 1st was released in theaters.
No, not british just wit-ish. LOL

TJBM likes foreign sub-titled movies.

CunningFox's avatar

I did like foreign subtitled movies when I was studying languages in high school. Helped a lot for that. But it’s not necessarily a genre I seek out.

TJBM is a night owl.

Not like I used to be.

Adulting has changed TJBM.

Adulting? I’ve been adulting for long time, I want to be childing again.

TJB is a big, fat, baby!

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DUTCHESS!!!

Sometimes. It depends if I’m with a big, fat momma type. It’s nice to relax and let the hurt though in a safe place once in awhile with a safe person.

@CunningFox What’s your major?

No bedbugs today, just rain and big waves. Safely quartered in a hotel room on Martinique with a big shower/bath, great food and a lounge full of French lady tourists. Vivre la bonne vie! or something like that.

TJBM knows what, ultimately, our purpose in life is.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Happy Birthday Dutchess and congratulations EC!
I’m still struggling to know. I’m too young for that question :(
TJBM is fighting for a cause bigger than they are.

Yes, fighting to keep my backside from getting bigger. haha

TJBM has gone skydiving.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

No. Never jumped out of a perfectly good aircraft. The closest thing to that was just a couple of years ago, I was thinking about getting into motorless, or passive, paragliding. My little sister in Hawaii, a former world windsurfing champion, is a paragliding fanatic. It’s sweet thing. The guy in the picture is way more equipped than we were in Tampa Bay. You wear a pair of trunks and while on a skiboard, a guy on a jet ski gets you off the water surface, then you ride the thermoclines for the rest of the day.

I did it a few times and was ready to spend about 4 grand on equipment, but it will really tax you physically. I was about 57 at the time, in good shape, but a few times I damn near became completely exhausted while up. I thought it would be a nice adjunct to my future sailing business along with dive tours, fishing, etc. But it was just too much. I loved it though. Nothing like being up there riding the thermoclines with the pelicans in total silence above the hotels on the beach and looking down at the maddening, busy world below.

But it was not to be.

TJBM has done some kind of passive flying.

Yes, I took my daughter up for a couple hour hot air balloon tor for her 21st birthday.
It was so much fun. Yes, total silence just drifting along.

TJBM has had a long day.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Yeah, for sure. I just ordered some camomile tea and a sandwich to help wind me down. It was a bit hairy out there today, on hindsight. But I was just an observer on this trip. The boat was easily sailed solo, so it was up to the mate to both handle the wheel and work the deck and sails as if I weren’t on board. She’s studying for her Captain’s boards and need to log in solo time on blue water to qualify. I’ll probably be losing her sometime next year.

TJBM is waiting for the sandman to cometh forth.

Yes, he is just outside the door softly knocking…

TJBM loves Dijon mustard.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Yeah. As a former inveterate food snob, that is the only mustard I would use for years. But you know what? I got back to the States and started using their yellow mustard again, and truthfully, it is my favorite now. Maybe it is because some of my favorite comfort foods, like kielbasa and sauerkraut, just don’t taste the same without the mustard I grew up with.

TJBM will hang in there until the sandman makes it through the door.

AshLeigh's avatar

I will.
TJBM drank too much juice.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Juice. LOL. No, only one after dinner brandy.

TJBM is sensitive to fructose

Not that I am aware of but I know high fructose corn syrup is nasty stuff.

TJBM is up at at’em.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Err…
TJBM says err.

Errrrrr…..

TJBM likes chocolate milk.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

I do. I hadn’t had it for years, possibly decades, until recently. As a going away gift, a friend gave me five pounds of powdered chocolate flavored whey protein. You mix it with milk for best results. Damn, this stuff is good. I forgot how much I liked chocolate milk. I drank almost a gallon of it the first day. The next day, everything in my gut had turned to concrete. I ate two large cans of peaches and finally got some relief. So, I keep it down to only one glass a day now. I had no idea protein did that to you..Lesson learned.

TJBM has recently eaten a food that they haven’t had for a long time.

AshLeigh's avatar

I had pizza.
TJBM remembered to take their vitamins today.

Actually I just ran out and haven’t bought more yet.

TJBM likes to dance.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Only if you don’t laugh at me.
TJBM likes to do something when no one is around.

Yes, lounge around in my skivvies. :-)

TJBM keeps a frozen washcloth in their frizzer for morning wake up face. LOL

snowberry's avatar

I never thought of it, but it sounds like a good idea.

TJBM will tell us what’s under their bed.

Nothing but dust balls, house cleaning day is Thurs.

TJBM has tile flooring.

snowberry's avatar

Yes, here and there.

TJBM learned to walk before they crawled.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

I can’t remember.

TJBM just injured themself.

snowberry's avatar

Ouch! No!

TJBM has thinning hair.

No, I have nice, healthy hair.

TJBM will tell us their hair color.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Black, but that’s too predictable if you know who I am.
TJBM knows where @Espiritus_Corvus has gone to…

No I don’t but I hope it isn’t the hospital.

TJBM had leftovers for their last meal.

No, my last meal, last night was fresh salad and cheese and crackers.

TJBM is cranky from the heat.

No. I have air conditioning any time I want to escape.

TJBM wonders how people even did it before A.C.

Yes, sheer misery, especially women way back when cooking over wood stoves and baking bread every day and washing your clothes on a washboard, fuck that, I’d have murdered my entire family. LOL

TJBM has had bugs or an animal eat their flowers recently.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Not this year. Not since I found Betsy the Burro a good home. She could demolish a quarter acre garden in ten minutes and a half acre of sugar cane in a day. I swear I thought I was going to come out there one morning and find her hoof up in patch of devastated cane. She now has a good home with a bunch of kids who feed her as much cane as she wants.

TJBM has had experience with burros.

Yes. We had a burro when my daughter was about 6, named “Minnie Pearl.” Got her so my daughter and my friends little kids had something small to ride and fuss over. She was a clown, loved Captain Crunch cereal. haha

She ended up bonding with my friends horse so we let her go with them when they moved. My other friend around the bend here has two mini-donkeys, “Missy” & June Bug.” Missy is totally blind in her old age but gets around fine following her pal.

TJBM is going to bed early tonight, they swear.

Mimishu1995's avatar

I swear so many times…
Good night @Coloma!
TJBM will say good night to @Coloma.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Good night, vaquera.

TJBM thinks it’s amazing how some animals will take care of other animals of a different species.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Of course! Ants take care of caterpillars, dogs take care of cats and vice versa… Not all of the relationships are from pure kindness but it teaches human that it’s possible to coexist with each other.
And I don’t like it when people form cynical thought about this phenomenon. I remember a story about a mother cat raising a young rat along with her kittens. It wasn’t clear if the story was true or not, but one human in the story said something like this: “The cat is only raising the rat so that she can eat it once it grows up”. Don’t know if that was a joke or not, but I find the attitude too cynical. Pet rat and cat have been proved to live happily together when properly introduced.
TJBM thinks animals have a lot to teach us.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

I do. I have learned from dogs that a handicap is not a handicap if you just keep on being what you are. I the case of a three legged dog, it doesn’t slow them down a bit, and they don’t feel self-conscious for one second around other dogs. They get sniffed once or twice for their strangeness, then go and take their position in the pack. If they stood around moping, the other dogs would feel bad, realize there is nothing they can do, then go on with their lives. Somehow dogs know this. It is a good thing to learn from dogs.

TJBM has a YouTube example of cross-species empathy.

snowberry's avatar

Here ya go. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8uBcHHZIApg

TJBM will show us another video of cross species empathy.

Not right now, too busy to look any up. I dunno, maybe that first dog was just trying to bury the baby. haha
Cute, but I’m not a fan of having dogs right up in babies faces. Risky business.

TJBM is busy, busy, busy, today.