afghanhound's avatar

Why do you fill up at 76 gas stations?

Asked by afghanhound (150points) July 17th, 2017

What makes 76 your gas station of choice? Have you ever really thought about it before?

Why does it matter that you fill up at 76 and not some other gas station?
What makes you choose it over other gas stations?
What do you like (or love) about it? Why do you think you feel that way?

Please share as much as you can think of.

Thank you!

I don’t. There are no 76 gas stations where I live. It isn’t even a choice. The closest one is around 70 miles away, and there is no way I will drive 140 miles round trip for a tank of gas.

But in general, all gas is the same. So I go for price.

NomoreY_A's avatar

Same as above, no 76 stations in my area at all. Maybe out in West Texas, not here in Central Tx. I usually gas up at my local Sunoco, cheapest in town.

I don’t unless I am desperate, even though my father built the refinery in Rodeo CA back in the sixties.

They are a good 15 cents a gallon more than Chevron or Shell.

stanleybmanly's avatar

I never use them. They are always among the brands with prohibitively exorbitant prices when compared to neighboring competition. I’ll drive 10 miles past 3 empty 76 stations to wait in line at a costco operation to save 60–80 cents a gallon. Frankly, I don’t know how they stay in business.

Darth_Algar's avatar

I can’t recall the last time I saw a 76.

LuckyGuy's avatar

i will answer this generically since I do not use 76,
I go to one of the local stations, Kwik Fill, because they have lower price with a loyalty card. and they will pump the gas for you if you like.
They are also closer to my home.

I used to go to a 76 station because it was the only gas station in my small community but now, for the last few years there are no 76’s nearby and I either use Chevron or the local Flyers stations. I tend to use Chevron more as it is conveniently located at the corner of my road just a few miles from my house so easy access on my way in or out.

snowberry's avatar

There aren’t any near me. Why do you ask?

Closest 76 station is over half a tank of gas away from me. SO . . .

RocketGuy's avatar

Gas at 76 is supposed to have better detergents than at Arco. When it is cheaper than Valero gas, I fill up at 76.

Response moderated (Writing Standards)
Response moderated

I fill up at one gas station at a time.