General Question

flo's avatar

What medical term starts with Ch or K and is followed by Malformation?

Asked by flo (12904points) September 6th, 2017

It may have the letters r and y, or i, It’s very rare, and affects the brain, and the spinal chord, maybe.
It’‘s not at all incapacitating, not easily detectable, maybe.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

9 Answers

CWOTUS's avatar

Chiari malformation sounds like it might be what you’re looking for.

Rarebear's avatar

There is also Budd-Chiari syndrome, but it’s not a “malformation” and it’s not in the brain.

si3tech's avatar

@flo Are you thinking of an AV malformation? A is for arterial. V is for venous.

flo's avatar

@Rarebear I’m sorry I just got distracted by the 2 not s in your post, thank you too.
@si3tech ?

Rarebear's avatar

@flo Granted my answer was awkward, but does it make sense?

flo's avatar

@Rarebear Yes, that’s why I thanked you. It’s good to know that something (completely unrelated?) is named that.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther