maybe_moonstone's avatar

Why do I have swollen lymph nodes?

Asked by maybe_moonstone (4points) 3 weeks ago

I’m pretty positive I have a swollen lymph node on my left side. I might have a slight cold which could be why, but I feel like if I have a small cold then it shouldn’t be swollen, especially considering my throat doesnt even hurt. The lymph node doesn’t really hurt either. I can notice that it’s a little tender to press on but it’s not painful. I’m ruling out strep or tonsillitis considering again, it’s not painful. I don’t have insurance right now so I’m taking to the internet to see if anyone can be of assistance. I read that if it doesn’t go down in 2 to 4 weeks then I should go get it checked out which I will try to do, but in the mean time I’m trying to just rule out what it could be.

2davidc8's avatar

On this site most of us are not doctors, and even a doctor would want to see you before making a diagnosis. Impossible to say what’s going on via internet.
But yes, if it doesn’t go down in 2 to 4 weeks, definitely you need to see a doctor.

Lots of things go around after the kids are back in school, plus allergies in fall. No doctor here, but I wouldnt freak out.