General Question

Why do I have swollen lymph nodes?

Asked by maybe_moonstone (4points) 3 weeks ago

I’m pretty positive I have a swollen lymph node on my left side. I might have a slight cold which could be why, but I feel like if I have a small cold then it shouldn’t be swollen, especially considering my throat doesnt even hurt. The lymph node doesn’t really hurt either. I can notice that it’s a little tender to press on but it’s not painful. I’m ruling out strep or tonsillitis considering again, it’s not painful. I don’t have insurance right now so I’m taking to the internet to see if anyone can be of assistance. I read that if it doesn’t go down in 2 to 4 weeks then I should go get it checked out which I will try to do, but in the mean time I’m trying to just rule out what it could be.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

3 Answers

On this site most of us are not doctors, and even a doctor would want to see you before making a diagnosis. Impossible to say what’s going on via internet.
But yes, if it doesn’t go down in 2 to 4 weeks, definitely you need to see a doctor.

Lots of things go around after the kids are back in school, plus allergies in fall. No doctor here, but I wouldnt freak out.

Answer this question

Login

or

Join

to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
or
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther